Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Brampton, looking for a british store!

Brampton, looking for a british store!

Old Sep 22nd 2012, 8:17 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brampton, looking for a british store!

Originally Posted by Tony73tt
So sorry.. Call me what you want. I have lived in the U.K all my life apart from 6 years in the Army and I can never understand why people will not let go of the U.K!! Why bother moving?????
I spent 6 months in he winter of 83-84 in Medicine Hat Alberta, I can tell you that the stunning steaks I ate, far outweighed any poxy British fish n chips! And I am allowed to voice that as a British citizen...
Its not a wont let go thing. It's a fish and chip thing for us.

We like fish, and we like chunky chips, plus mushed up peas all covered in gravy with salt, vinigar and a pot of tea and a slice of bread. Brampton has the best one in the GTA.
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

Tony73tt is an unknown quantity at this point

Just in case you want to taste the best fish n chips in the U.K, they are located less than 15 mins from my home here in the U.K. Compos cafe Holmfirth. Scene of the filming of last of the summer wine......... If you want Steaks however.....I would visit Canada!!!!!!!
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 8:37 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carrie051
For someone who doesn't see a need for British shops you certainly know where to find them all!
It's called maintaining situational awareness
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

Sammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, there is a small British Shop in Waterdown? Would be the closest to Brampton I would have thought?

They don't have a great deal but they have Robinsons Squash, a selection of Chocolate and Biscuits and they also have a range of British type pies & black pudding!!! - that comes from London,ON

Old Sep 23rd 2012, 1:32 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sammypeeps
Hi, there is a small British Shop in Waterdown? Would be the closest to Brampton I would have thought?

They don't have a great deal but they have Robinsons Squash, a selection of Chocolate and Biscuits and they also have a range of British type pies & black pudding!!! - that comes from London,ON

I like the one in Burlington, it's on walkers and new street. They have just opened a new on burloak.
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

dgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond repute

I don't get this hostility to people who occasionally want to wallow in a bit of nostalgia for their home country. Would you criticise an Indian Canadian who wanted to eat curry every once in a while for example? I love it here in Toronto and have no intention of moving back to the UK and I'm even sort of getting into hockey but that doesn't mean I don't hanker after some proper chip-shop chips with mushy peas or a bag of Walker's salt & vinegar every once in a while.
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 9:36 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dgagitw
I don't get this hostility to people who occasionally want to wallow in a bit of nostalgia for their home country. Would you criticise an Indian Canadian who wanted to eat curry every once in a while for example? I love it here in Toronto and have no intention of moving back to the UK and I'm even sort of getting into hockey but that doesn't mean I don't hanker after some proper chip-shop chips with mushy peas or a bag of Walker's salt & vinegar every once in a while.

I totally agree, gets on your blooming nerves doesn't it. You are not allowed to miss, like, or have any positive feelings about the UK, or someone comes along with a smart remark.

Last edited by Miss Clinique; Sep 23rd 2012 at 9:44 pm.
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

Mona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
I totally agree, gets on your blooming nerves doesn't it. You are not allowed to miss, like, or having any positive feelings about the UK, or someone comes along with a smart remark.
-----------------------------------------------

Sure it's not meant but I was only out there two weeks visiting hubby and took me robinson juice with me in suitcase and we went through it like nothing, but still not a reason not to move, sure we could get it out there somewhere just at a price, so extra weight in my luggage was not a problem
Old Sep 24th 2012, 8:38 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

As its Brampton you don't really need to look for a British shop
Many of the ethnic stores have a section with British foods as many Asians and Jamaicans came here via the UK..
The apple factory out on Bovaird and Mississauga road has a small English section, for sweets try the sweet shop in the Bramlea city centre, or the bulk barn
the ethic store at McLaughlin and Lormel gate used to sell beanz at almost zero mark up
Just look around