Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

British Expat Social groups in Winnipeg

British Expat Social groups in Winnipeg

Old Jul 16th 2013, 1:06 pm
Banned

PennyA will become famous soon enough
Default Re: British Expat Social groups in Winnipeg

This is the greatest thing about this forum. Look how many new British people you can meet in your Canadian lives!
Old Jul 16th 2013, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

dormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by PennyA
This is the greatest thing about this forum. Look how many new British people you can meet in your Canadian lives!
Its amazing how a good support network can make your transition to a new country and culture, so much easier. Sharing experiences, stories and best practices, help you settle that much quicker, and makes you realise that you are not going insane, but that everyone is going through the same things, in the main.

Last edited by dormy; Jul 16th 2013 at 3:08 pm.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 2:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PennyA
True but do you really want to meet a bunch of whining Brits who are always moaning about the price of cheese or that they cant get their favourite flavour of crisps or Robinsons squash and they dont do it like this in the UK
Its bad enough to be associated with living in Winnipeg or Regina never mind having a social group of other Brits.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scotdownunder
I've been here a fortnight and would be interested in any meet-up's. husband and I in our early 40's with a 2yr old. Currently staying in downtown but trying to arrange something else south-east asap! Please keep me in the loop.
Hi,im from Edinburgh ,i take it by your username you are scottish,i been in Winnipeg 6yrs if you and your husband want to meet up my cell is <snipped> or email me <snipped> ,im a truck driver so might be out of town

Last edited by Siouxie; Jul 16th 2013 at 2:33 pm. Reason: It's never a good idea to put your email or phone number on a public forum, unless you want spambots to inundate you!
Old Jul 16th 2013, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

dormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
True but do you really want to meet a bunch of whining Brits who are always moaning about the price of cheese or that they cant get their favourite flavour of crisps or Robinsons squash and they dont do it like this in the UK
Its bad enough to be associated with living in Winnipeg or Regina never mind having a social group of other Brits.
"I refer the right honourable gentleman to the answer I gave a moment ago"
Old Jul 16th 2013, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neilcumming
Hi,im from Edinburgh ,i take it by your username you are scottish,i been in Winnipeg 6yrs if you and your husband want to meet up my cell is <snipped> or email me <snipped> ,im a truck driver so might be out of town
Ok,they cut out all my private info here ,so just send message
Old Jul 16th 2013, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing like trying to put a downer on other people being enthusiastic about meeting other expats eh? Aren't we on the right forum then?
And here I was thinking Brits were only allegedly negative about their own country and discouraging anyone from giving it a try...now they do it about their adopted one too..

Last edited by AlliF; Jul 16th 2013 at 8:48 pm.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

or that they cant get their favourite flavour of crisps .
Oh and by the way the Heinz baked beans taste funny (and are the wrong colour)

Last edited by AlliF; Jul 16th 2013 at 8:46 pm.
Old Jul 17th 2013, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

JackieBakx is an unknown quantity at this point

Although it is often that us Brits complain about not being able to get proper Heinz beans and not being able to get good bacon, having been here plenty of years we actually have some great alternatives that could be shared!

I'd love to arrange a wee get together sometime for all those who are interested. On our end Sundays work best for us, whats the best for the rest of you? Would love to get something set up for August!
Old Jul 18th 2013, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JackieBakx
Although it is often that us Brits complain about not being able to get proper Heinz beans and not being able to get good bacon, having been here plenty of years we actually have some great alternatives that could be shared!

I'd love to arrange a wee get together sometime for all those who are interested. On our end Sundays work best for us, whats the best for the rest of you? Would love to get something set up for August!
Sundays are a good day for us - we have a 2 year old, and no baby-sitter here yet, so it would need to be somewhere family friendly for us to be able to make it.
August would be good.
Old Jul 18th 2013, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sundays work
Old Jul 19th 2013, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

JackieBakx is an unknown quantity at this point

Brilliant! I will start planning something, and I'm thinking The Elephant and Castle is a family friendly pub!
Old Jul 20th 2013, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brilliant! I will start planning something, and I'm thinking The Elephant and Castle is a family friendly pub!
They are - and they sell cider on draught. Bonus! Just spent 6 1/2 years in Australia (fruitlessly) searching for that!
Old Aug 12th 2013, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anyone still interested in meeting up? We (me, hubby and 2yr old daughter) are planning on eating and having a few drinks afterwards in the Elephant & Castle this Sunday coming. Short notice but if anybody is going to be in the area and wants to join us let me know.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 2:27 am
BE Forum Addict

if im in winnipeg i will meet up but who knows??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.