bricklayer

Old Apr 28th 2009, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

on the way to oz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default bricklayer

i 25 year old bricklayer wondering if there was much work in canada,was goin to oz but jobs not great,where is the work and whats the money like in canada,willing to work at anything really,just want to get out of here,any help, cheers
Old Apr 28th 2009, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

skyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really nice
Default Re: bricklayer

dont know about brickies in canada (there are a lot of wooden houses) but my mate is a brickie and moved to New Zealand a few years back and is falling over work. I could have a word if you fancy trying there. Not trying to put you off canada or anything, just thinking of work.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 3:13 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by skyturner
dont know about brickies in canada (there are a lot of wooden houses) but my mate is a brickie and moved to New Zealand a few years back and is falling over work. I could have a word if you fancy trying there. Not trying to put you off canada or anything, just thinking of work.
A lot of brickwork on commercial buildings as well as hospitals and schools in Calgary. Also a single layer of brick is sometimes used for effect on the fronts of homes.

Not much work in new construction of any kind in Calgary at the moment, commercial construction has slowed considerably with lots of projects delayed or cancelled all together.

Home construction seems to be at a virtual standstill.

Not good news I know, but we are in the middle of a "world wide" recession.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

cheers lads,ya heard it mainly be timber frame with the single skin of blockwork,was supposed to be heading to oz in september but things not sounding too good from there,myself and the girlfriend deffenatly going to head off somewhere in september for the year anyway,been planing to do this for a while,willing to work at anything really so hopefully pick something up
Old Apr 28th 2009, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

skyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really nice

Originally Posted by on the way to oz
cheers lads,ya heard it mainly be timber frame with the single skin of blockwork,was supposed to be heading to oz in september but things not sounding too good from there,myself and the girlfriend deffenatly going to head off somewhere in september for the year anyway,been planing to do this for a while,willing to work at anything really so hopefully pick something up
Forgot to mention..........NZ is really easy to get into (they are pretty desperate for people) and once resident there for 2 years you can automatically get into Oz.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 9:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by skyturner
Forgot to mention..........NZ is really easy to get into (they are pretty desperate for people) and once resident there for 2 years you can automatically get into Oz.
thanks skyturner,if you get a chance could u ask your mate about the work there,where hes at it and what the dollars are like,willing to give any place a try,heard nz a beautiful place...
Old May 9th 2009, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

treadstone is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah go NZ, dont believe the ads in the uk press of tons of work in van. they take ya dollar and never come up with the goods.
Old May 10th 2009, 3:10 am
BE Enthusiast

AlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by on the way to oz
i 25 year old bricklayer wondering if there was much work in canada,was goin to oz but jobs not great,where is the work and whats the money like in canada,willing to work at anything really,just want to get out of here,any help, cheers
Hi , on the way to oz.....my wee brother is in Oz at the minute, has been the past two years and the job situation is dire for new folk indeed. Canada, unlike Oz, is a lot more difficult to get into, you have to have a confrimed job offer, the employer needs to gain an LMO and then you get your TWP. If you look in the Wiki at the top of the page for Canada it explains it more in depth, in the meantime, have you consided BUNAC -

http://www.bunac.org/uk/workcanada/
Old May 10th 2009, 1:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by treadstone
yeah go NZ, dont believe the ads in the uk press of tons of work in van. they take ya dollar and never come up with the goods.
Just to point out for the benefit of anybody reading that any of these dodgy 'immigration companies' that take money for finding you work are not only unethical but also, most of them are breaking the law.

I'm sure that most people aren't daft enough to fall for it but there are some out there that seem to think they have to pay somebody thousands to find them a job (illegal in most Canadian provinces and also something easily done yourself if the work is out there in the first place) and apply for a TWP for them (a 2 page document).
Old May 11th 2009, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

treadstone is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah well said, stay clear of them Jobs in and do it yourself.