Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

British TV in Canada

British TV in Canada

Old Mar 1st 2010, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

Kirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant futureKirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant futureKirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant futureKirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant futureKirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant futureKirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant future
Default Re: British TV in Canada

These threads are stupid why after moving to canada with all the things to do here would people keep going on about how to get uk tv? its the last thing on my mind. Canadian tv is not that good but uk tv is is worse
Old Mar 1st 2010, 2:48 am
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kirsty John and Dominic
These threads are stupid why after moving to canada with all the things to do here would people keep going on about how to get uk tv? its the last thing on my mind. Canadian tv is not that good but uk tv is is worse
Enlighten us - what do you do when it's dark out and frickin freezing?

Last edited by G77; Mar 1st 2010 at 2:53 am.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

Kirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant futureKirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant futureKirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant futureKirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant futureKirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant futureKirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant future

Normally play my drums or watch blu rays.but i can make do with canadian tv really though why go to the trouble of getting uk tv? What shows are that important?
Old Mar 1st 2010, 5:26 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the general concensus is that Canadian tv needs a lot to be desired. I personally will miss my soaps, programmes like Silent Witness, The mentalist and X-factor, Strictly and Dancing on Ice. My husband also likes to watch Scottish football. Its not a case of importance, more one of choice.
Thats all. We have DVD's but there are only so many times you can watch a particular film.
I am not happy to 'make do' with Canadian tv, when there are choices, and it would be my choice what I want to watch and when.
Stef

Normally play my drums or watch blu rays.but i can make do with canadian tv really though why go to the trouble of getting uk tv? What shows are that important?
Old Mar 1st 2010, 5:27 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Well said
Stef

Originally Posted by G77
Old Mar 1st 2010, 5:31 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

I love it when people use the word 'stupid' in a post containing grammar like that!

A point well made, but probably not the one you intended.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 7:26 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Canadian tv is not that good but uk tv is is worse
are you on drugs?
Old Mar 1st 2010, 8:21 am
BE gremlin

T-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of light

Doctor Who
Excellent Formula 1 coverage
nuff said.........
Old Mar 1st 2010, 3:39 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lins and Stef McLachlan
Hi
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the general concensus is that Canadian tv needs a lot to be desired. I personally will miss my soaps, programmes like Silent Witness, The mentalist and X-factor, Strictly and Dancing on Ice. My husband also likes to watch Scottish football. Its not a case of importance, more one of choice.
Thats all. We have DVD's but there are only so many times you can watch a particular film.
I am not happy to 'make do' with Canadian tv, when there are choices, and it would be my choice what I want to watch and when.
Stef
OK so we were watching Silent Witness last night (it was old but it was on). Is the mentalist not a US show - it's on here too. There is X-factor things and Dance shows and Dancing on Ice, Eastenders is on, just a little behind and so is Corrie. There are some very good shows here, it's the programming that's the problem, all the repeats drive you insane. I would advise not worrying too much about the telly but I would think about one of those DVR thingumebobs, we are thinking about getting one.

The only thing is the footy - we're not into sports tv so you may want to check out those options.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 3:39 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by T-Pot
Doctor Who
Excellent Formula 1 coverage
nuff said.........
Dr Who is screened here?????
Old Mar 1st 2010, 3:49 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G77
I agree with KJ & D's sentiment. Dark and cold nights don't mean the default way to spend time should be in front of the TV. Doesn't anyone read or have hobbies anymore, or do those activities take too much effort and imagination?
Old Mar 1st 2010, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

wlaw2003 will become famous soon enough

If you really want live UK TV there's tvcatchup.com . They currently have 40 UK channels and also provide PS3 support. As mentioned before, you'll need a VPN service to watch live UK TV over the Net.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 6:51 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by R I C H
I agree with KJ & D's sentiment. Dark and cold nights don't mean the default way to spend time should be in front of the TV. Doesn't anyone read or have hobbies anymore, or do those activities take too much effort and imagination?
And no-one was suggesting that watching British TV was their only diversion. It's obvious to anyone with half a brain that watching TV from back home now and again is a good, quick and healthy way to feel connected and a good pick-me-up for a maybe-sometimes-homesick expat.

No-one said it had to be to the exclusion of all else and that is why KJ&D came across as sounding like a prat.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 7:16 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
And no-one was suggesting that watching British TV was their only diversion. It's obvious to anyone with half a brain that watching TV from back home now and again is a good, quick and healthy way to feel connected and a good pick-me-up for a maybe-sometimes-homesick expat.

No-one said it had to be to the exclusion of all else and that is why KJ&D came across as sounding like a prat.
I didn't mention British TV, but was referring to TV in general.

I must have half a brain, as needing to feel connected with somewhere via soap operas and sitcoms doesn't really figure in my home entertainment schedule. Perhaps continuing to require and seek that connection is a reason why homesickness doesn't reduce?

KJ&D is a prat for wondering why British TV is so apparently sought after from some ex-pats? Indeed, I don't think their post mentioned anything about TV being a pastime to the exclusion of anything else.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 7:20 pm
Septic Sprout

Originally Posted by R I C H
I didn't mention British TV, but was referring to TV in general.

I must have half a brain, as needing to feel connected with somewhere via soap operas and sitcoms doesn't really figure in my home entertainment schedule. Perhaps continuing to require and seek that connection is a reason why homesickness doesn't reduce?

KJ&D is a prat for wondering why British TV is so apparently sought after from some ex-pats? Indeed, I don't think their post mentioned anything about TV being a pastime to the exclusion of anything else.
Their most-eloquently put point seemed to say that they found these threads "stupid".

Why is it stupid for an expat to ask how they can watch British TV while abroad?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.