Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Buy! Buy! Buy!

Buy! Buy! Buy!

Old Oct 12th 2008, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

SAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buy! Buy! Buy!

This guys a twat of the highest accord. Im disappointed in myself and pissed at others for wasting time trying to converse with this moron. He has the credibility of a turd and I will do everything in my power to warn others not to have anything to do with him.

Originally Posted by mik_n_ash
It's 109.9 in HRM.
so as of 10th oct
54.2072 GBP

wrong again... you're not very good at this.
Old Oct 12th 2008, 3:09 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ontheboatout
If you in the UK, USA or elsewhere, are lucky enough to have sold your house, have the cash and plan to buy in Canada get ready to buy some dolars in the next few weeks....if you are in New Brainswick that's your own fault.
New Brainswick great comeback Krusty.
Old Oct 12th 2008, 3:32 pm
C'mon already

kazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SAW 04
This guys a twat of the highest accord. Im disappointed in myself and pissed at others for wasting time trying to converse with this moron. He has the credibility of a turd and I will do everything in my power to warn others not to have anything to do with him.
(Snorts with laughter!), say what you feel, don't keep it in, it's bad for you! LOL. Little un keep you awake last night? How are you over there in GORGEOUS Fall River? Sa hi to Tuppence from us lot back here in the UK and give little, beautiful girl a big kiss.

Karen
Old Oct 12th 2008, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

deanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nice

Originally Posted by SAW 04
Who is a twat???

the guy you quoted in your post or the thread starter??
Old Oct 12th 2008, 3:41 pm
Banned

stanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mik_n_ash
Do yourself a favour and look at some websites such as housepricecrash.co.uk (but ignore the tin foil hat brigade on there) and try to educate yourself in the current economic climate... putting money into property pretty much anywhere should be the last thing that most sensible people would want to do! (unless your paying in cash)

And there you said the magical word CASH

Pay cash and sit and wait, the market will return,and your money is still there. Not down the drain to fund U.S.A. problem.
Old Oct 12th 2008, 3:47 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dexdaw
I thought Realtors were governed by some sort of rules whereby they had to be honest and representative.
Where on earth did you read such nonsense. They exist purely to fill their own wallets at every opportunity regardless of cause or reason.
Old Oct 12th 2008, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

SAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond repute

My apologies, I should have been clearer. I meant the moron that started the thread.

Originally Posted by deanjp32
Who is a twat???

the guy you quoted in your post or the thread starter??
Old Oct 12th 2008, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi

No, all is wonderful in the nirvana that is Fall River. Little one sleeping through the night so my comments about ONTB are made with a clear head.

I will pass on your regards to Tuppence. Happy Thanksgiving

SAW

Originally Posted by kazbob
(Snorts with laughter!), say what you feel, don't keep it in, it's bad for you! LOL. Little un keep you awake last night? How are you over there in GORGEOUS Fall River? Sa hi to Tuppence from us lot back here in the UK and give little, beautiful girl a big kiss.

Karen
Old Oct 12th 2008, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

dexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Where on earth did you read such nonsense. They exist purely to fill their own wallets at every opportunity regardless of cause or reason.
Ah, ok.
So I shouldnt use ontheboat as my realtor then? lol
Old Oct 12th 2008, 6:19 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dexdaw
Ah, ok.
So I shouldnt use ontheboat as my realtor then? lol
In case you weren't already aware (and also as a warning to anyone else reading this) Ontheboatout is indeed a nutter of the highest order. He spent some time on this forum a while back trying to persuade everyone to move to the north shore by painting a romantic fantasy-land picture of what is really a quaint but economically depressed region. He vehemently denied that he had any vested interest in the real estate market there.

He spent quite some time trying to persuade everyone to come to Nova Scotia under the Community Identified Stream, telling them that they would have to buy a house here and live off their savings for a year or so whilst they applied and then they would be sure to get visas at the end of it. What he was proposing sounded appealing to some because it bypasses the hurdle of having to get a job offer but for many people it was an extremely dangerous strategy that was likely to exhaust their hard-earned savings with really no guarantee at the end of it. Owning property is definitely not one of the eligibility criteria for the Community Identified Stream.

A few months later he announced he had qualified as a realtor. In a thread around that time he (I searched but I couldnt find it - I think it was titled "North Shore's Newest Realtor" or similar) he had offended so many people and had talked such ridiculous nonsense he was more or less laughed off the forum. He still seems to pop up every now and again with little pearls of wisdom like the predictions about property prices, exchange rates etc above. But I can tell you that nostradamus he aint! Looking through some of the posts in this thread I found myself wondering if he was on drugs.

Anyway, I dont wish to be unkind and this forum is great for its entertainment value as much as it is for information but the ravings of an idiot when dressed-up as professional advise can be a very dangerous thing indeed. So I thought I would post this just in case there is anyone reading this thread who is new and was actually taking him seriously.

