Bricklayer wanting more information about moving to Canada

Bricklayer wanting more information about moving to Canada

Old Aug 7th 2008, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

Warren Green is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bricklayer wanting more information about moving to Canada

Originally Posted by ezey2008
Hi All,

A Longshot i Know! but i thought i would ask!

We are due to land in Calgary late September, do you know of anyone who might be looking for a carpenter! Own Tools & Transport, 15 Years Experience!!
Do you have shuttering experience

Warren
Old Aug 7th 2008, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

ezey2008 has a brilliant futureezey2008 has a brilliant futureezey2008 has a brilliant futureezey2008 has a brilliant futureezey2008 has a brilliant futureezey2008 has a brilliant futureezey2008 has a brilliant futureezey2008 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Warren Green
Do you have shuttering experience

Warren
Basic formwork & shuttering experience. Mainly commercial & residential Carpentry rather than Civil. I assume you have my resume and that i don't have the experience that you are looking for? Regards, Simon.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 6:10 am
Just Joined

MTD0191 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by simeongb
hello
i`m a ,bricklayer and i`ve been in B.C with my family for 9 months and everything is great
HI I'VE BEEN OFFERED A JOB IN VANCOUVER,IM JUST TRYING TO FIND OUT A LITTLE MORE ABOUT WORKING IN B.C. LIKE HAVE YOU LOST MUCH TIME DUE TO WEATHER? ANY INFO WOULD BE APPRECEATED.THANKS.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 8:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MTD0191
HI I'VE BEEN OFFERED A JOB IN VANCOUVER,IM JUST TRYING TO FIND OUT A LITTLE MORE ABOUT WORKING IN B.C. LIKE HAVE YOU LOST MUCH TIME DUE TO WEATHER? ANY INFO WOULD BE APPRECEATED.THANKS.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 8:23 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

The chances of Simeongb seeing your question to him tagged on the bottom of this thread are fairly remote - your best bet is to PM him directly or perhaps start your own thread asking for information from bricklayers.

Hope that helps.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 8:30 am
Just Joined

thanks,im new to all this.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 8:37 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

thanks,im new to all this.
No probs, if you click on the user name of the person you want to message then you'll get an option to send them a Private Message.

Or just start your own thread (with something relevant in title about bricklaying so people with experience of it can answer), it's best not to put questions on the end of somebody elses, particularly an old one that not many will look at.

Good luck!
Old Sep 25th 2008, 6:55 am
Just Joined

thanks again,you've been a great help,im a dinosaur with these things!
Old Dec 9th 2008, 1:43 am
Just Joined

thegeneral is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paulhchawner
Hi Simon,have family in Surrey and friends in Coquitlam, but not in Building trade.When we were over there in 2006 and 2007 didn't need to find out about the wages etc as the building was ok. It has now fell into a deep hole and thinking of trying to join them in B.C. What type of money can you earn given you are prepared to graft and is it daywork or can you get pricework.i am fishing at the moment but if i can get a working visa or like me and the mrs may well try it as it looks very bleak over here.Thanks in advance for your input.Paul.
any joy with canada
Old Dec 9th 2008, 5:06 am
Just Joined

paulhchawner is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thegeneral
any joy with canada
No not at the moment,couple of replys from various forums and websites.
From what i can gather they pay approx. C$30-C$35 (£16 -£19 at the rate now) per hour gross.This would have been an employed position and carried good benefits as it seems with most jobs in Canada.(Health care pension etc.)
The cost of living i found to be much the same, relevant to earnings, some things more expensive, others not.
It seems there isn't much potential to earn more money(pricework) unless you were running your own business etc.

Paul
Old Dec 9th 2008, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

deck is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by simeongb
hello
i`m a ,bricklayer and i`ve been in B.C with my family for 9 months and everything is great
tell him to think very carefully its slowed right down.