Bye!!

Old Jul 15th 2005, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant future
Default Re: Bye!!

Good luck Jen you’ve got the right attitude only you yourself can make it work
Old Jul 15th 2005, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

kippa is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by flashman
What consitutes a "Decent Lifestyle" is very subjective. For instance I consider "Decent Living" a home place where I have plenty of living space especially between me and my neighbours, the roads are not crowded, the weather is predictable and allows outdoor activities all year round, streets are safe, crime is low or non-existent.

Also those negative comments about the immigrant experience in Canada are probably just as applicable to new immigrants in the UK. They are predictable and rather than blame the country more responsibility rests with the individual.
We are hoping to be in Canada next spring which will be 2 years from when we first started, and this is going down the road of temporary visas rather than PR. We have had several set backs, we wanted to go to Ontario but that proved impossible so we are going to Saskatchewan instead. My husband is a truck driver so will be away alot, something neither of us are used to but we will cope. Everytime i have a slight doubt in my mind about moving i open a newspaper or look at the news and any doubts i have are gone. We have 2 boys 9 & 11 and we are hoping that we can give them a better life. In light of what happened in London last week next spring cannot come soon enough.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 1:29 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kippa
In light of what happened in London last week next spring cannot come soon enough.
What on earth does that have to do with anything. It could have happened anywhere at any time, and could concievably still happen here (although not is Sask) If you are going to worry about that kind of stuff you might want to give the praries a miss...you might get hit by a tornado!
Old Jul 15th 2005, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by iaink
What on earth does that have to do with anything. It could have happened anywhere at any time, and could concievably still happen here (although not is Sask) If you are going to worry about that kind of stuff you might want to give the praries a miss...you might get hit by a tornado!
Why do you have to be so rude. This was just my opinion i don't expect people to have to agree with me. I might have guessed that if anyone gave me a hard time over what i wrote it would be you.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 5:03 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Why do you have to be so rude. This was just my opinion i don't expect people to have to agree with me. I might have guessed that if anyone gave me a hard time over what i wrote it would be you.
Gee, Sorry, had no idea I was likely to give anyone a hard time, and it wasnt intended to be rude (anyone else think it was rude?). Most of what I post here is intended to be either usefull, occasionally humourous, or more often than not to make people think about why they are really putting themselves through the immigration wringer. None if it is meant personally, It just seemed a realy bogus reason for wanting to leave.

Besides, If you dont expect people to have to agree with you, why get upset when they dont.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

brit_in_fizroy will become famous soon enough

Gee, Sorry, had no idea I was likely to give anyone a hard time, and it wasnt intended to be rude (anyone else think it was rude?). Most of what I post here is intended to be either usefull, occasionally humourous, or more often than not to make people think about why they are really putting themselves through the immigration wringer. None if it is meant personally, It just seemed a realy bogus reason for wanting to leave.

Besides, If you dont expect people to have to agree with you, why get upset when they dont.
Argumentative maybe but don't think it was rude - good reply. As for the London issue being a reason to leave, by changing your views, lifestyle, actions, country, maybe the bombers have won a small victory in you???
Old Jul 15th 2005, 5:26 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Gee, Sorry, had no idea I was likely to give anyone a hard time, and it wasnt intended to be rude (anyone else think it was rude?).

Rude...nope.... granted many on here are a bit overly sensitive when you disagree with them...

Me I'm often rude because being subtle doesn’t seem to get the point through.

I mean if your planning emigrating to Canada what the f**king point of all the positive threads...I mean the good points of Canada are bleeding obvious other wise why would you even consider it..

But nobody likes to hear the bad points…but these are the ones you need to know so as to avoid the pain when you land and remove some of the unpleasant surprises… yet you get criticized for telling the truth…worst still most of the self informed experts floating around on this site have only ever visited and yet “know� how much better it is yet have never lived here…

Iaink…. I’ve about had my fill of this place… but you have at least been honest and stuck to your guns and from my point of view have told the truth fairly and politely.
Ignore the idiots that come and go… they need you more on this site to be able to give a fair and experienced opinion in spite of the ill informed know it all wanabes…
Old Jul 15th 2005, 6:20 pm
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute

Scouse.
I know exactly the feeling's you're going through, I'm going through them myself.
After talking to people about it, I think it's a natural state to be in, after all (excuse the cheese) but, it's a total life changing thing we're doing here, we're not just moving down the road. One day you're up, then next you're down. I was in the 'is it worth it?' phase last week and I've been in and out for the past 3 months. This week I've been positive, mainly because I haven't been visiting here as much
It can get sooo depressing here, ranging from how difficult it is to find a job to how bad the chocolate is!! I'll put a tenner on this thread turning into another row! Having said that though, it's also peoples real life experiences they're sharing with us! I was under the impression that I'd be able to find a job no problem and life would be rosey, but now I'm looking forward to a life of burger flipping (joke)! The negative advice can really help you if taken the right way. It's the last thing you want to hear when you've set your heart on emigrating. Filter the moans and winges from the real advice and use it to your advantage when you get there.
My advice, find another forum with happy people in,(I've found a couple of great ones!) but keep visiting here if you get too happy I've got an online buddy who keeps me in line, gives me a slap if I get down and keeps me positive
It's the wait that does it, makes you paranoid, but just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean people aren't after you
Chin up mate, stay positive!

