Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Beware Futureshop/Best Buy receipt fading

Beware Futureshop/Best Buy receipt fading

Old Sep 27th 2006, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

neill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Beware Futureshop/Best Buy receipt fading

When making large purchases from either of these stores, PHOTOCOPY your receipts after purchase. Particularly if you purchase any extended warranties.

The thermal paper does not hold the ink very well by the looks of it.

I so happened to need a receipt that was 2 years old for an amp that has a 5 year warranty, and the proof-of-purchase is almost illegible.

I went back through ALL my futureshop purchases (aarrrggghhh! did i really spend that much!!!) and pretty much all the receipts are in a dire state. Not good if you need to claim on a warranty.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

CDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beware Futureshop/Best Buy receipt fading

I noticed that when I had to return by vcr/dvd player last year. However, they can look it up on their system too.

Cathie
Old Sep 27th 2006, 11:19 pm
Senile Member

Daedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond repute

Big chains like that usually have scanned in serial numbers of your machines in to their systems & will normally have a way of tracking it back to confirm sale date... one of the things that I prefered in Canada! PC World (nearest equivalent as far as I can tell) are terribly disorganised with their tracking systems. Bring in your faded receipt & just make sure to write the manufacturers part number & serial number of the item, whatever you can find on it basically, and put it on a seperate piece of paper, just to help them in tracking it & confirming the date of purchase
Old Sep 28th 2006, 12:31 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

ALSO! If you buy something with a mail in rebate, photocopy everything you send. We lost over $300 from a Best Buy promo - even though they sent us a letter saying we needed to send in more stuff - which we did. We never got the rebate and when we questioned it they said there was never any such offer. We are not stupid and we wouldn't have bought this laptop from Best buy at the 'original' price as we could have got it cheaper elsewhere for the 'original' price - it was the rebate that convinced us. Now if it's got a rebate on it - we don't buy it.