Reload this Page >

buying property in canada

buying property in canada

Old Jul 20th 2003, 9:44 pm
I am the other man....

port7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default buying property in canada

hello all,

anyone ever bought property in canada whilst still living in the uk? are there any restrictions? i am considering buy-to-let, then later on use it for myself.

where would you get a mortgage, over here or there? with the exchange rates i think i could get a good deal. ideas anyone?

thanks for all info...
Old Jul 21st 2003, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

paddythepilot will become famous soon enoughpaddythepilot will become famous soon enough

I am also looking into buy property in Vancouver on a buy-to-let basis.

It seems to be very straight forward and similar to the UK way of doing things. HSBC are able to offer me a mortgage here in Hong Kong for a property in Vancouver, maybe they can do the same for you in the UK?

Best of luck!
Old Jul 21st 2003, 1:00 pm
I am the other man....

port7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by paddythepilot
I am also looking into buy property in Vancouver on a buy-to-let basis.

It seems to be very straight forward and similar to the UK way of doing things. HSBC are able to offer me a mortgage here in Hong Kong for a property in Vancouver, maybe they can do the same for you in the UK?

Best of luck!
hmm, hsbc has a presence in canada then? that might be usefull, i am looking in the area of london / st thomas in ontario.

i was wondering if there are legal restrictions.
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think there would be any restrictions. In Saskatchewan I believe there are still restrictions on foreigners buying farm land but I think you should be able to buy a house.