CAKE

Old Sep 26th 2008, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

McNicoll family is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CAKE

On a slightly different note, I flew from London to Scotland the other day and had a huge box of fruit jellies in my hand luggage and they let me through ok.

So you may be ok.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 12:56 pm
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to see that something Canadian at the supermarket didnt disappoint you. Thgough nothign beats an M&S cake IMHO.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 1:04 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Katie76
Tee hee,.. well according to Steve P's knowledge, I hope you're able to smuggle it through somehow. I wonder what ideas you could come up with to disguise it
Hide it inside a file?
Old Sep 26th 2008, 5:40 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Hide it inside a file?
hahaha. Surreal comedy ftw!
Old Sep 27th 2008, 1:11 am
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

A cake shouldn't be a problem, unless its a meat and cheese cake.

Take it as carry on, its solid not a liquid or a gel so thats not a problem.

Tell them its to eat on the journey if they give you any hassle.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

needasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really nice

Originally Posted by moosey2canada
Does anyone know if i can buy a cake here and take it on the plane and back to the UK i know this sounds totally mental (we do have cake in yorkshire) but i really want to do it... so if anyone knows.......Cheers

lol out of curiosity...what kind of cake?

My gran used to wrap black pudding in her knickers to bring it to my mom in alberta way back in the day. And one of her suitcases was all choccy inside!!

My how times have changed
Old Sep 27th 2008, 5:30 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by needasmack

My gran used to wrap black pudding in her knickers to bring it to my mom in alberta way back in the day.
I trust she wasn't wearing them at the time
Old Sep 27th 2008, 6:01 pm
Elusive dreamer

gotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud of

I believe it depends on the cake and the airline.

A friend of mine tried to take a home-made Christmas cake once. Because of liquid (alcohol content), it was not allowed on the plane(?) But the airline said it had to be checked in - it was in the special section where you check fragile stuff.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 11:27 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gotoronto
I believe it depends on the cake and the airline.

A friend of mine tried to take a home-made Christmas cake once. Because of liquid (alcohol content), it was not allowed on the plane(?) But the airline said it had to be checked in - it was in the special section where you check fragile stuff.
I was told that the density of Xmas Cake makes it appear like Semtex on the viewing machines, so its best to carry it in your carry on.

So the cake is more of a danger than the bottles of Vodka, Brandy etc in the plane, what stupidity we have to put up with now to travel.