Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

British Doctors in Winnipeg

British Doctors in Winnipeg

Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:18 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Doctors in Winnipeg

Originally Posted by Need New Doc
I addressed Zoe's arguments with valid responses which she acknowledged respectfully.
Oh dear. Don't we do irony in Winnipeg? Or perhaps you're foreign?
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:18 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

But in the end you get a few people who while they can't help make some comments that might help and one person who pushes it a bit further to find out about the issue, and a bunch of time wasters looking for validation.
Thats BE in a nutshell, you catch on fast!
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:32 pm
Des

Des7783 is just really niceDes7783 is just really niceDes7783 is just really niceDes7783 is just really niceDes7783 is just really niceDes7783 is just really niceDes7783 is just really niceDes7783 is just really nice

Originally Posted by iaink
Thats BE in a nutshell, you catch on fast!
I also went to the doctors dressed in nothing but clingfilm!

The Doctor said "I can quite clearly see your nuts"!
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:35 pm
Des

Des7783 is just really niceDes7783 is just really niceDes7783 is just really niceDes7783 is just really niceDes7783 is just really niceDes7783 is just really niceDes7783 is just really niceDes7783 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Des7783
I also went to the doctors dressed in nothing but clingfilm!

The Doctor said "I can quite clearly see your nuts"!
Laughter is the best medicine I'm told!!
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:45 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

I addressed Zoe's arguments with valid responses which she acknowledged respectfully. When it comes right down to what I was really getting at with my remark was "What the hell do you people do all day?" I came on here expecting maybe to hear few suggestions maybe "so and so told me that this clinic is good" or perhaps a couple of "good luck pal foreign doctors don't stay in Manitoba because of the money". But in the end you get a few people who while they can't help make some comments that might help and one person who pushes it a bit further to find out about the issue, and a bunch of time wasters looking for validation.
Don't listen to the nay-sayers on this forum. I went to a Canadian doctor once, but whilst there I saw that his receptionist was eating a packet of cheeto's. Understandably the experience has soured my view of so called medical "training" in this country.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:48 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
Ermm excuse me , how is making a snide comment about the army and snow, in any way a valid response to a request for evidence?

Just in case you are unable to deal with any subtle nuance of language, I'm not being respectful. From the evidence in front of me I think you are a xenophobic tosser
An excellent diagnosis Dr. Bell.

What treatment do you recommend?
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:49 pm
Des

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Don't listen to the nay-sayers on this forum. I went to a Canadian doctor once, but whilst there I saw that his receptionist was eating a packet of cheeto's. Understandably the experience has soured my view of so called medical "training" in this country.
A groaner.........

Man: "Doctor, I have a problem with my hearing."
Doc: "Ok, what are the symptoms?"
Man: "A cartoon family on television!"
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:49 pm
Displaced Disgrace

Joe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond repute

I addressed Zoe's arguments with valid responses which she acknowledged respectfully. When it comes right down to what I was really getting at with my remark was "What the hell do you people do all day?"..............

............and a bunch of time wasters looking for validation.
Here here!
I feel like you really know me...
Thank you..
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:52 pm
Des

Originally Posted by Joe_Sleepy
Here here!
I feel like you really know me...
Thank you..
I went to the Doctors the other day, and I was in there for only about 5 minutes. When I came out there was a police officer writing a parking ticket.
So I went up to him and said, "Come on, mate, how about giving me a break?" He ignored me and continued writing the ticket.
So I called him a biro sucking d**khead. He glared at me and started writing another ticket for worn tires! So I called him a piece of horse crap.
He finished the second ticket and put it on the windscreen with the first. Then he started writing a third ticket!
This went on for about 20 minutes...The more I abused him, the more infringement notices he wrote.
I didn't care. My car was parked around the corner.
I try to have a little fun each day. It's important.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:53 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone got an apple, as I'd like to keep a certain doctor away ?
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:54 pm
Des

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
An excellent diagnosis Dr. Bell.

What treatment do you recommend?
I enjoy using the comedy technique of self-deprecation - but I'm not very good at it.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:58 pm
Des

Originally Posted by Tangram
Has anyone got an apple, as I'd like to keep a certain doctor away ?
Last one I promise........ lol

Every night, Frank would go down to the liquor store, get a six-pack, bring it home, and drink it while he watched TV. One night, as he finished his last beer, the doorbell rang. He stumbled to the door and found a six-foot cockroach standing there. The bug grabbed him by the collar and threw him across the room, then left.

The next night, after he finished his 4th beer, the doorbell rang. He walked slowly to the door and found the same six-foot cockroach standing there. The big bug punched him in the stomach, then left.

The next night, after he finished his 1st beer, the doorbell rang again. The same six-foot cockroach standing there. This time he was knee'd in the groin and hit behind the ear as he doubled over in pain. Then he left.

The fourth night Frank didn't drink at all. The doorbell rang. The six-foot cockroach standing there. The bug beat the snot out of Frank and left him in a heap on the living room floor. The following day, Frank went to see his doctor. He explained the events of the preceding four nights. "What can I do?" he pleaded.

"Not much" answered the doctor. "There's just a nasty bug going around."
Old Feb 7th 2011, 9:01 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
What a delightfully sweeping statement. One of course I'm sure you can back up with solid facts.

Do tell, what constitutes " stricter diagnostic training" ?

Professors armed with whips?
I don't know why you're all jumping down this guys throat. While sweeping the evidence is clear, from doctors to teachers to every other profession apart from winter sports stuff, they're not as well trained over here as they are in the UK. It's just a fact.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 9:01 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

I addressed Zoe's arguments with valid responses which she acknowledged respectfully. When it comes right down to what I was really getting at with my remark was "What the hell do you people do all day?" I came on here expecting maybe to hear few suggestions maybe "so and so told me that this clinic is good" or perhaps a couple of "good luck pal foreign doctors don't stay in Manitoba because of the money". But in the end you get a few people who while they can't help make some comments that might help and one person who pushes it a bit further to find out about the issue, and a bunch of time wasters looking for validation.
You have not explained why you have come to the conclusion that Canadian trained doctors are not as good diagnosticians as UK trained ones. Some evidence to back up your theory would be helpful.

What do we do all day? Well this morning I did the laundry, washed some dishes, generally tidied around, spent some time on the computer and am now at work with some Canadian trained doctors. Is that all OK with you?
Old Feb 7th 2011, 9:09 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
I don't know why you're all jumping down this guys throat. While sweeping the evidence is clear, from doctors to teachers to every other profession apart from winter sports stuff, they're not as well trained over here as they are in the UK. It's just a fact.
I'm sorry , I do forget sometimes . I appreciate you taking the time to remind me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.