Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

The best posts EVER...

The best posts EVER...

Old Jun 19th 2008, 11:49 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The best posts EVER...

Originally Posted by DebbieK
I love this whole discussion... I am sure I am not alone in wanting to come to Canada because it still has beauty and space to breath...
In some places, yes, but why not move to the Outer Hebrides so as to have a similar experience but with easy access to sophistication?
Old Jun 19th 2008, 11:51 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DebbieK
I love this whole discussion... I am sure I am not alone in wanting to come to Canada because it still has beauty and space to breath... I am not interested in big machines and gadgets, and have actually discussed with my husband the option of downsizing, rather than going for the bigger house. Mind you with the falling house market here we may not actually have any choice in the end, but hey, that was going to be our choice anyway!
Try breathing in the GTA during the summer.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 12:10 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
In some places, yes, but why not move to the Outer Hebrides so as to have a similar experience but with easy access to sophistication?

One of Mrs AX and my favourite places in the world is a B&B in the Outer Hebrides run by an eccentric character called Richard. http://www.bailenacille.com/ We did idly toy with moving there but there's even less to do than in rural Canada other than gaze at the scenery, which as a wise man once said 'you can't eat'.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 12:16 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
One of Mrs AX and my favourite places in the world is a B&B in the Outer Hebrides run by an eccentric character called Richard. http://www.bailenacille.com/ We did idly toy with moving there but there's even less to do than in rural Canada other than gaze at the scenery, which as a wise man once said 'you can't eat'.
Please avoid bringing that B&B to my OH's attention!

Yes, the problem with the UK is that the scenery is up there and the jobs in the crowded, dirty, bits. Not like Canada, oh no, not at all.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Our next door neighbours in the UK were from the Outer Hebrides, their take on the place was "Och me goi glah fucs dah twa lochh gamuld fok all ta doo shite cold an' grommy wata in boots ach tha nah", I translated that to be "I would rather be here in the south of England thank you very much".
Old Jun 20th 2008, 4:43 pm
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daft batty
That's all northeners eat isnt it? That and chips. I know I do
Yup - Although I suppose I am a north east midlander (Mansfield-ish way)
Old Jun 20th 2008, 4:44 pm
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Try breathing in the GTA during the summer.
Simple answer. Dont move there