Reload this Page >

British Doctors in Winnipeg

British Doctors in Winnipeg

Old Feb 7th 2011, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

Need New Doc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British Doctors in Winnipeg

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
What a delightfully sweeping statement. One of course I'm sure you can back up with solid facts.

Do tell, what constitutes " stricter diagnostic training" ?

Professors armed with whips?
I am not saying that there is not well trained doctors from Canadian schools or that they don't get great training but UK trained doctors tend to get to the source of the problem a bit quicker.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 4:48 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Again , On what do you base this?

One person's anecdotal evidence is , quite frankly , no basis for insulting a whole country's worth of trained medical professionals.

Perhaps if you are so keen to have british based medical care you should travel there and be prepared to meet the cost of going private.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
Again , On what do you base this?

One person's anecdotal evidence is , quite frankly , no basis for insulting a whole country's worth of trained medical professionals.

Perhaps if you are so keen to have british based medical care you should travel there and be prepared to meet the cost of going private.
It is not an insult maybe there is something in
Canadian Medical Schools which restricts them from going the extra step required perhaps an cautious method which although good is not as effective in practice. Why I am explaining this to you shouldn't you be calling up the army to move your snow.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 4:56 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Need New Doc
Canadian Medical Schools which restricts them from going the extra step required perhaps an cautious method which although good is not as effective in practice. Why I am explaining this to you shouldn't you be calling up the army to move your snow.
Oh come on now do answer Zoe's question rather than make obscurely snide remarks.

What makes you say that all Canadian trained doctors are slower to diagnose than UK trained ones? I've worked in the NHS and in Ontario and can't say I see what you are saying.

edit, maybe that should have been snidely obscure?

Last edited by fledermaus; Feb 7th 2011 at 5:06 pm.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 5:41 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Ah what a well thought out and reasoned argument , thank you.

It would be terrible if a reasonable question and an offer of a valid alternative was met by a stupidly irrelevant insult wouldn't it?
Old Feb 7th 2011, 5:45 pm
Professional Cat herder

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Oh come on now do answer Zoe's question rather than make obscurely snide remarks.

What makes you say that all Canadian trained doctors are slower to diagnose than UK trained ones? I've worked in the NHS and in Ontario and can't say I see what you are saying.

Yeah I suspect the problem with your opinion is that a) you have a much larger experience base to draw from and
b) as a healthcare professional you are in danger of knowing what you are talking about

Everyone knows that this cannot possibly be as valid as one person's anecdotal experiences .
Old Feb 7th 2011, 5:48 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

What a bizarre thread. Still, Dr House went to Cambridge didnt he, and hes a diagnostic whiz. Well, eventually, after all those false starts and near deaths anyway

Last edited by iaink; Feb 7th 2011 at 5:51 pm.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 6:11 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

In an entirely unscientific poll of Doctors I've seen here and in UK, I struggle to notice any difference in competency/urgency/diagnostic abilities between the UK trained, Canadian trained and for that matter the Colombian trained GP's I've seen. Perhaps though, there are ailments, peculiar to people of British origin that require a died in the wool, bonafide Brit trained GP to catch them. Housemaids knee for example.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 7:16 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

I am not saying that there is not well trained doctors from Canadian schools or that they don't get great training but UK trained doctors tend to get to the source of the problem a bit quicker.
Do/can you appreciate how silly that statement actually is?
Old Feb 7th 2011, 7:24 pm
Des

Des7783 is just really niceDes7783 is just really niceDes7783 is just really niceDes7783 is just really niceDes7783 is just really niceDes7783 is just really niceDes7783 is just really niceDes7783 is just really nice

I went to the Doctor once with a peanut stuck in my ear! He poured some chocolate sauce in & it cam out a treat!

I also had a starwberry stuck in the other ear & he gave me some cream for it.

I went out with a posh girl once & she gave me lobsters lol
Old Feb 7th 2011, 7:51 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Des7783
I went to the Doctor once with a peanut stuck in my ear! He poured some chocolate sauce in & it cam out a treat!

I also had a starwberry stuck in the other ear & he gave me some cream for it.

I went out with a posh girl once & she gave me lobsters lol
I see you're in Winnipeg. I don't suppose that you're a doctor perchance? Because if so, someone is out looking for you. If not, everybody else is.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 7:54 pm
Des

Des7783 is just really niceDes7783 is just really niceDes7783 is just really niceDes7783 is just really niceDes7783 is just really niceDes7783 is just really niceDes7783 is just really niceDes7783 is just really nice

I could be whatever you want me to be! lol I am a man of many talents
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:02 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Des7783
I could be whatever you want me to be! lol I am a man of many talents
That's the spirit. Welcome to the asylum.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fledermaus

I addressed Zoe's arguments with valid responses which she acknowledged respectfully. When it comes right down to what I was really getting at with my remark was "What the hell do you people do all day?" I came on here expecting maybe to hear few suggestions maybe "so and so told me that this clinic is good" or perhaps a couple of "good luck pal foreign doctors don't stay in Manitoba because of the money". But in the end you get a few people who while they can't help make some comments that might help and one person who pushes it a bit further to find out about the issue, and a bunch of time wasters looking for validation.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:10 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

I addressed Zoe's arguments with valid responses which she acknowledged respectfully. When it comes right down to what I was really getting at with my remark was "What the hell do you people do all day?" I came on here expecting maybe to hear few suggestions maybe "so and so told me that this clinic is good" or perhaps a couple of "good luck pal foreign doctors don't stay in Manitoba because of the money". But in the end you get a few people who while they can't help make some comments that might help and one person who pushes it a bit further to find out about the issue, and a bunch of time wasters looking for validation.
See, it's your British medical training that enables you to make that psychatric assessment. A Canadian would never have picked that up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.