Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

CALGARY ACCOUNTANTS FAMILIAR WITH BOTH UK AND CANADIAN TAX BREAKS ETC

CALGARY ACCOUNTANTS FAMILIAR WITH BOTH UK AND CANADIAN TAX BREAKS ETC

Old Jul 22nd 2011, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

beaujolais is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CALGARY ACCOUNTANTS FAMILIAR WITH BOTH UK AND CANADIAN TAX BREAKS ETC

We are looking for an accountant or advice on being tax efficient and uk/canadian tax affairs. All of our income will come from the UK and we have properties in the UK that will fund us as well as our UK based business and pension. We will run our business from Canada. We have had a couple of quotes from companies like Deloitte and KPMG- they want £10,000 per hour or per consultation! without even giving too much advice of what they may be able to save us etc. Were hoping to find someone a little cheaper.... (well a lot cheaper). Has anyone used anyone they can recommend either in the UK or Canada?
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 2:01 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CALGARY ACCOUNTANTS FAMILIAR WITH BOTH UK AND CANADIAN TAX BREAKS ETC

Hi

Although I am based in Calgary, I can't refer you to a local UK/Cdn tax accountant. However, I have recently used a firm based in Toronto with an affiliate in the UK. I had a 1 hour conference call with both representatives and it will cost me £700 approx and will include a half hour follow-up call.

I don't have a business, so most of my issues were related to CGT, Pensions etc. They were referred to me by a respected professional that I have dealt with for many years. I just sent them an e-mail outling the issues that I needed to address and they got back to me with their pricing. Let me know if you would like their contact details.

Last edited by lf1; Jul 22nd 2011 at 2:16 pm.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

beaujolais is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CALGARY ACCOUNTANTS FAMILIAR WITH BOTH UK AND CANADIAN TAX BREAKS ETC

thanks that would be great.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 2:20 pm

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by beaujolais
We are looking for an accountant or advice on being tax efficient and uk/canadian tax affairs. All of our income will come from the UK and we have properties in the UK that will fund us as well as our UK based business and pension. We will run our business from Canada. We have had a couple of quotes from companies like Deloitte and KPMG- they want £10,000 per hour or per consultation! without even giving too much advice of what they may be able to save us etc. Were hoping to find someone a little cheaper.... (well a lot cheaper). Has anyone used anyone they can recommend either in the UK or Canada?
I am in the wrong business.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 2:31 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beaujolais
thanks that would be great.
I have sent you a PM with the contact details. Good luck.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 3:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Chris Woodward of Woodward Godfrey Davis. Ex-UK accountant, now practising in Calgary.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 3:35 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Chris Woodward of Woodward Godfrey Davis. Ex-UK accountant, now practising in Calgary.
Seconded. Excellent service.