Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

British Expat Social groups in Winnipeg

British Expat Social groups in Winnipeg

Old Jul 11th 2013, 1:54 am
Just Joined

JackieBakx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British Expat Social groups in Winnipeg

Wondering if there is any groups in Winnipeg that get together and have some good old fashioned banter? Lived here for 15 years and my family is still missing the banter down at the pub. Is there such a thing or would we have to start one up. Family is between age of 28-56 years old.
Old Jul 11th 2013, 2:17 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Expat Social groups in Winnipeg

There is a thread about a meet up in Winnipeg on BE - albeit old. You could always post a meet up here and then make a thread so people know about it - or send them pm's and ask if they would be interested.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=587384

Old Jul 11th 2013, 8:57 am
Journeyman Canadian

scimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JackieBakx
Wondering if there is any groups in Winnipeg that get together and have some good old fashioned banter? Lived here for 15 years and my family is still missing the banter down at the pub. Is there such a thing or would we have to start one up. Family is between age of 28-56 years old.
Hi

Wife and I are in our early 40's and like pubs, especially yours! Been here 8 years, live rurally North of Ste Anne, I like a lot of the pubs in Wpg but sometimes get frustrated at living too far away from it all!
By all means include us if you start up something...

Darren
Old Jul 11th 2013, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

dormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to behold

Im up for a meet up, or to help start a group. Wife and I are early 40's and late 30's, been in Winnipeg 2.5 years, Canada for 7 years now, and always up for banter, let me know if you still want to get something started
Old Jul 12th 2013, 4:18 pm
Journeyman Canadian

scimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dormy
Im up for a meet up, or to help start a group. Wife and I are early 40's and late 30's, been in Winnipeg 2.5 years, Canada for 7 years now, and always up for banter, let me know if you still want to get something started
It is quite interesting that although I never looked for my 'own kind' when I came here, Italians socialize with Italians, Philipinos stick with Philipinos and so on, maybe finding some more Brits isnt such a bad thing!!

On another note, the All British Car show is being held at the Forks from 12 till noon. I'll be there with my Scimitar, see you there!
Old Jul 12th 2013, 4:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scimdarren
It is quite interesting that although I never looked for my 'own kind' when I came here, Italians socialize with Italians, Philipinos stick with Philipinos and so on, maybe finding some more Brits isnt such a bad thing!!

On another note, the All British Car show is being held at the Forks from 12 till noon. I'll be there with my Scimitar, see you there!
There again Northerners mixing it up with Southerners might not be such a good idea
Old Jul 12th 2013, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

dormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to behold

Its a very short car show, 12 til noon lol!...is that on today?
Old Jul 12th 2013, 6:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dormy
Its a very short car show, 12 til noon lol!...is that on today?
With only one car on show how long did you expect it to last
Old Jul 13th 2013, 6:45 am
Happy in Canada.

Grah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
With only one car on show how long did you expect it to last
about as long as he said 12 til noon.
Old Jul 13th 2013, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
There again Northerners mixing it up with Southerners might not be such a good idea
Or Yorkies with Lanc's !
Old Jul 13th 2013, 3:06 pm
Journeyman Canadian

Sorry, LOL, noon till 4. didn't mention it was Sunday, its all British, so it wont be huge, usual turn out is 40 cars, but the venue is so nice, you can take in the Forks at the same time!

Last edited by scimdarren; Jul 13th 2013 at 3:08 pm.
Old Jul 15th 2013, 3:08 am
Forum Regular

gb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to all

I went to a bar in Osbourne Village called Carlos end something. It was llod of a Mexican bar but had a good crowd in there. I met an English guy there and a load of decent locals. I even got 'natived' in the words of the locals.
Old Jul 15th 2013, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

I've been here a fortnight and would be interested in any meet-up's. husband and I in our early 40's with a 2yr old. Currently staying in downtown but trying to arrange something else south-east asap! Please keep me in the loop.
Old Jul 15th 2013, 8:49 pm
Journeyman Canadian

Originally Posted by scotdownunder
I've been here a fortnight and would be interested in any meet-up's. husband and I in our early 40's with a 2yr old. Currently staying in downtown but trying to arrange something else south-east asap! Please keep me in the loop.
Hi, Welcome. Do you mean South East Winnipeg or South East Manitoba?
I can hopefully give you advice on either as I work in South East Winnipeg (at the Mint) and I live in South East Manitoba!

Darren
Old Jul 16th 2013, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, Welcome. Do you mean South East Winnipeg or South East Manitoba?
I can hopefully give you advice on either as I work in South East Winnipeg (at the Mint) and I live in South East Manitoba!

Darren
Thanks. Sorry, I meant South east Winnipeg. Hubby is working in tuxedo business park so trying to rent (for now)something reasonably close, as for the last 3 yrs prior to moving here he has had to leave at 5.45 in the morning to get to work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.