British Month? Hummm?

Wikiposts

British Month? Hummm?

Old Feb 24th 2006, 12:59 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British Month? Hummm?

Originally Posted by babyblue
I am shocked at how negative some of these post seem to be. Is nobody proud of the British heritage?

The British isles show is on for 3 days and not many people really know about it. I always try and spread the word.

Is Britain not good for anything?

Well i am still proud to be British. Even if nobody else shares my

enthusiasm.

lol of course i'm proud to be british....no reason not to be...all the probs that goes on there goes on everywhere else, no difference....that's the brits for you...never satisfied unless moaning...lol hey i'd never heard about this british month wish they had that in the uk...maybe they do and i've missed it...so unpatriotic we are one disappointing side to this be forum is that most seem to like to bash the uk, every week there's another negative thread about knocking the uk... so
Old Feb 24th 2006, 1:19 am
NoreenC

I am shocked at how negative some of these post seem to be. Is nobody proud of the British heritage?

The British isles show is on for 3 days and not many people really know about it. I always try and spread the word.

Well i am still proud to be British. Even if nobody else shares my enthusiasm.
I agree babyblue. I an also proud to be British.

Old Feb 24th 2006, 2:02 am
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light

can't you just imagine?
Attached Images     
Old Feb 24th 2006, 2:12 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Well i am still proud to be British. Even if nobody else shares my enthusiasm.
Its not that I'm not proud to be British, apparently my dry British sense of humour was lost on a few people here

Its just that for me one of the things that defines "britishness" is avoiding the need for the kind of vulgar culture waiving that other nations seem to need to affirm there place in the world.

Brits seem to be the type to just get on with it, do what we have to do and not worry too much what everyone else thinks, so the whole idea of having a festival to celebrate all we have done strikes me as a bit incongruous.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 4:23 am
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

I am very proud to be british more proud than I ever was back home, Id love a british history month, especially considering that so much of Canadian culture and heritage stems from their too.

We should start a petition Baby!

As for all these moany buggers let em be! Moaning seems about all they have to do in their lives let em have it!

cant forget to have some of this too
Attached Thumbnails British Month? Hummm?-pie-n-mash.jpg_thumb.jpg  
Old Feb 24th 2006, 4:28 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britishvixen21
I am very proud to be british more proud than I ever was back home, Id love a british history month, especially considering that so much of Canadian culture and heritage stems from their too.

As for all these moany buggers let em be! Moaning seems about all they have to do in their lives let em have it!

What's that strange stuff on the plate ?
Old Feb 24th 2006, 5:08 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dbd33
What's that strange stuff on the plate ?
Dunno about the brown things but the huge zit appears to have burst,
Old Feb 24th 2006, 5:17 am
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute

I've really enjoyed the Highland Games I've attended in Penticton BC. Always fun.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

ray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond repute

Actually to be more precise I think the English clebrate their culture less so then Scots / Irish and possibly even the Welsh.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 5:48 am
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by NessieOggy
I've really enjoyed the Highland Games I've attended in Penticton BC. Always fun.
We could incorporate the Edinburgh tattoo!
Old Feb 24th 2006, 5:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by britishvixen21

Let me be the first to sign that petition!

Exactly my point about Canada and british history.

Can you imagine the fun to be had. I am always being asked questions.
We could actually teach them a thing or two. How to make a cuppa tea for starters.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ray1968
Actually to be more precise I think the English clebrate their culture less so then Scots / Irish and possibly even the Welsh.
You are so right about that and this is why i think an event such as this is very educational to all.
The kids where i work love it when i tell them stories from england. I think they assume it is a different planet!

I love Canada and i am in no way disrespecting it at all. I just want to share my heritage and British heritage is packed full of history and fascinating facts. great education and fun for all.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

johnehsmith will become famous soon enough

Im proud to be English.

I live in Canada but im proud of England and all the good things it has done
in the past. Like save the world from Nazis, invent every sport under the sun,
as well as giving the world the best language there is. No debate about
any of those statements by the way.

Im not proud to be British because that place doesnt exist. Im not Scottish
or Welsh and have no desire to be.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 6:10 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnehsmith
Im proud to be English.

I live in Canada but im proud of England and all the good things it has done
in the past. Like save the world from Nazis, invent every sport under the sun,
as well as giving the world the best language there is. No debate about
any of those statements by the way.

Im not proud to be British because that place doesnt exist. Im not Scottish
or Welsh and have no desire to be.
Tirez l'autre, il a des cloches dessus, china.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 6:19 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnehsmith
Im not proud to be British because that place doesnt exist.
God, not that argument again.

What about those fortunate enough to have a mixed heritage? Im British and proud of it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.