Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

British passport renewal via Washington, USA

British passport renewal via Washington, USA

Old Mar 12th 2009, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

bombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of light
Default British passport renewal via Washington, USA

Just wondered if anyone has renewed their/or kids passports under the new scheme (sending forms etc to Washington) I sent all my stuff off just over 3 weeks ago, to renew both my daughter's passports.

The web site states a 10 day turn around but as yet has I have heard nothing! I know the forms got to the States (via tracking no.) but obviously I am a little concerned now.

Thanks
Old May 1st 2009, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

Mundo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British passport renewal via Washington, USA

Hi Bombards,

Just wondered if you finally received your renewed passport? I'm in the same situation having sent it three weeks ago but not had anything returned.

If you received it, how long did it take?

Thank You.
Old May 3rd 2009, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

kazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nice

I sent mine on 2nd April, they received it on 16th April and they still haven't taken any money for the process so goodness know's when it will turn up, so much for 10 day turnaround!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 3rd 2009, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

misplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond repute

Ours was sent about 3 weeks ago too - visa has been deducted now and so we are awaiting the return!
Will keep you posted.
Old May 3rd 2009, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

kazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nice

Interesting to know it's not just me, will let you know when mine arrives.
Old May 4th 2009, 4:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Sam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud of

It took 3 months for our friends to get their daughters passport back.
Old May 4th 2009, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

dannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to all

I sent mine off just about 1 month ago, after 3 weeks they took the money from my credit card (cant believe how expensive it was!) so I hope to get it back soon but so far, nothing.
Old May 4th 2009, 9:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kazchug
I sent mine on 2nd April, they received it on 16th April and they still haven't taken any money for the process so goodness know's when it will turn up, so much for 10 day turnaround!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I sent daughter's off on 9th April - same here, they've not taken the funds - no sign of it yet
Old May 4th 2009, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

dannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ann m
I sent daughter's off on 9th April - same here, they've not taken the funds - no sign of it yet
If my timeline is anything to go by, they will take the funds sometime this week. I applied just over a week before you and my fees were taken last Monday.
Old May 4th 2009, 9:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks dannyg
Old May 4th 2009, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold

I didn't have any problems, infact I was amazed. I got mine back with in 7 working days. I actually went to the bank and got a money order in american funds, maybe that helped. Also at the top of the application was a question about date of travel so I said what the heck....I put in a date, and I got it back 2 days before that date. It was delivered by courier! Amazing eh!
Old May 4th 2009, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

mjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Corky
I didn't have any problems, infact I was amazed. I got mine back with in 7 working days. I actually went to the bank and got a money order in american funds, maybe that helped. Also at the top of the application was a question about date of travel so I said what the heck....I put in a date, and I got it back 2 days before that date. It was delivered by courier! Amazing eh!

Same here, Our daughters uk passport needed to be renewed, and we are going to the states in 2 weeks !

From sending off the application to receiving the passport by courier , took around 2 weeks !!! will agree it costs a fair bit ( I suppose they have to pay for the courier somehow )

Again its another one of theses cases where everybody seems to be getting varying levels of service.
Old May 4th 2009, 10:57 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mjwalker007
Again its another one of theses cases where everybody seems to be getting varying levels of service.
Maybe their just having a little backlog because a large percentage have claimed to be a rush job. A British Passport can be renewed early and the time left added to your new Passport. I think it's either 6 or 9 months early?
Old May 8th 2009, 9:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by dannyg1001
If my timeline is anything to go by, they will take the funds sometime this week. I applied just over a week before you and my fees were taken last Monday.
Fees taken from credit card on 6th May. Presumably passport will be sent out shortly.

Just an update on timeline for info of anyone else waiting
Old May 8th 2009, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

TonyD is an unknown quantity at this point

Fees taken from credit card on 6th May. Presumably passport will be sent out shortly.

Just an update on timeline for info of anyone else waiting
Just an FYI - there is a huge delay in processing I learned today from Abtran. Suggest you scan related threads to discover more if you are planning to travel in the next 6+ weeks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.