Reload this Page >

best place for rugby in canada

best place for rugby in canada

Old Jan 15th 2007, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

Emmess is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: best place for rugby in canada

Hello rugby people

Rugby is available all over Canada. I coach in Calgary where the city and provincial competitions take place between May and September. This is the case for most of Canada due to the weather. BC have a winter season and by far the best club competion. The superleague mentioned above is at best a representation of rugby outside BC.
Rugby here is very much the same as rugby in the UK outside the professional game, with great social facilities and access to awesome networking opportunities. I know this may not be applicable to a junior player but it will guarantee an instant circle of friends (some in whom will be invariably of Welsh descent!)
Good luck with finding a club, tournaments like the Banff 10s and Jasper 7s are a privilege to attend.
Old Jan 16th 2007, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

suebed is a name known to allsuebed is a name known to allsuebed is a name known to allsuebed is a name known to allsuebed is a name known to allsuebed is a name known to allsuebed is a name known to allsuebed is a name known to allsuebed is a name known to allsuebed is a name known to allsuebed is a name known to all

Originally Posted by aroncai
Thanks all for your replies - good to know rugby's well aand kicking in Canada. If i did move out there, the wife would miss Coronation st and Emerdale, ide be glad to see the back of it ,

Lynn

Coronation Street is on in Canada (Mike Baldwin just died recently). Emmerdale used to be but I'm not sure if it still is or not. Sorry.
Old Jan 16th 2007, 6:37 am
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all

(I hope I'm not making a gender-biased assumption here....if this is Kelly, ooops![/QUOTE]

You're cool mate it was me

Kell's son is a big Leigh Centurians, fan so I was kinda hoping there was some kind of League network around TO. Not to worry, within a few months he'll be playing Baseball and Football (real football) and forget about the great game that is Rugby League

See ya soon mate!!

D