Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Burlington, Ontario information please

Burlington, Ontario information please

Old Feb 5th 2009, 2:30 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Burlington, Ontario information please

Originally Posted by tioram
Toronto has a stunning skyline and I think it's very beautiful.
Not often you see Toronto and beautiful in the same sentence, what then do you think of the skyline of New York?
Old Feb 5th 2009, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

tioram is just really nicetioram is just really nicetioram is just really nicetioram is just really nicetioram is just really nicetioram is just really nicetioram is just really nicetioram is just really nicetioram is just really nicetioram is just really nicetioram is just really nice

Originally Posted by dbd33
Not often you see Toronto and beautiful in the same sentence, what then do you think of the skyline of New York?
Also very impressive
Old Feb 5th 2009, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

tioram is just really nicetioram is just really nicetioram is just really nicetioram is just really nicetioram is just really nicetioram is just really nicetioram is just really nicetioram is just really nicetioram is just really nicetioram is just really nicetioram is just really nice

Toronto has a stunning skyline and I think it's very beautiful.
Here's an example. I'd call that splendid.
Attached Thumbnails Burlington, Ontario information please-n742274523_252375_8460.jpg  
Old Feb 5th 2009, 2:35 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Well technically, aren't the great pyramids just big mounds of sand? Just because something is modern and man-made doesn't take away from it's beauty. Toronto has a stunning skyline and I think it's very beautiful.
Technically, no. They're big chunks of rock.

The Toronto skyline involves some big things. They are very similar to big things that can be viewed in many other cities and in greater concentration.

It may be mildly impressive but it isn't splendid (the latter I define as making you stand there with your mouth open).
Old Feb 5th 2009, 2:37 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Technically, no. They're big chunks of rock.

The Toronto skyline involves some big things. They are very similar to big things that can be viewed in many other cities and in greater concentration.

It may be mildly impressive but it isn't splendid (the latter I define as making you stand there with your mouth open).
Having seen both, I agree with the "mouth open" quote.
Old Feb 5th 2009, 2:47 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Here's an example. I'd call that splendid.
I'd call that Anywhere America. However, if you pan right from there, past the sewage outlet marker buoy, you get to the art deco water treatment plant. The inside of that must once have been quite splendid.