Reload this Page >

British Month? Hummm?

British Month? Hummm?

Old Feb 25th 2006, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

johnehsmith will become famous soon enough
Default Re: British Month? Hummm?

Originally Posted by tess50
I have been to the British Isle show in Toronto, not worth the entry. Now I know that its been a while since I lived in GB but the food was never like the slop they serve there and have the nerve to call "English Food". Must do wonders for the tourist trade.

Oh how I miss English Bacon.

Cd.
I had some british-ish bacon today.
Buy the Maple Leaf Back Bacon with half a slice of the 'normal' bacon
and hey presto english bacon. Almost.

That find improved my life by 3 %
Old Feb 25th 2006, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

tess50 is an unknown quantity at this point

Only 3%, try having with a Labatts, might try that myself.
Old Feb 26th 2006, 2:13 am
BE Enthusiast

CalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tess50
Only 3%, try having with a Labatts, might try that myself.
Always good to drink "water" with your meal.
Old Feb 26th 2006, 3:19 am
BE Enthusiast

celine_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by britishvixen21
Ok Baby when is the first official 'British' month event??? im on board and I know Celine_uk is!! lets start a revolution here!!!

Im going back in May so il bring back some 'British goodies'

Name a date girlie were all fairly close.

Lets do this!!!

I would also like to add in Honour of ‘British month’ I would like to invite everyone here to the wedding of the year, dbd33 and Souvenir proudly announced this evening that their both divorcing their wives and marrying each other in Toronto city hall this Friday, all is welcome and I’m sure everyone here will help me wish them the very best in their holy misery in Canada since they both love living here so much........ haha

But no seriously babyblue and britishvixen lets meet up and get this started!

Last edited by celine_uk; Feb 26th 2006 at 3:22 am.
Old Feb 26th 2006, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

debiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by celine_uk
Lets do this!!!

I would also like to add in Honour of ‘British month’ I would like to invite everyone here to the wedding of the year, dbd33 and Souvenir proudly announced this evening that their both divorcing their wives and marrying each other in Toronto city hall this Friday, all is welcome and I’m sure everyone here will help me wish them the very best in their holy misery in Canada since they both love living here so much........ haha

Aaahh thats really sweet.Cant make the wedding but dont forget to post a photo of the day.
I think dbd33 is really funny and makes the threads more interesting in his own unique way.
Old Feb 26th 2006, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

JezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really nice

Originally Posted by debiharper
Aaahh thats really sweet.Cant make the wedding but dont forget to post a photo of the day.
I think dbd33 is really funny and makes the threads more interesting in his own unique way.
I can just picture the dog as bridesmaid, but will dbd33 be in white, or Rubber
Old Feb 26th 2006, 3:48 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by celine_uk
Lets do this!!!

I can't have a gay wedding to Souvenir as I am betrothed to a lesbian. Besides, after three years of earnest effort and fifty thousand dollars in fees I'm nowhere near getting divorced. People here complain that Canadian immigration is a slow process, little do they know how slowly everything else moves here!
Old Feb 26th 2006, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

rgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ray1968
Actually to be more precise I think the English clebrate their culture less so then Scots / Irish and possibly even the Welsh.
I would agree with this. I am very proud to be welsh. Having lived in England for the last 6 years I agree that the English are not so proud of being English. If I wasn't looking at moving to Canada I would almost certainly be looking at moving back to Wales as I miss being surrounded my fellow welsh people.
Old Feb 26th 2006, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

Marathon Wreck is just really niceMarathon Wreck is just really niceMarathon Wreck is just really niceMarathon Wreck is just really niceMarathon Wreck is just really niceMarathon Wreck is just really niceMarathon Wreck is just really niceMarathon Wreck is just really niceMarathon Wreck is just really nice

Originally Posted by babyblue
I am shocked at how negative some of these post seem to be. Is nobody proud of the British heritage?

The British isles show is on for 3 days and not many people really know about it. I always try and spread the word.

Is Britain not good for anything?

Well i am still proud to be British. Even if nobody else shares my enthusiasm.
Hi babyblue!
Of course it is !
How could they forget !!???? Roadrage !!!
I believe one or two members of this forum were all for introducing canada to the joys of it!!! :scared:
Old Feb 27th 2006, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light

Hi guys!

i was away this weekend so i never got a chance to catch up on the reading here.
I was wondering if anyone from here is going to the british isles show in toronto this weekend?
maybe it could be a great chance for some of us to actually meet up?
A chance to stock up on choccy!

http://www.britishislesshowcanada.com/
Old Feb 27th 2006, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

neill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond repute

How about an organised traffic jam, around a car park, play musical chairs with the 10 available parking spaces....add some gatso speed camera races, see who can flash up the greatest speed.

Originally Posted by dbd33
I'm a British subject, not proud of it, while I carry the burden of shame.

Nonetheless we'll go to the British Isles Show and wallow in the tackiness of it all.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 5:26 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neill
How about an organised traffic jam, around a car park, play musical chairs with the 10 available parking spaces....add some gatso speed camera races, see who can flash up the greatest speed.
Sounds fun, we have those races on the highway ramps here. Alas my other half has turned into a wetback so now she's working the weekend and I'm babysitting.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

Sent u a PM baby regarding the weekend