Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

British TV for all!

British TV for all!

Old Dec 17th 2008, 7:27 am
Just counting the days...

marcustandy has a spectacular aura aboutmarcustandy has a spectacular aura aboutmarcustandy has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: British TV for all!

Originally Posted by ScotsAhoy
The link gives me a blank page. Does it still work for others?
Old Dec 17th 2008, 12:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marcustandy
The link gives me a blank page. Does it still work for others?
No, and I couldn't find the cache of it on google either...

But how's Pilar?
Old Dec 17th 2008, 1:01 pm

marcustandy has a spectacular aura aboutmarcustandy has a spectacular aura aboutmarcustandy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
But how's Pilar?
Aha! Took me a minute

Username comes from a different origin but most people think like you do.

As for Pilar, she was lookin' good last time I saw her!!
Old Dec 17th 2008, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

lilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant future

Hi, Just wanted to add..

I download from Uknova and had been using rewritable discs, this was fine but a bit time consuming and they did get scratched easily . However have just brought a dvd player from walmart that plays USB's

I drop and drag the programmes over in seconds (no transcoding needed) and can watch them instantly..Very pleased with this purchase as it also plays all + and - DVD's and pal and ntsc.

It was $27 and worth every penny.

Sorry if this is old news to some whizztechs but I am bit of a amateur at all this
Old Dec 17th 2008, 4:27 pm

Excellent bit of info!

Can you post the make/model of the DVD player you bought?

What 'format' (or file extension) are the downloaded video's in?
Old Dec 17th 2008, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

lilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant future

It is a Daenyx 3111B

I tried to send a link via the Walmart website but I can't find it listed.

It plays as mp4 and nothing I have downloaded so far has needed converting.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 5:55 pm
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute

I got a Phillips DVD player from Walmart for $49 that plays DIVX. Much quicker to write the DVD's and you can get 2 or 3 full length movies on one disc. It takes 3 minutes to burn an episode of Top Gear or MOTD. The DVD player is also multi region and up converts to HD
Old Dec 17th 2008, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by Brownstar
Much quicker to write the DVD's and you can get 2 or 3 full length movies on one disc.
Surely it can't be quicker that 'drag & drop' to a USB stick? As for size, USB sticks are available at much bigger capacity that a DVD nowadays!!
Old Dec 17th 2008, 8:02 pm
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marcustandy
Surely it can't be quicker that 'drag & drop' to a USB stick? As for size, USB sticks are available at much bigger capacity that a DVD nowadays!!
No, using DIVX is much quicker than say Windows DVD Maker. USB's are quite handy, but I prefer to use the DVD's as they are cheaper than a USB. Using DIVX you can fit 6 or 7 hours worth of TV on one DVD
Old Dec 17th 2008, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Different things work for different people.

I think it is great for tv programmes that you dont want to keep and it gives me chance to watch films before wasting a disc if they are not great.

I have a 8GB stick and it fits loads of episodes on it. I am curently watching ice truckers 2, top gear, eastenders and Little Britain USA...

great stuff...Happy days, it is like we never left..
Old Dec 17th 2008, 8:34 pm

So long as the DVD player takes a USB connection, then I've got a Western Digital USB-powered external hard drive that should do the job nicely. It's also quite small and takes almost no space in the laptop case.

Mrs Tandy will probably download/watch her soaps etc and then I'll take the WD 250Gb OTR for my next trip and watch via the laptop.

I understand what you are saying about DivX, speed & size wise - I'll go down the same route but still use either the WD HDD or a USB stick.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 8:48 pm
Banned

I've got an external HDD too that I store everything on
Old Dec 20th 2008, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

OnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to all

I download from UK Nova onto my laptop then just plug my laptop into the TV directly with an S Cable and watch on the TV; I don't need DVDs at all. I tried to use the PS3 to download and just couldn't figure it out.

I struggle with keeping a good score on the torrent site despite downloading soaps to try to maintain my numbers. Any other tips?

Thanks
TG
Old Dec 21st 2008, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

I struggle with uknova as well, my ratio is rarely above 20 although I seed for ages.

I find this site better http://www.thebox.bz/main.php

It can take a while to get registered as they do get full but if you keep checking they do wipe out dormant members frequently. All soaps are "free" but if you seed them back they count for your score so it is easy to stay in credit with them.

Hope this helps
Old Dec 21st 2008, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

kirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to all

i joined UKnova a week ago .. managed to get all but the last episode of top gear before they took off .. but all it took to get my ration up is a couple of episodes of corry ... almost at the magic number of 100 and have downloaded alot of stuff... Just leave my computer on most of the day to give it all back

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.