Birth

Old Mar 16th 2014, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

gemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Birth

Just to add my two pence worth in, I'm in Calgary and even though as a Briyish person I believe you are given provincial healthcare straight away, I had a nightmare renewing my visitor permit after making a mistake initially, anyway it took months, all during the first 4 months of my pregnancy. It cost us thousands in appointments, scans and blood tests as until I had my permit I had no healthcare so wSnt covered. Luckily that's all sorted out now as we could have afforded any more and certainly couldn't afford an uninsured birth. I
Not sure if you think having a child over here would somehow benefit you in terms of rights to be here as it wouldn't, not until the child was an adult and could sponsor you as a pr. Until then the child only would have the right to stay here as a citizen, not the parents. Apologies if this has not crossed your mind but I'm just thinking anyone even considering paying such an astronomical amount for a birth, must think something's in it for them.
Old Mar 16th 2014, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

Markhollyjack is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gemmab1979
Just to add my two pence worth in, I'm in Calgary and even though as a Briyish person I believe you are given provincial healthcare straight away, I had a nightmare renewing my visitor permit after making a mistake initially, anyway it took months, all during the first 4 months of my pregnancy. It cost us thousands in appointments, scans and blood tests as until I had my permit I had no healthcare so wSnt covered. Luckily that's all sorted out now as we could have afforded any more and certainly couldn't afford an uninsured birth. I
Not sure if you think having a child over here would somehow benefit you in terms of rights to be here as it wouldn't, not until the child was an adult and could sponsor you as a pr. Until then the child only would have the right to stay here as a citizen, not the parents. Apologies if this has not crossed your mind but I'm just thinking anyone even considering paying such an astronomical amount for a birth, must think something's in it for them.
Haha I can assure you I did not think that...all I want is what is best for my children, we have been looking at moving since last June so have only just found out about the pregnancy which is why I still wanted to ask more about it
Old Mar 16th 2014, 6:30 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Markhollyjack
and you think im moving and jumping into things without consulting my wife, i think you are misunderstanding, i only asked how much it would cost me if we went and was not insured, i am not saying 100% we are moving i was simply asking if you could answer me without trying to jump down and shoot down anything you believe me to have said, also i have a job offer with lmo in comox, and the other post was just asking what security firms are in kelowna i could be in touch with,
What may be causing some confusion is this thread, which seems to me to indicate the company who has offered you a job ha snot got the LMO approved. Applying is one thing, getting approved is another. If they already have the LMO then it seems you should have a job, so long as you feel the pay is sufficient to support your family and cover your wife's medical bills.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=828604

This was also confusing and intimated that you were coming as a visitor hoping to get a job offer and the LMO approved all with in 6 months, which is unlikely. All very risky with a young family.

I know, I have 6 months to secure an lmo employment when I arrive, I have my immigration team helping me, I was just hoping someone knew someone that is someone haha that could help me
Maybe get another immigration agent to give you an opinion before jumping in, it seems to me like either you are misunderstanding the advice you have been given or it is inaccurate. Try this guy http://www.wildyimmigration.com/
Old Mar 16th 2014, 6:33 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Just to add my two pence worth in, I'm in Calgary and even though as a Briyish person I believe you are given provincial healthcare straight away,
This is incorrect, anyone who is here on a visitor permit will not get provincial health coverage, no matter where you come form. Legal residents will get coverage, wherever they come from, eligibility varies by province.
Old Mar 16th 2014, 6:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I have the job offer, who have said they will sort the lmo on completion of my bst training which I will be doing from the uk...if that makes sense

'Sort the LMO' means applying for one - something like half of all LMOs are refused though, are you aware of how tough they are to get unless you are in an occupation in demand? Tread very carefully, it seems the delightful Global Visas may have promised you something but hopefully now you're aware of how this is not going to be quick or easy, and how even if you get a LMO, you may well not be able to stay long term.

