Wikiposts

Bugs

Old Aug 2nd 2010, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Chookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bugs

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
Here's part of mthe answer to the mosquito biting problem. Don't drink alcohol or beer. It must be correct as part of the study was done in UK.

http://www.healthzone.ca/health/news...-how-you-smell
It also says there seems to be a genetic link as well... ie if you are less attractive to mozzies, your kids will be less attractive as well.

That would explain why my kids also get bitten a lot - and they don't drink alcohol and are not pregnant... Both Mr Chookie and I seem to be prone to be bitten as are the kids.

The last part of the article was interesting too - that most of the time, people are being bitten, but they don't notice it because they are not showing an allergic reaction to the bites - I am allergic to the bites and swell up hugely whenever I get bitten... so I notice every single bite.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 2:45 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

As a kid my family used to fight to sit next to me, not because I was the favourite - oh no - but because I would get bitten and they wouldn't, I still get bitten lots, despite covering myself with spray, I also come up in big splotchy lumps. The other day the only place I hadn't put repellent on was my face and I had to constantly swipe at my face and under my specs to keep the buggers away, they still got me on my nose, throat and forehead - so attractive
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 7:17 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Black fly have appeared in England. Was back for BBQ in S London last month and we were eaten alive. I dont usually get bitten by mozzies but these lil black fly were awful. Two people at the party had to go to the doctor cos of the bites. Antihistamines are the best for stopping the itches btw.
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 2:07 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

According to my Dad - whom I have just recieved an e-mail from, MARMITE is your answer, for some reason, he reckons, the mossies don't like it - I'm off to get some, luckily I like the stuff
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 2:10 am
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
According to my Dad - whom I have just recieved an e-mail from, MARMITE is your answer, for some reason, he reckons, the mossies don't like it - I'm off to get some, luckily I like the stuff
Do you smear it on or eat it ?
Personally I still prefer bacon fat and eucalyptus oil.
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by Simon Legree
Do you smear it on or eat it ?
Personally I still prefer bacon fat and eucalyptus oil.
I presume you eat it - I'll have to check

When I read it in the e-mail I must admit I laughed