Wikiposts

Bill payment

Old Aug 12th 2004, 2:18 am
newcommer

wandering bard is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bill payment

This thread is getting more hillarious by the minute!!

Anyway, shoppers drug mart would be good for me, since I have one close by. And I'll also check out the online thingie. Not getting "dinged" sounds good to me!
Old Aug 12th 2004, 2:35 am
#include

simonhouse is an unknown quantity at this point

I use Quicken for bookkeeping, and pay everything online.

For anybody who has never used Quicken - I highly recommend it. Amazing to project how much cash you'll have at any given time in the future, and I have never been late paying bills in over 2 years of using it!
Old Aug 12th 2004, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

I used to use quicken to keep track of stuff but when I started banking on line I got lazy and didnt bother to get the new version.

The only thing I found with Quicken was that I started to get loads and loads and loads of categories. If I had taken the time to get it organized it would have worked better for me.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 10:29 am
squarepants

For a minute there, I thought you said chicken, then I realised you are talking about the software program

Anyway....OP welcome to Ontario, the sooner you realise you are no more in BOSTON ( mass ? ), the better. People are right, for some reason, the post offices seem to be hidden in little stores, and at the back of card shops, must be a canadian thing. The canadian post boss just resigned today, after some corruption stuff, may be things will get better.

You have to start paying your bills online, it's the easiest way ( I don't mean direct debit ), as I can't stand someone else dipping their claws into my account when they feel like it. See back in the UK, we have cards from cable and gas companies that you can take into off licences to pay the bill, and it goes thru' instantly.

Stamps, air mails, do people still use those?

Old Aug 13th 2004, 4:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by squarepants
The canadian post boss just resigned today, after some corruption stuff, may be things will get better.
Some corruption stuff, or has he been reading this thread about hidden post offices?

Believe it or not but there are still some people out there that don't know anything about e-mail. They still use snail-mail.
Old Aug 13th 2004, 4:17 am
newcommer

wandering bard is an unknown quantity at this point

For a minute there, I thought you said chicken, then I realised you are talking about the software program

Anyway....OP welcome to Ontario, the sooner you realise you are no more in BOSTON ( mass ? ), the better. People are right, for some reason, the post offices seem to be hidden in little stores, and at the back of card shops, must be a canadian thing. The canadian post boss just resigned today, after some corruption stuff, may be things will get better.

You have to start paying your bills online, it's the easiest way ( I don't mean direct debit ), as I can't stand someone else dipping their claws into my account when they feel like it. See back in the UK, we have cards from cable and gas companies that you can take into off licences to pay the bill, and it goes thru' instantly.

Thanks for the welcome, squarepants!
I'm starting to realize I'm not in Boston anymore...
But people are nicer here, in general, although dairy products are much worse than down in Mass.... but I like it here!
Old Aug 13th 2004, 10:36 am
squarepants

I know what you mean about the dairy stuff, am one of those that suffer from side effects, when I take even a sip.

Originally Posted by wandering bard
Thanks for the welcome, squarepants!
I'm starting to realize I'm not in Boston anymore...
But people are nicer here, in general, although dairy products are much worse than down in Mass.... but I like it here!