Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Booking you dog with Air Transat - How Long to Confirm?? Been a week!!!

Booking you dog with Air Transat - How Long to Confirm?? Been a week!!!

Old Mar 14th 2019, 11:04 am
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 207
Lion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Booking you dog with Air Transat - How Long to Confirm?? Been a week!!!

Hi guys

We're using a Pet Travel company to book our dog London to Toronto. She's a big girl so is going cargo (55kg).

Booked her in Friday of last week. The company checked beforehand and confirmed the space was available on the flight we wanted, so we booked.

I expected to hear back Friday afternoon with confirmation so we could go ahead and book our own flights, but nothing. So called them up and they advised that Air Transat are very slow confirming, and the typical turnaround time is a week!!!

That was Friday last week, Thursday today. Called them again, still no update, but they advised they cannot even chase Air Transat before a week has passed as that's the 'typical' timescale.

Can Air Transat really be that appalling at taking the money and confirming the space??? Or are we being given the runaround so they can try and book some space cheaper later??????

Really REALLY annoying as we fly out in 3 weeks and need this sorted! And paid good money for the service (£1,200).

People reading who have used Air Transat for this route before for dogs in CARGO (not in hold or cabin) - can you recall how long it took to get your confirmation back once you booked with your pet travel company?
Lion Heart is offline  
Old Mar 15th 2019, 1:56 pm
  #2  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 207
Lion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Booking you dog with Air Transat - How Long to Confirm?? Been a week!!!

Oficially one week ago today and still no confirmation!!

Anyone?
Lion Heart is offline  
Old Mar 15th 2019, 6:26 pm
  #3  
Banned
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 19,879
Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Booking you dog with Air Transat - How Long to Confirm?? Been a week!!!

Originally Posted by Lion Heart View Post
Hi guys

We're using a Pet Travel company to book our dog London to Toronto. She's a big girl so is going cargo (55kg).

Booked her in Friday of last week. The company checked beforehand and confirmed the space was available on the flight we wanted, so we booked.

I expected to hear back Friday afternoon with confirmation so we could go ahead and book our own flights, but nothing. So called them up and they advised that Air Transat are very slow confirming, and the typical turnaround time is a week!!!

That was Friday last week, Thursday today. Called them again, still no update, but they advised they cannot even chase Air Transat before a week has passed as that's the 'typical' timescale.

Can Air Transat really be that appalling at taking the money and confirming the space??? Or are we being given the runaround so they can try and book some space cheaper later??????

Really REALLY annoying as we fly out in 3 weeks and need this sorted! And paid good money for the service (£1,200).

People reading who have used Air Transat for this route before for dogs in CARGO (not in hold or cabin) - can you recall how long it took to get your confirmation back once you booked with your pet travel company?

Curious as to why you didn't book directly with Air Transat Cargo - much cheaper and easy to contact them yourself to book it. There isn't any requirement with Air Transat to use a 3rd party booking service as far as I am aware, unlike Air Canada /BA


That fee is quite hefty but consists mainly of the pet freight company fees - rather than Air Transat's I suspect! My son had boxes and boxes sent air cargo, enough to fill the back of a long wheel base pick up truck, stacked, and it cost a couple of hundred pounds. It would be interesting to see what price you could get quoted by contact Air Transat Cargo directly

https://www.leisurecargo.com/airport...twick-airport/ or you could send an email enquiry
https://www.leisurecargo.com/e-servi...oking-enquiry/

Last edited by Siouxie; Mar 15th 2019 at 6:32 pm.
Siouxie is offline  
Old Mar 15th 2019, 8:05 pm
  #4  
BE Enthusiast
 
raindropsandroses's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 448
raindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Booking you dog with Air Transat - How Long to Confirm?? Been a week!!!

No that's ridiculous. We didn't fly our pets with Air Transat, they went Air Canada Cargo, but that's absurd that you haven't had confirmation.

Our pet travel company were in contact every day confirming things and reassuring me from around a month prior to our flights.

Time for a very firm phone call I think.
raindropsandroses is offline  
Old Mar 15th 2019, 9:34 pm
  #5  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 17
Magiscribe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Booking you dog with Air Transat - How Long to Confirm?? Been a week!!!

Hopefully you will hear something soon...which pet travel company is it? Have they been good at keeping in contact? We are about to book our pet flight and corresponding personal flights ...flying Air Canada though....

have you you tried calling Air Transat direct to confirm actual booking?

hope things work out for you
Magiscribe is offline  
Old Mar 15th 2019, 9:37 pm
  #6  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 17
Magiscribe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Booking you dog with Air Transat - How Long to Confirm?? Been a week!!!

