Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

British police with diabetes in Calgary/Alberta?

British police with diabetes in Calgary/Alberta?

Old Feb 17th 2009, 11:59 am
Just Joined

tilla66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British police with diabetes in Calgary/Alberta?

Hi just wondering if there have been any British policemen and women whom have diabetes and have been recruited into the Calgary /Alberta police forces? Most info says must be medically fit and Diabetes can affect your work but often it also does not. Just trying to assess if its a route to go down or not.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 1:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British police with diabetes in Calgary/Alberta?

Originally Posted by tilla66
Hi just wondering if there have been any British policemen and women whom have diabetes and have been recruited into the Calgary /Alberta police forces? Most info says must be medically fit and Diabetes can affect your work but often it also does not. Just trying to assess if its a route to go down or not.
I looked into this once and I was told by CPS that the answer would be no. I am Type I. The level of my control was irrelevant. I would imagine that, if one was already in the CPS at the time the diabetes was first diagnosed, then they would move one to "non-operational" duties. But they told me that I had no chance of being recruited, no matter how fit I otherwise was.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

tilla66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British police with diabetes in Calgary/Alberta?

suspected as much. Thanks for your reply. looks as though another route is in order.