Last edited by Bleech; Jul 15th 2005 at 6:23 pm.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Woodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond repute

Although I can throroughly understand why people feel the need to leave this forum please remember those of us still in the system who are trying to be realistic about this move but be positive too.
We still need many of you to stick around to help us through this journey. If all we're left with are all the moaners and wingers then we're in trouble!

Believe me there are still good folk around here who, although we may not post very often, still need your imput.

Thanks for listening
Old Jul 16th 2005, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

Ok truce!!!!
Sorry if i sounded spikey. I know things like that could happen in Canada. It's a collection of things that are going on over here that are practically on your doorstep that tend to spook me. Believe me there are lots more reasons for us wanting to emigrate. Thanks for replying and i will try not to be so tetchy in future.
Old Jul 16th 2005, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MikeUK
Rude...nope.... granted many on here are a bit overly sensitive when you disagree with them...

Me I'm often rude because being subtle doesn’t seem to get the point through.

I mean if your planning emigrating to Canada what the f**king point of all the positive threads...I mean the good points of Canada are bleeding obvious other wise why would you even consider it..

But nobody likes to hear the bad points…but these are the ones you need to know so as to avoid the pain when you land and remove some of the unpleasant surprises… yet you get criticized for telling the truth…worst still most of the self informed experts floating around on this site have only ever visited and yet “know� how much better it is yet have never lived here…

Iaink…. I’ve about had my fill of this place… but you have at least been honest and stuck to your guns and from my point of view have told the truth fairly and politely.
Ignore the idiots that come and go… they need you more on this site to be able to give a fair and experienced opinion in spite of the ill informed know it all wanabes…

I guess i've been told. Believe me we have a very positive view of our move to Canada. I am sorry if i upset you lot ,the forum has given me a lot of good advise and i didn't think what i wrote has warented this reaction. Maybe i was wrong. As for being honest, i thought i was being honest about how i felt . This is a small part of the reasons for us moving.
Old Jul 16th 2005, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really nice

I guess i've been told. Believe me we have a very positive view of our move to Canada. I am sorry if i upset you lot ,the forum has given me a lot of good advise and i didn't think what i wrote has warented this reaction. Maybe i was wrong. As for being honest, i thought i was being honest about how i felt . This is a small part of the reasons for us moving.
I understand completely Kippa. One of the reasons I wanted to leave the UK was the threat of terrorism. I think it's a perfectly valid reason to leave and don't care whether people agree or not. We all have our reasons for wanting to live in Canada and I'm sure there are plenty of people who think terrorism is a valid reason.
Old Jul 16th 2005, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really nice

Originally Posted by Scouse
Why are we all so desperate to get into a country that:-

a). Does not recognise our qualifications.

b). Does not recognise our work experience.

c). Does not even recognise our divorce papers, FFS!!!!

The first anniversary of my AOR comes around in a few days time, but I think I've had enough. The more I read about Canada, the more I think that it is living in the dark ages.

The 'better way of life' argument just doesn't work anymore. I can beat my head against the wall over here......I don't need to go to Canada to do it.

End result? Stay put and enjoy the UK. It is not perfect, but at least I can understand the reasoning behind most of the decisions that the Government throw our way. Canadian 'protectionism' is beyond my limited IQ.

It was nice while it lasted, but the dream has died.

Scouse.
I thought you made some good points Scouse. We've been here over a year. Competition for work is very high. Therefore many people do anything to hold on to their jobs in case they can't find another one.

We still don't have a family doctor and our local walk-in clinic closed recently. I would call that getting pretty close to the dark ages.

I have found that while people are generally friendly, it can be superficial. We have made many friends here, but only one couple who we would stay in touch with if we ever moved again.

Beaurocracy here is unbelievable and protectionism is rife. There are many narrow minded views due to lack of movement. Canadians are certainly not the 'movers and shakers' of the world in my opinion. They are comfortable in their own country and like it the way it is. Change isn't something they particularly like in my experience.

In saying all of that, there is plenty of space, traffic (out of the large cities) is much lighter than the UK in general, the weather (snowy winter, hot summer) is excellent. Scenery can be great depending on where you live and the education system is reasonable.

We are still glad we moved here as it has been a great life experience. There are pros and cons to both countries and it will depend on your own preferences/personality whether you prefer here or not.

Overall, I think the best things Canada has going for it is the weather and geography.

If you have come to the conclusion already that the negatives outweigh the positives then it is wise to stop the application process now before you part with a lot of cash! Maybe you will feel differently once the med requests come in and it becomes more of a reality?!

Chris
Old Jul 16th 2005, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tom Masters
I understand completely Kippa. One of the reasons I wanted to leave the UK was the threat of terrorism. I think it's a perfectly valid reason to leave and don't care whether people agree or not. We all have our reasons for wanting to live in Canada and I'm sure there are plenty of people who think terrorism is a valid reason.

Thank you
Old Jul 16th 2005, 5:51 pm
Cheese & Onion Member

Crispie will become famous soon enoughCrispie will become famous soon enough

The bombings in London were an inevitable symptom of what has been so wrong with British foreign policy and British over PC domestic policy. If you look at this as the big picture then Kippa has a very valid reason to leave the UK. I am with Kippa on that but you are also right if the incident is taken on its own as the chances of being a victim of a bombing are probably weaker than that of a tornado.
Perversely the horror of these attacks has brought out some of the superb qualities of the British people. The unity that is now being demonstrated is quite moving as it crosses religion, race, age and region. Even Europe seems to has got it's true focus back and united.
Perhaps now we have a reason to stay in Britain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.