Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Best town to migrate to

Wikiposts

Best town to migrate to

Old Jan 16th 2009, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

tendailmoyo will become famous soon enoughtendailmoyo will become famous soon enough
Default Best town to migrate to

Any ideas which town is best for migrating and raising kids?

Last edited by tendailmoyo; Jan 16th 2009 at 6:34 am.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 9:15 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best town to migrate to

do you have a particular area of Canada in mind? I saw that you are awaiting a TWP, where is the job?
Old Jan 16th 2009, 9:21 am
No time for muppets!

Mikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tendailmoyo
Any ideas which town is best for migrating and raising kids?
Alliston, Ontario!!
Old Jan 16th 2009, 9:27 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikey B
Alliston, Ontario!!
No....Welland, Ontario
Old Jan 16th 2009, 9:28 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mikey B
Alliston, Ontario!!
It might very well be but...too long a commute, OP moving to Calgary I think.

To the OP Calgary itself works well for a lot of new arrivals other than that it's basically Okotoks, Cochrane or Airdrie.

If people are to move to the outlying towns most seem to gravitate to either Okotoks or Cochrane.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

tendailmoyo will become famous soon enoughtendailmoyo will become famous soon enough

Nikki-I am meant to be moving to Calgary area.I have a choice of 4 locations.Calgary,Okotoks,Stratmore and Aidrie.
Not sure if I should play it safe by going to SW Calgary since it is the capital.

Last edited by tendailmoyo; Jan 16th 2009 at 11:14 am.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 11:20 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tendailmoyo
Nikki-I am meant to be moving to Calgary area.I have a choice of 4 locations.Calgary,Okotoks,Stratmore and Aidrie.
Not sure if I should play it safe by going to SW Calgary since it is the capital.
Not Airdrie.

Okotoks and SW Calgary in that order appear to be regular choices.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Sam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud of

For the kids I would choose Okotoks
Old Jan 16th 2009, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Little D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud of

SW Calgary far more convenient than Okotoks. Some nice neighbourhoods and very convenient for shops, public transit, commuting etc. We moved to Evergreen in the SW from Okotoks as we got fed up with the additional commute involved.