Last edited by Paul Wildy; Oct 12th 2008 at 6:21 pm.
Old Oct 12th 2008, 6:22 pm
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by NSpaul
In case you weren't already aware (and also as a warning to anyone else reading this) Ontheboatout is indeed a nutter of the highest order. He spent some time on this forum a while back trying to persuade everyone to move to the north shore by painting a romantic fantasy-land picture of what is really a quaint but economically depressed region. He vehemently denied that he had any vested interest in the real estate market there.

He spent quite some time trying to persuade everyone to come to Nova Scotia under the Community Identified Stream, telling them that they would have to buy a house here and live off their savings for a year or so whilst they applied and then they would be sure to get visas at the end of it. What he was proposing sounded appealing to some because it bypasses the hurdle of having to get a job offer but for many people it was an extremely dangerous strategy that was likely to exhaust their hard-earned savings with really no guarantee at the end of it. Owning property is definitely not one of the eligibility criteria for the Community Identified Stream.

A few months later he announced he had qualified as a realtor. In a thread around that time he (I searched but I couldnt find it - I think it was titled "North Shore's Newest Realtor" or similar) but having offended so many people and talked such ridiculous nonsense he was basically laughed off the forum. He still seems to pop up every now and again with little pearls of wisdom like the predictions about property prices, exchange rates etc above. But I can tell you that nostradamus he aint! Looking through some of the posts in this thread I found myself wondering if he was on drugs.

Anyway, I dont wish to be unkind and this forum is great for its entertainment value as much as it is for information but the ravings of an idiot when dressed-up as professional advise can be a very dangerous thing indeed. So I thought I would post this just in case there is anyone reading this thread who is new and was actually taking him seriously.

Are we to take it he is not on your christmas card list then.
Old Oct 12th 2008, 6:31 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mclauchlan35
Are we to take it he is not on your christmas card list then.
Oh, dont get me wrong, I dont have anything against nutters. My mother-in-law for instance is also (to borrow a phrase I heard from a friend recently) in "a happy place". But when you meet her and she starts giving you advice you know straight away not to take her seriously. Its obvious that you are just supposed to smile politely and agree. But the internet can be dangerous - you never really know what kind of person is typing advice to you from a distant location through a discussion forum and without meeting them face-to-face there is always the danger that they seem believable.
Old Oct 12th 2008, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

deanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nice

Although i totally agree with what you are saying i feel i need to point out that although it's not a requirement of the CI scheme that you buy a property it may be a requirement of the RDA that you go through to get the letter of identification. 1 such RDA is Creda. They want to see a commitment from you and what better way to commit to a community!!! I know this because we were nominated by them but ended up living in Colchester County so we went with Corda who dont need you to buy a property.

Another point to make is that although the North Shore is not Halifax/Bedford etc and may not be financially as strong there are a lot a small businesses up here that make a living. the North Shore is a thriving community when you get to know it a little better and most people are able to turn a hand to almost anything.

Old Oct 12th 2008, 6:39 pm
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NSpaul

A few months later he announced he had qualified as a realtor. In a thread around that time he (I searched but I couldnt find it - I think it was titled "North Shore's Newest Realtor" or similar) he had offended so many people and had talked such ridiculous nonsense he was more or less laughed off the forum. He still seems to pop up every now and again with little pearls of wisdom like the predictions about property prices, exchange rates etc above. But I can tell you that nostradamus he aint! Looking through some of the posts in this thread I found myself wondering if he was on drugs.

Mate, while your intentions are honourable, I think an order for calm is needed.

I for one think that OTBO is great.

At least 50% of what he states is tongue in cheek, however it seems people on here take him too seriously on occasion.

As far as warning any newbies, surely most people with some common sense are not going to take the words from an internet forum as the basis for any life changing decision and surely that must include your warning of insanity.

Research is the key!
Old Oct 12th 2008, 6:55 pm
Immigration Consultant

Originally Posted by deanjp32
Although i totally agree with what you are saying i feel i need to point out that although it's not a requirement of the CI scheme that you buy a property it may be a requirement of the RDA that you go through to get the letter of identification. 1 such RDA is Creda. They want to see a commitment from you and what better way to commit to a community!!! I know this because we were nominated by them but ended up living in Colchester County so we went with Corda who dont need you to buy a property.

Another point to make is that although the North Shore is not Halifax/Bedford etc and may not be financially as strong there are a lot a small businesses up here that make a living. the North Shore is a thriving community when you get to know it a little better and most people are able to turn a hand to almost anything.

Please dont think I have anything against the North Shore - I think its a wonderful area and people are extremely friendly. But the reality is job opportunities are fairly thin on the ground. So to advocate a strategy of buying a house in an area (where it can take a long time to sell that house if things dont work out - and I mean potentially years rather than months) and live there whilst working through your savings (or equity from your house sale in the UK) while waiting for your PR visa to come through only to discover there are no jobs to be had at the end of it is irresponsible and thats the part I take issue with, not the North Shore generally.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.