big money exchanged???

Wikiposts

big money exchanged???

Old Aug 10th 2005, 7:52 am
Veronica W

Veron is an unknown quantity at this point
Default big money exchanged???

What is the best method for me changing my money (90k).. I heard that the
Canadian Consulate offers a better xchange than say the banks!! Is this true?

Veronica
Glasgow
Old Aug 10th 2005, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

Colsgirl has a spectacular aura aboutColsgirl has a spectacular aura aboutColsgirl has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: big money exchanged???

Originally Posted by Veron
What is the best method for me changing my money (90k).. I heard that the
Canadian Consulate offers a better xchange than say the banks!! Is this true?

Veronica
Glasgow
Hi Veronica,

We have opened an account with Moneycorp (www.moneycorp.com). But we aren't changing ours over until the rate goes up a bit. I looked yesterday and it was only about 2.14.

Louise
Old Aug 10th 2005, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

scotty71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Colsgirl
Hi Veronica,

We have opened an account with Moneycorp (www.moneycorp.com). But we aren't changing ours over until the rate goes up a bit. I looked yesterday and it was only about 2.14.

Louise
Likewise .. there's a nice little chart you can bring up on their site that lets you watch the trades going on .. it gets addictive tho .. Ok I know it's sad watching exchange rate fluctuations! :-)

It hit 2.18 a couple of times today which probably means they'd be offeriing around 2.16 .. definitely better than the bank rates ..

When I checked with the banks rate for transferring money, as opposed to the tourist rate Moneycorp were between 2 and 3 cents to the £ more .. that's a lot of $ on £90K ..
Old Aug 10th 2005, 10:18 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely use a currency exchange company.

We are using HIFX if you'd like an alternative to moneycorp.

Or there's xe.com?

Set up an account with them, and you can transfer your money whenever you like at the going rate, or I believe you can agree a rate in advance .. I'm sure somebody can tell you how that works. (blonde here)
Old Aug 10th 2005, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

Canada Bound is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Morwenna
Definitely use a currency exchange company.

We are using HIFX if you'd like an alternative to moneycorp.

Or there's xe.com?

Set up an account with them, and you can transfer your money whenever you like at the going rate, or I believe you can agree a rate in advance .. I'm sure somebody can tell you how that works. (blonde here)
Slight diversity Morwenna, any glimmer of hope with the house sale yet before we can start trading £'s into $'s. Nothing for us yet, hoping with the rate cut and once the school hol's draw to a close things will step up!
Good luck!!
Old Aug 10th 2005, 7:46 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Canada Bound
Slight diversity Morwenna, any glimmer of hope with the house sale yet before we can start trading £'s into $'s. Nothing for us yet, hoping with the rate cut and once the school hol's draw to a close things will step up!
Good luck!!
Short answer ...no

Longer answer, we are heading out to Calgary Sept 3rd to land, then I am leaving hubby and boys there and coming back to UK to work possibly til house sale finished (not that it's started yet).

We dropped the price again this week til I think this is really our bottom line. We told the agent we must find a buyer who can complete by end of September. We have two viewings booked. Oh I can hardly bear the thought of being here on my own and having to sort everything out, but it's best for the boys they go out and start schools, and hubby looks for work, while I can carry on working here to pay the mortgage.

Everything very emotional here, so much to do, and so little time to do it now.