british black

Old Sep 11th 2005, 1:25 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: british black

Originally Posted by Cowtown
Never been to Markham, so I have no idea.
It's a suburb of Toronto, the people there are primarily immigrants from the PRC or from Hong Kong.

Originally Posted by Cowtown
I get the feeling that I don't have any sort of idea of what we're discussing here.
I think I'm reasonably familiar with discrimination. Yesterday, as I walked in one direction, a man who was walking the other way (a dreadlocked white Jamaican as it happens), muted the phone on which he was talking, leaned toward me and said loudly "sick ****er", he then spat at me. This was because he, and I suppose, other local people, object to the types of people I bring into the pub. I bring autistic people, they like the music but they look odd, looking odd does not go over well here.
Old Sep 11th 2005, 1:41 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
That's pretty tame to some of the things I've said on the forum.....but I believe that you will be warned by Ray before being banned - at least that is my understanding......you could always check with ray first to confirm if you're concerned!

And I would be fascinated as well to hear what races you hate and why!
Fair enough then. I cannot abide the Koreans. I never have a conversation with a Korean without it including the phrase "a black guy came in here ....", the black guy doesn't have to have done anything he just came in and he's the devil. I'm not comfortable with their overt and simple racism. Palestinians are a liability as well, not that they're offensive in themselves but, there are a lot more Jews, and the Jews don't like them, I wouldn't hire anyone who claimed an affliation with Palestine.

Do women matter ? Should they have an opinion ? How about gay people ?
Not if you ask the Algerians here. They're difficult for me to deal with.

Ethiopians astonish me, they can be here for two generations, still they argue that FGM is reasonable, what are you going to do with that ?

What I love about Toronto is that everyone is from somewhere else, there simply aren't enough Canadians for them to matter. The best of it is learning about other cultures, the worst of it is learning about other cultures.
Old Sep 11th 2005, 2:03 am
Cowtown

Originally Posted by dbd33
What I love about Toronto is that everyone is from somewhere else, there simply aren't enough Canadians for them to matter. The best of it is learning about other cultures, the worst of it is learning about other cultures.
I don't think being honest about your own experiences is fair reason to get banned - you're only reporting what you've heard.

If people have a problem with that, tough sh*t, life happens.

All I can say is my experience of life in Alberta doesn't match up to yours in Ontario, but that doesn't mean that either of us are wrong or don't have a right to report our experiences truthfully.

Old Sep 11th 2005, 9:44 am
Lost again

john fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by john fisher
Sorry to say but racism is born out of ignorance and there are ignorant people all over the world.
I stand by this ignorance is the factor. People who want to remain ignorant unable/unwilling to learn about other ways of life will be racists. Yes some cultures are more pron to racism than other, though fear, being over run by the other cultures bad experiences with another people, being taught by parents and friends. there are to many reasons to name but it all comes down to fear of the unknown through ignorance.

I have meet may people from different places around the world and they all had the same worries as me, kids, wife, job, health etc.

Take everyone on face value. If this person turns out to be a complete w@^ker, it is not his/her race that is the problem, it is them.

To write this is easier than to do this. Well it would be if I could spell and type.
Old Sep 11th 2005, 10:05 am
Lost again

john fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to behold

Do women matter ? Should they have an opinion ? How about gay people ?
Not if you ask the Algerians here. They're difficult for me to deal with.
I am sure there are many cultures that feel the same way as the Algerians feel. But not all the people from these cultures feel that way, this is where freedom of speach comes into play.
If the think that they have no gays boy are they in for a shock.
Ethiopians astonish me, they can be here for two generations, still they argue that FGM is reasonable, what are you going to do with that ?
Like you we have laws to deal with such barberisum, and education programs for men and women.
What I love about Toronto is that everyone is from somewhere else, there simply aren't enough Canadians for them to matter.
But you are Canadian .

The best of it is learning about other cultures, the worst of it is learning about other cultures.
I must agree it is the best and worst .
Old Sep 11th 2005, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

triniangel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by john fisher
I am sure there are many cultures that feel the same way as the Algerians feel. But not all the people from these cultures feel that way, this is where freedom of speach comes into play.
If the think that they have no gays boy are they in for a shock.

Like you we have laws to deal with such barberisum, and education programs for men and women.

But you are Canadian .

I must agree it is the best and worst .
This thread is quite interesting to me. I may look East Indian but I have very little in common with someone from India. My accent and West Indian culture set me apart from them. (I realised this when I studied in the USA) I have grown up where we celebrate each other's festivals etc. How will I be looked at In Canada? Is there much hatred for people like me? I intend to settle in either Toronto or Calgary.
Old Sep 13th 2005, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Karib is an unknown quantity at this point

Triniangel, you won't have any problems in Toronto at least. There are plenty of Indo-Caribbeans in Toronto, from Trinidad and Guyana. There is a free weekly newspaper there dedicated to Indo-Caribbeans. As for Calgary, I don't know as the Caribbean population there is much smaller.