Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Booked our currency exchange

Booked our currency exchange

Old Jun 12th 2009, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

cargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nice
Default Re: Booked our currency exchange

Its marvellous, I changed some money over last week with leaving it to the last minute and I only got 1.73 then I flew our last Tuesday. Its raining here in New Brunswick I got soaked today. You lot better bring some better weather
Old Jun 12th 2009, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

luvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud of

It's not much better here right now!
Old Jun 12th 2009, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

cargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nice

Originally Posted by luvmykids
It's not much better here right now!
My wife said they have had a lovely day back in the UK weather wise
Old Jun 12th 2009, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

AndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by cargomatic
30 degrees of sunshine in B.C
Old Jun 12th 2009, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AndyBCbound
30 degrees of sunshine in B.C
Yep you guys always get the better weather we have had 12 hours of rain. its just stopped
Old Jun 12th 2009, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

luvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cargomatic
We did have sun today. The first day in a good week as it's been raining. Apparently the rain returns tomorrow!
Old Jun 12th 2009, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

AndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by luvmykids
We did have sun today. The first day in a good week as it's been raining. Apparently the rain returns tomorrow!
One of the reasons for leaving the UK,it always rains tomorrow
Old Jun 13th 2009, 8:05 am
Wellington NS

budcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by AndyBCbound
The loonie is just half a cent of the 1.85 you wanted....came around sooner than i said currently 1.8466
I think i'll go and jump off a bridge......(just kidding)
Old Jun 15th 2009, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

As i said last week, the CAD is now at 1.85 and climbing, the week will be an important week for GBP against the CAD, This week Sterling sees a great deal of economic data including CPI and RPI tomorrow which will give a good indication on the direction of inflation within the British economy. On Wednesday the Bank of England minutes are due and if they show any signal of further quantative easing within the U.K economy we may possibly see GBP strengthen across the board yet again. When the BOE showed further stimulus packages on the horizon last month, the pound strengthened. We have retail sales due out on Thursday. This will also give an indication of personal consumption as inflation once again becomes a point of interest. For all those of you waiting to buy CAD hang in there and watch, you could get more than you bargained for this week especially come Thursday, set your foreign exchange accounts up now and be prepared to haggle, hope the info helps