On the plus side, if you've got training to do and they haven't even applied for the LMO yet, there's no way you'll be out there before your baby is due, so at least you won't have to worry about that.
Old Mar 16th 2014, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

gemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to behold

Sorry I should have stated, as a visitor yes I was entitled to this, but only because my husband is here on a twp.
Old Mar 16th 2014, 6:47 pm

Sorry I should have stated, as a visitor yes I was entitled to this, but only because my husband is here on a twp.
If you were eligible for provincial healthcare and had to pay while it was sorted out, the health program should reimburse you for what you spent if the error was theirs.
Old Mar 17th 2014, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

Bella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond repute

I have looked into this extensively as I'm currently pregnant and we're waiting on a response to our Ontario PNP application. It shouldn't be too much longer I'd have thought another 8-10 weeks.

I'm due 4th July (currently 24 weeks) and when looking into insurance to cover if I had the baby early by some stroke of bad luck I couldn't find anything that would cover it. If I'd have bought and paid for a policy prior to finding out about the pregnancy then maybe but not with a "pre-existing" condition.

My concern was the "what if?" factor. You can never tell. I didn't want the additional stress on me, my husband or the baby so we've opted to stay put no matter when the baby arrives. Instead we have the hassle of a transatlantic move with a newborn but that's a whole other story.

Good luck and congratulations
Old Mar 17th 2014, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bella Cullen
I have looked into this extensively as I'm currently pregnant and we're waiting on a response to our Ontario PNP application. It shouldn't be too much longer I'd have thought another 8-10 weeks.

I'm due 4th July (currently 24 weeks) and when looking into insurance to cover if I had the baby early by some stroke of bad luck I couldn't find anything that would cover it. If I'd have bought and paid for a policy prior to finding out about the pregnancy then maybe but not with a "pre-existing" condition.

My concern was the "what if?" factor. You can never tell. I didn't want the additional stress on me, my husband or the baby so we've opted to stay put no matter when the baby arrives. Instead we have the hassle of a transatlantic move with a newborn but that's a whole other story.

Good luck and congratulations
Hi Bella if you are happy, please email me at <snip> so i can have a chat and discuss what you know and maybe what i should know, easier than going through on here

many thanks

Last edited by christmasoompa; Mar 17th 2014 at 2:04 pm. Reason: Email address removed.
Old Mar 17th 2014, 2:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bella if you are happy, please email me at <snip> so i can have a chat and discuss what you know and maybe what i should know, easier than going through on here

many thanks
I've removed your email address, as it's never a good idea to put personal info on a public forum, particularly an email address as it'll get picked up by every spambot and weirdo out there!

Bella (or anybody else) can contact you via the forum if they wish, although it's actually much more useful if you ask her questions on the forum so that others can benefit from the knowledge too - obviously not if it's of a personal nature though!
Old Mar 17th 2014, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I've removed your email address, as it's never a good idea to put personal info on a public forum, particularly an email address as it'll get picked up by every spambot and weirdo out there!

Bella (or anybody else) can contact you via the forum if they wish, although it's actually much more useful if you ask her questions on the forum so that others can benefit from the knowledge too - obviously not if it's of a personal nature though!
oh yeah, maybe not the best was it haha would have just been easier to discuss any other info i might have missed,
Old Mar 17th 2014, 2:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

oh yeah, maybe not the best was it haha would have just been easier to discuss any other info i might have missed,
And get 75 emails a day from Nigerian spammers forever more.

People can PM you via the forum, or click on the 'send an email' button which will get to your email address but without revealing it to them unless you choose to reply.

HTH.
Old Mar 18th 2014, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

CanadianDreams is an unknown quantity at this point

I moved to BC 16 weeks pregnant, we had our private insurance to cover us whilst waiting for MSP to kick in but did not cover anything pregnancy related such as blood tests, ultrasounds and attending the maternity clinic so I paid about $500 in the interim, but kept the receipts as I was able to claim a portion back on my following years tax return.
Good luck to you and your wife
Old Mar 18th 2014, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

Bella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond repute

I'm more than happy to answer any questions (If I can). Please pm me and I'll reply as soon as I can.
Old Mar 18th 2014, 5:34 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bella Cullen
I'm more than happy to answer any questions (If I can). Please pm me and I'll reply as soon as I can.
We encourage public posting of advice whenever possible as it may help someone else in the future.

Thanks.