Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

BSF186 - Goods to Follow

BSF186 - Goods to Follow

Old May 27th 2019, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Caro90 has a reputation beyond reputeCaro90 has a reputation beyond reputeCaro90 has a reputation beyond reputeCaro90 has a reputation beyond reputeCaro90 has a reputation beyond reputeCaro90 has a reputation beyond reputeCaro90 has a reputation beyond reputeCaro90 has a reputation beyond reputeCaro90 has a reputation beyond reputeCaro90 has a reputation beyond reputeCaro90 has a reputation beyond repute
Default BSF186 - Goods to Follow

I have a question about the goods to follow list...

Last week we had a removal firm round who packed up most of our stuff and put it onto a container.

They made a list of everything they've packed. Is that list good enough for a goods to follow list as long as we put the value after each item? Or do we need to transfer everything into the BSF186 document?

Thank you so much!
Old May 27th 2019, 10:21 pm
Moving to Mississauga!

ScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BSF186 - Goods to Follow

I totally forgot to do it. They didn’t accept the removals company form as you need to have rough values in Canadian dollars for the items, which mine didn’t.

So I hand wrote a simple list of roughly what was coming with a value next to that and they accepted it at customs - they dealt with the BSF186 form and I just had to sign it.
Old May 27th 2019, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Caro90 View Post
I have a question about the goods to follow list...

Last week we had a removal firm round who packed up most of our stuff and put it onto a container.

They made a list of everything they've packed. Is that list good enough for a goods to follow list as long as we put the value after each item? Or do we need to transfer everything into the BSF186 document?

Thank you so much!
Have you read the wiki on this, it answers all your questions.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Goods_To_Follow-Canada
Old May 28th 2019, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Caro90 has a reputation beyond reputeCaro90 has a reputation beyond reputeCaro90 has a reputation beyond reputeCaro90 has a reputation beyond reputeCaro90 has a reputation beyond reputeCaro90 has a reputation beyond reputeCaro90 has a reputation beyond reputeCaro90 has a reputation beyond reputeCaro90 has a reputation beyond reputeCaro90 has a reputation beyond reputeCaro90 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick View Post
Have you read the wiki on this, it answers all your questions.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Goods_To_Follow-Canada
Thank you, I saw an article but not this specific one. Very helpful.