Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

To Buy or Not to Buy - Ladies Fashion

To Buy or Not to Buy - Ladies Fashion

Old Apr 24th 2008, 8:35 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To Buy or Not to Buy - Ladies Fashion

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
I'd buy bras and shoes/boots, and if it's your thing, plain M&S cashmere mix jumpers - it was so hard to get anything as nice as those for the price.
have you tried

http://www.uniqlo.co.uk/

they were doing 30 pound cashmere... yep 30 quid!

not sure if they will send to Canada though.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

mart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
I am a grannie and I won't wear a lot of the stuff. The only problems is I have had a lack of uk shopping for 7 months so the clothes are looking OK
hope i didnt offend my granny is 74 thats what was in my mind.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 2:16 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mart2612
hope i didnt offend my granny is 74 thats what was in my mind.
no you didn't offend at all I became a grannie at 40 and I love it
Old Apr 24th 2008, 2:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Londonuck
have you tried

http://www.uniqlo.co.uk/

they were doing 30 pound cashmere... yep 30 quid!

not sure if they will send to Canada though.
Blimey, I just looked, that's 100% pure cashmere!

I just wear plain thin jumpers in the winter, and there was no timeless plain stuff here that wasn't acrylic. The ones made of decent wool had rubbish like flowers or polar bears or glittery bits on them - *spit* I missed M&S then.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 3:35 pm
Yorkshire meets Vegas

Pretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone knows my problems with Canadian bra purchasing, so I'm not really going to go there

I'd totally stock up on Scrundies, especially if you're not an A, B or C cup. I think there's only one place in Toronto that sells reasonably priced bras with larger cup sizes and small back sizes.

A couple of weeks ago I bought 2 bras and matching pants in my size and the bill came to an eye watering $400... Especially so as I know that one of the makes costs 75% less in the UK.

This is a favourite rant of mine, and long may it continue.

What I do is buy masses of the frilly stuff everytime I go back to the UK. I wouldn't touch M & S underwear stuff when I lived in the UK, but these days it's my idea of heaven...

PF- very particular about her smalls... or not so smalls
Old Apr 24th 2008, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

mart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
no you didn't offend at all I became a grannie at 40 and I love it
ah that must be fab, my granny became a granny at 36
Old Apr 24th 2008, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pretty Flowers
Everyone knows my problems with Canadian bra purchasing, so I'm not really going to go there

I'd totally stock up on Scrundies, especially if you're not an A, B or C cup. I think there's only one place in Toronto that sells reasonably priced bras with larger cup sizes and small back sizes.

A couple of weeks ago I bought 2 bras and matching pants in my size and the bill came to an eye watering $400... Especially so as I know that one of the makes costs 75% less in the UK.

This is a favourite rant of mine, and long may it continue.

What I do is buy masses of the frilly stuff everytime I go back to the UK. I wouldn't touch M & S underwear stuff when I lived in the UK, but these days it's my idea of heaven...

PF- very particular about her smalls... or not so smalls
thats me stuffed then,
i amm very particular about my bras
Old Apr 24th 2008, 5:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Doomed to be stuck in the West Midlands forever!!!!
Twink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mart2612
thats me stuffed then,
i amm very particular about my bras
And me!!!! I had better stock up at La Senza and Beatties then, much to my husbands annoyance
Old Apr 24th 2008, 5:59 pm
Moved from Chester UK

IckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really nice

I have been stocking up on my bras, have bought about 7 in the last couple of months. Still need to get a couple of strapless ones, but then they are always a pain to get as they aren't designed to be comfy.

I have been shopping in Calgary a couple of times and did get some reasonably priced stuff from Winners and Le Chateau but most of the other shops seemed expensive. I though perhaps I just didn't know where to look.

I'm definitely thinking I need to go shopping in the end of summer sales and the January sales.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to all

Ok then ladies, here`s a new question:

If we have stocked up on undies, woolly jumpers and thongs, how much do we have to dish out for things like nail extensions a decent cut & blow dry and/or colour on our hair?
What about the trips to the beauty salon for eye brow tints, leg/bikini line waxing!

If its costing loads for the undies and clothing i dread to think how much the above mentioned will cost

Could permanent hair removal be the answer????

Sue x
Old Apr 24th 2008, 6:17 pm
No really, it doesn't

jimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Twink001
nail extensions a decent cut & blow dry and/or colour on our hair?
What about the trips to the beauty salon for eye brow tints, leg/bikini line waxing!
shush will you............I've told my wife that nothing like this exists in Canada...the women are far too sensible.....and thats why I want to go there.........
Old Apr 24th 2008, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jimmydean
shush will you............I've told my wife that nothing like this exists in Canada...the women are far too sensible.....and thats why I want to go there.........
:

I just cannot stop laughing! have you got your other half tied to the kitchen sink then?

Sue
Old Apr 24th 2008, 6:40 pm
No really, it doesn't

jimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Twink001
:

I just cannot stop laughing! have you got your other half tied to the kitchen sink then?

Sue
lol.....hardly....no being serious I think she would be very happy with the idea that there was somewhere on earth that didn't do nail extensions, eye brow tints, manicures etc .................. but you are killing my dream...............
Old Apr 24th 2008, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jimmydean
lol.....hardly....no being serious I think she would be very happy with the idea that there was somewhere on earth that didn't do nail extensions, eye brow tints, manicures etc .................. but you are killing my dream...............
NO...NO.....NO.... your killing my dream!

A girl has to have some treats you know.

Sue
Old Apr 24th 2008, 6:56 pm
riding the saltchuck

Edna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday I was dragged kicking and screaming into Walmart and was unable to find one single skirt in the "fashion" department You can however get jeans in just about any length from buttock clinging shorts to ones that drag the floor.
It's quite amusing in the summertime to see middle aged women wearing the kind of shorts that only look good on skinny fourteen year old girls

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.