Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Buying UK food online from Canada?

Buying UK food online from Canada?

Old Jul 17th 2010, 12:59 am
Vi

rossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying UK food online from Canada?

Originally Posted by Scrapcat
I can find loads of US and UK suppliers but to avoid customs I'd like to buy from within Canada. Any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks!
Hi
Atlantic Superstore Montague...Now sells Barrs Irn Bru and..................................Wiltshire bacon yummm Real bacon atl last.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 7:47 pm
Going back....

Scrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone - Pete's in Halifax DOES have instant tea but it's Tetley not PGtips I know that if I was 'normal' and just made it with tea bags there'd be no problem!

Still searching for jars of PGTips online if anyone has any more suggestions though

Thanks!
Old Jul 20th 2010, 11:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

sinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks everyone - Pete's in Halifax DOES have instant tea but it's Tetley not PGtips I know that if I was 'normal' and just made it with tea bags there'd be no problem!

Still searching for jars of PGTips online if anyone has any more suggestions though

Thanks!
Hi,
There is a shop in Oromocto NB which has PG Tips in stock and i think she ships stuff to other places in Canada too. The website is http://www.just-balloons.com and they also have a facebook site which contains a list of all their in stock products (search for Brit Club - Fredericton). She will also order in other stuff for you if there is anything in particular you need. Prices are pretty reasonable too

Sinead
Old Jul 20th 2010, 11:44 pm
Wellington NS

budcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud of

TrishB, you're a star....I'm going to try some of these
Old Jul 21st 2010, 1:50 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks!
Petes in Bedford has PG Tips!
Also, superstore have them now too.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 1:51 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_
I'm just about to put that to the test with a pork pie I bought yesterday, haven't had one for years.

But anyway, the one main thing I miss are crisps because the American ones they sell here are awful. One tip I can share is that a box of crisps is below the weight limit and is classified as a small parcel, regardless of what someone at Royal Mail may tell you otherwise. So even though it's quite large it doesn't cost that much to mail it here.
So...how was the pork pie?
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 2:16 pm
Going back....

Scrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again everyone but I'm still looking for jars of INSTANT tea (not teabags which are pretty easy to find!) Any more suggestions for online shopping welcome or it'll just have to be the Britsuperstore......
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 2:58 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Amazon US have it:

http://www.amazon.com/PG-Tips-Tea-Gr...810013&sr=1-21

Old Jul 29th 2010, 3:31 pm
Going back....

But have you seen the price!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think it might be cheaper just to fly to the UK and buy some!

Thanks anyhow
Old Jul 30th 2010, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

pontcanna has a reputation beyond reputepontcanna has a reputation beyond reputepontcanna has a reputation beyond reputepontcanna has a reputation beyond reputepontcanna has a reputation beyond reputepontcanna has a reputation beyond reputepontcanna has a reputation beyond reputepontcanna has a reputation beyond reputepontcanna has a reputation beyond reputepontcanna has a reputation beyond reputepontcanna has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, big price diff between UKP 2.50 or so and USD 12.50. And one of the overseas retailers has a flat rate for shipping of almost UKP 45.00 (up to 30 k mind). Almost be worth having a kind soul in the UK buy up a bunch of PG Tips instant tea, dump the glass packaging (that is most of the shipping cost) package it up like narcotics (which I guess it is, really) and fire it over by surface/sea...
Old Jul 30th 2010, 11:32 pm
Going back....

Must admit that's what I've been doing for the past few years but now my parents have moved over there aren't that many people left in the UK who I can realistically ask My brother is coming in a few weeks and I'd been expecting him to bring me a few months supply but he's now decided to hike around Newfoundland on the way to PEI so isn't keen on bringing anything unnecessary..... his description!

I'll keep looking.....
Old Jul 31st 2010, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

mrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to all

Try Bitishdelights.com They do PG tips instant tea. it's expensive @ $10.45 but you can buy it by the case, which is cheaper.