Originally Posted by Siouxie View Post
Curious as to why you didn't book directly with Air Transat Cargo - much cheaper and easy to contact them yourself to book it. There isn't any requirement with Air Transat to use a 3rd party booking service as far as I am aware, unlike Air Canada /BA


That fee is quite hefty but consists mainly of the pet freight company fees - rather than Air Transat's I suspect! My son had boxes and boxes sent air cargo, enough to fill the back of a long wheel base pick up truck, stacked, and it cost a couple of hundred pounds. It would be interesting to see what price you could get quoted by contact Air Transat Cargo directly

https://www.leisurecargo.com/airport...twick-airport/ or you could send an email enquiry
https://www.leisurecargo.com/e-servi...oking-enquiry/


just to to answer that question....I asked Leisure Cargo for a direct quote to transport my 40kg dog to Toronto direct in early May...they quoted £1050.00....without any paperwork, vet checks or crate.....flight only!
Magiscribe is offline  
Old Mar 15th 2019, 9:41 pm
  #7  
BE Forum Addict
 
Hurlabrick's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: London, ON
Posts: 2,485
Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Booking you dog with Air Transat - How Long to Confirm?? Been a week!!!

Originally Posted by Magiscribe View Post




just to to answer that question....I asked Leisure Cargo for a direct quote to transport my 40kg dog to Toronto direct in early May...they quoted £1050.00....without any paperwork, vet checks or crate.....flight only!
Must have been putting him in the business class seats!
Hurlabrick is offline  
Old Mar 15th 2019, 11:57 pm
  #8  
Banned
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 19,879
Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Booking you dog with Air Transat - How Long to Confirm?? Been a week!!!

Originally Posted by Magiscribe View Post

just to to answer that question....I asked Leisure Cargo for a direct quote to transport my 40kg dog to Toronto direct in early May...they quoted £1050.00....without any paperwork, vet checks or crate.....flight only!

Yikes!

You would be expected to supply the paperwork, get a fit to fly certificate and supply the crate, of course - they are not a pet flight company, they are an international Cargo company, the arrangements are your responsibility, they just do the physical part of transporting from airport a to airport b.

I am shocked at the quote you received though as Air Transat are charging $275 from the UK to Canada as checked.baggage (they only have to go cargo if over 45k incl crate - or flying FROM Canada to the UK). https://www.airtransat.com/en-CA/Tra...d-service-dogs

Last edited by Siouxie; Mar 16th 2019 at 1:49 am.
Siouxie is offline  
Old Mar 16th 2019, 8:11 am
  #9  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 17
Magiscribe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Booking you dog with Air Transat - How Long to Confirm?? Been a week!!!

Originally Posted by Siouxie View Post
Yikes!

You would be expected to supply the paperwork, get a fit to fly certificate and supply the crate, of course - they are not a pet flight company, they are an international Cargo company, the arrangements are your responsibility, they just do the physical part of transporting from airport a to airport b.

I am shocked at the quote you received though as Air Transat are charging $275 from the UK to Canada as checked.baggage (they only have to go cargo if over 45k incl crate - or flying FROM Canada to the UK). https://www.airtransat.com/en-CA/Tra...d-service-dogs


the joys of Cargo!......
Magiscribe is offline  
Old Mar 16th 2019, 8:15 am
  #10  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 17
Magiscribe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Booking you dog with Air Transat - How Long to Confirm?? Been a week!!!

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick View Post
Must have been putting him in the business class seats!
I had one pet transport company quote me £2600.00!!!!!....( actual real life, no joke, quote).....I responded I only wanted to transport my dog safely not have her sat next to the Captain for duration of the journey eating caviar bones and sipping on Perrier water.......
Magiscribe is offline  
Old Mar 18th 2019, 8:33 pm
  #11  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2017
Location: Ontario
Posts: 188
Lichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Booking you dog with Air Transat - How Long to Confirm?? Been a week!!!

Hi we transported our Lab last year with Airtransat in checked Baggage I think it took around 10 days for them to confirm I was getting a bit stressed at the wait. Hope you hear soon.

That was business days
Lichisadave is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2019, 8:48 am
  #12  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 207
Lion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Booking you dog with Air Transat - How Long to Confirm?? Been a week!!!

Originally Posted by Lichisadave View Post
Hi we transported our Lab last year with Airtransat in checked Baggage I think it took around 10 days for them to confirm I was getting a bit stressed at the wait. Hope you hear soon.

That was business days
Just got confirmation yesterday. Took 10 days total. Appalling service from Air Transat...

In fact the is a Cargo company that handles all the cargo for Air Transat and quite a few other airlines too. The sole official agent. It's more likely them than Air Transat themselves, but either way terrible service all things considered.

They confirmed the spaCe for our dog was available. We paid in full. That should have been the end of it, all booked. Turns out that's just the start of a long and needless process !!
Lion Heart is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2019, 6:11 pm
  #13  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2017
Location: Ontario
Posts: 188
Lichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Booking you dog with Air Transat - How Long to Confirm?? Been a week!!!

We where lucky we didn’t need to use a company our dog was slightly over the weight but he fitted in an X-large crate which is under the max crate size for checked baggage. If it’s any consolation it was much less stressful than I imagined it would be.
Lichisadave is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.