Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

British Architect Thinking of Emigrating to Toronto

British Architect Thinking of Emigrating to Toronto

Old Nov 11th 2010, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

angelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to all
Default British Architect Thinking of Emigrating to Toronto

Hi all, I am a British qualified architect (5 years post qualification experience) who has previously worked in the Middle East. My spouse and I have always considered moving to Toronto as my sister already lives there and has done so for the last 12 years. We visit often and love the place. Due to the recession I have found it impossible to find work in the UK and have set up my own freelance practice. I feel that now is the time to seriously consider the move to Canada. I am planning on going to Canada next Spring to spend 2-3 months with my sister to see what our chances are. However, if anyone has been through something similar I would be very grateful to receive any advice about job prospects etc

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 3:04 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Architect Thinking of Emigrating to Toronto

Originally Posted by angelynv
Hi all, I am a British qualified architect (5 years post qualification experience) who has previously worked in the Middle East. My spouse and I have always considered moving to Toronto as my sister already lives there and has done so for the last 12 years. We visit often and love the place. Due to the recession I have found it impossible to find work in the UK and have set up my own freelance practice. I feel that now is the time to seriously consider the move to Canada. I am planning on going to Canada next Spring to spend 2-3 months with my sister to see what our chances are. However, if anyone has been through something similar I would be very grateful to receive any advice about job prospects etc

Thanks in advance.
There is stuff in here for foreign-trained architects. I don't think you're going to be pleased.

http://www.oaa.on.ca/
Old Nov 11th 2010, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

angelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Souvy
There is stuff in here for foreign-trained architects. I don't think you're going to be pleased.

http://www.oaa.on.ca/
Thanks for your help. Even if it doesnt look promising, at least I know what to expect. Thanks again
Old Nov 11th 2010, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angelynv
Thanks for your help. Even if it doesnt look promising, at least I know what to expect. Thanks again
Make sure you don't end up like this guy

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/stor...n-clients.html