British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   buying tobacco in canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/buying-tobacco-canada-405104/)

AwiserBud Oct 30th 2006 12:21 pm

buying tobacco in canada

does anyone know where i can purchase filters for making "roll-ups" in canada? i have tried everywhere, i am reffering to the small individual tips, not the ones that come complete with the paper attached. i can buy cigarette papers everywhere, but (i could be corrected on this) i assume these are sold for either making cigarettes without filters, or.....for rolling joints !!!!!!
I did bring a good supply over with me, but i am running very low, i could get someone to ship some over from the UK but cannot understand why i cant find any here, is it really that strange to make your own?
thanks.
Steve.

SAW 04 Oct 30th 2006 12:46 pm

Re: buying tobacco in canada

Would it not be easier just to buy normal cigs?

Originally Posted by AwiserBud
does anyone know where i can purchase filters for making "roll-ups" in canada? i have tried everywhere, i am reffering to the small individual tips, not the ones that come complete with the paper attached. i can buy cigarette papers everywhere, but (i could be corrected on this) i assume these are sold for either making cigarettes without filters, or.....for rolling joints !!!!!!
I did bring a good supply over with me, but i am running very low, i could get someone to ship some over from the UK but cannot understand why i cant find any here, is it really that strange to make your own?
thanks.
Steve.

Piff Poff Oct 30th 2006 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by SAW 04
Would it not be easier just to buy normal cigs?

Normal cigs taste completely different as for tips I gave up 6 years ago so I can't help sorry!

windward Oct 31st 2006 12:44 am

Kudos to the quitter :)

As for the question at hand I don't understand it myself... maybe the canucks can just buy normal ones that cheaply that rolling your own isn't that popular.. but then how are you getting hold of papers and tobacco...?

Weird.

Novocastrian Oct 31st 2006 2:11 am

thanks.
Steve.

You can get these (and very cheap tobacco) on any Reservation.

Novocastrian Oct 31st 2006 2:18 am

thanks.
Steve.

But,since you're location seems to be Oxford, UK, there's a tobacconist just opposite Christ Church. Why are you asking?

Piff Poff Oct 31st 2006 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
But,since you're location seems to be Oxford, UK, there's a tobacconist just opposite Christ Church. Why are you asking?

:D :D