Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Calgary - hard water area ?

Wikiposts

Calgary - hard water area ?

Old Jan 28th 2007, 2:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Calgary - hard water area ?

Hi all

We have just moved over and have spent a fortune on new electrical goods. From looking at the water in a glass it doesn't appear that Calgary is a particularly hard water area but I am no expert in this area.

We are in the south west if that make any difference.

If it is, is there anything that people do to lessen the impact on the lifespan of their heating elements and, if so, what is it ? I am thinking of the "Calgo" type of tablet that you may put in with the washing !!

Thanks for any replies
Old Jan 28th 2007, 2:34 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Calgary - hard water area ?

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Hi all

We have just moved over and have spent a fortune on new electrical goods. From looking at the water in a glass it doesn't appear that Calgary is a particularly hard water area but I am no expert in this area.

We are in the south west if that make any difference.

If it is, is there anything that people do to lessen the impact on the lifespan of their heating elements and, if so, what is it ? I am thinking of the "Calgo" type of tablet that you may put in with the washing !!

Thanks for any replies
Calgary's water is considered medium hard to hard.

City of Calgary Water Hardness FAQ

We have a water softener in the basement it is hooked up to all the hot water and the cold water to the bathroom sinks and bathtubs.

Regular hard water for the toilets and kitchen cold.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 6:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calgary - hard water area ?

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Calgary's water is considered medium hard to hard.

City of Calgary Water Hardness FAQ

We have a water softener in the basement it is hooked up to all the hot water and the cold water to the bathroom sinks and bathtubs.

Regular hard water for the toilets and kitchen cold.
Cheers Steve