Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Buy! Buy! Buy!

Buy! Buy! Buy!

Old Oct 25th 2008, 1:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Ontheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud of
Default Re: Buy! Buy! Buy!

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Indeed. It's the North Shore Syndrome, innit?
Beautiful sunshine today - we were on the beach; we have yet to have a frost - the Geraniums and Dahlias are still in flower - Jost Vineyards have just harvested their grapes - North Shore Syndrome is very nice thank you.

New Glasgow, Pictou and environs have the best restaurants on the North Shore. NG has the feel of Richmond-upon-Thames with a river about the same size running through it. It is a town of great future potential with it's coasts, Pictou Landing, Little Harbour and Kings Head attracting big spenders.

I know the owners of the River John house. They owned an Art Store in Tatamagouche and are moving to Halifax as X is an actor and is the baddie in the latest Tom Selleck movie. They bought the house because it is full of original architecture and were in the process of renovating.

Oh, I see the GBP's plummetted to 2.03 higher at the moment than the monthly averages back to October 2007.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 2:02 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ontheboatout
New Glasgow, Pictou and environs have the best restaurants on the North Shore.

Isn't "New Glasgow, Pictou and environs" the definition of the North Shore?
Old Oct 25th 2008, 6:45 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, I see the GBP's plummetted to 2.03 higher at the moment than the monthly averages back to October 2007.
Why would you compare daily rates to monthly averages?

The exchange was 2.06 on Oct. 18th 2008, 2.05 on August 8th, 2.04 on July 28th, March 20th, 25th, 26th & 27th. Hard to see the evidence for 2.27 within two weeks.

Actually, the pound to C$ rate is pretty random in the first place, given the negligible mutual dependency of the two economies. It's the US$ which is making a move against everything except the yen at the moment. Don't ask me why though, I suppose cneldred might know, (or think he does).
Old Oct 25th 2008, 4:13 pm
throw caution to the wind

louise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful sunshine today - we were on the beach; we have yet to have a frost - the Geraniums and Dahlias are still in flower - Jost Vineyards have just harvested their grapes - North Shore Syndrome is very nice thank you.

New Glasgow, Pictou and environs have the best restaurants on the North Shore. NG has the feel of Richmond-upon-Thames with a river about the same size running through it. It is a town of great future potential with it's coasts, Pictou Landing, Little Harbour and Kings Head attracting big spenders.

I know the owners of the River John house. They owned an Art Store in Tatamagouche and are moving to Halifax as X is an actor and is the baddie in the latest Tom Selleck movie. They bought the house because it is full of original architecture and were in the process of renovating.

Not quite the 2.27 that you predicted then
Old Oct 25th 2008, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

dexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud of

are you ever wrong?
Old Oct 25th 2008, 10:52 pm
Dismember

scrubbedexpat074 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dexdaw
are you ever wrong?
Comparing New Glasgow with Richmond-upon-Thames is just about the most wrong you can get I think...
Old Oct 27th 2008, 3:45 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

GBP cheque rate is around $1.95 this morning!
Old Oct 27th 2008, 4:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

ray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond repute

You insult and mislead so many people by calling this area economically depressed - you must be from Fool River.

In six months I have $30m plus inventory, mostly wig-wams and out-houses as we can't afford houses up here, more listings than many brokerages. It depends how you measure success - someone from Calgary sent me flowers for taking the time to do some viewings - that's success to me.

Thanks for feeling for me, I feel for you too, let's get married.

You have $30m + inventory in Six months - sorry thats a little hard to believe for a new agent ..that would equate to commission income potential of over $600k even at 2% of listing which would make you one of the top individual agents in the GTA if you were doing business here. Can you prove it by providing MLS numbers so we can see your listings - might even generate a buyer for you
Old Oct 27th 2008, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ontheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ziggy8080
Comparing New Glasgow with Richmond-upon-Thames is just about the most wrong you can get I think...
Take a look:
Attached Thumbnails Buy! Buy! Buy!-new-glasgow-2.jpg  
Old Oct 27th 2008, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Aviator
GBP cheque rate is around $1.95 this morning!
Excnange rate over 2.00 again,
Old Oct 27th 2008, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ray1968
You have $30m + inventory in Six months - sorry thats a little hard to believe for a new agent ..that would equate to commission income potential of over $600k even at 2% of listing which would make you one of the top individual agents in the GTA if you were doing business here. Can you prove it by providing MLS numbers so we can see your listings - might even generate a buyer for you
Send me a pm and I'll send you the link - I'm not allowed to advertise. Another 2m of listings yesterday - should be posted by 5th Nov on MLS.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

G586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond repute

Send me a pm and I'll send you the link - I'm not allowed to advertise. Another 2m of listings yesterday - should be posted by 5th Nov on MLS.
How about a list of completed sales?

Every post of yours is advertising......it doesn't work though as you come across as an untrustworthy <<insert word of choice>>.....
Old Oct 27th 2008, 5:29 pm
Dismember

scrubbedexpat074 is an unknown quantity at this point

Take a look:
I don't need to take a look, I've been there, and granted it's got a wide river and that's where the comparison ends.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 5:33 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by G586
How about a list of completed sales?

Every post of yours is advertising......it doesn't work though as you come across as an untrustworthy <<insert word of choice>>.....
How come his website gives prices in C$, US$ and £?

Why, I wonder, would a Canadian realtor advertise prices in pounds?
Old Oct 27th 2008, 5:34 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Excnange rate over 2.00 again,
Still a far cry from $2.27. Also depends what market you look at. The cheque rate (what you get) and the interbank rate are totally different. Right now (10.30) you'd be hard pressed to get more than $1.98.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.