Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Bringing in a Large Sum of Money - How To?

Bringing in a Large Sum of Money - How To?

Old Mar 1st 2005, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

prodigyking will become famous soon enough
Default Bringing in a Large Sum of Money - How To?

I am sorry if this question has been asked a thousand times before, I can't find anything at this point.

So, what is the best/safest way to bring my savings to Canada? Is a cashier's check from my New York bank (citibank) the way to do it? If you have experience with this matter, please help.

Just think, twenty two more days, and I will be a Canuck, eh? Are you jumping from joy yet? :scared:

Yours Truly!
Old Mar 1st 2005, 1:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: Bringing in a Large Sum of Money - How To?

Originally Posted by prodigyking
I am sorry if this question has been asked a thousand times before, I can't find anything at this point.

So, what is the best/safest way to bring my savings to Canada? Is a cashier's check from my New York bank (citibank) the way to do it? If you have experience with this matter, please help.

Just think, twenty two more days, and I will be a Canuck, eh? Are you jumping from joy yet? :scared:

Yours Truly!
I know that I'm having sleepless nites with anticipation of you moving here...
Old Mar 1st 2005, 1:30 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

When you've relocated to Montreal and opened a bank account there, arrange for your New York bank to wire the funds to your Montreal bank.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 1:54 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Send it to me . Cheque made out to "C. Ash" would be the best way

Cant wait. Let us know what you think of the hospital system and dental facilities the first time a local takes offence at something you say/do and rearranges your teeth eh.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 3:30 am
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice

Originally Posted by iaink
Let us know what you think of the hospital system and dental facilities the first time a local takes offence at something you say/do and rearranges your teeth eh.
What the....!!!???
Old Mar 1st 2005, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

prodigyking will become famous soon enough

Cant wait. Let us know what you think of the hospital system and dental facilities the first time a local takes offence at something you say/do and rearranges your teeth eh.
I feel the love... you know, it wouldn't be so bad to rearrange your face one of these days. Let's set a date in Montreal, eh?
Old Mar 1st 2005, 7:04 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by prodigyking
If you have experience with this matter, please help.
From my experience...
Attached Thumbnails Bringing in a Large Sum of Money - How To?-moneycase.jpg  
Old Mar 1st 2005, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

I would move to Montreal just for the chance to try and repair his face!
Senario
Nurse: Hello there, whats this? Seems like someone got insulted and taught you a lesson.
ProKing: (mumble) mmmmf
Nurse: Well now, I'll fix the cuts but your teeth are in a right state, you'll need a dentist.
ProKing: mmmmf
Nurse: Oh, you teeth were like that before, never mind, I'll get the stitches.
ProKing: mmmmmf
Nurse: Whats that PKing? No local anaesthetic? Certainly sir!
Old Mar 1st 2005, 12:57 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzRob
What the....!!!???
Read some of his old posts..way back when. Lets just say I took a dislike to him and his attitude. Im not going to try and beat him up (I'm a nice guy..honest), but Im pretty sure that someone will at some point.

I dont want to get in a public slanging match here, so PM me if you need a roadmap.

Last edited by iaink; Mar 1st 2005 at 2:15 pm. Reason: fumbling fingers
Old Mar 1st 2005, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute

Read some of his old posts..way back when. Lets just say I took a dislike to him and his attitude. Im not going to try and beat him up (I'm a nice guy..honest), but Im pretty sure that someone will at some point.

I dont want to get in a public slanging match here, so PM me if you need a roadmap.
Not referring to you of course Iain but it often amuses me as I occasionally browse around some of the other forums on this site just how tough some people are. Well at least when they are tucked safe and sound behind their computer keyboard!
Old Mar 1st 2005, 4:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by stepnek
Not referring to you of course Iain but it often amuses me as I occasionally browse around some of the other forums on this site just how tough some people are. Well at least when they are tucked safe and sound behind their computer keyboard!
That guy is "one piece of work"....he even had a go at me.....can you imagine that....personally I was shocked....
Old Mar 1st 2005, 4:36 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by willmore
That guy is "one piece of work"....he even had a go at me.....can you imagine that....personally I was shocked....
Me or PK
Old Mar 1st 2005, 4:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Me or PK
LOL....I was referring to pk in this instance..you would never have a go at me would you!!!!
Old Mar 1st 2005, 5:03 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by willmore
LOL....I was referring to pk in this instance..you would never have a go at me would you!!!!
Only behind your back

Just kidding!
Old Mar 1st 2005, 5:35 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

PK! ah the nostalgia........ the first,.... no the ONLY person I ever put on my ignore list.

Actually he's how I found OUT about the ignore list!

Cheers!.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.