Reload this Page >

The best place to live in Canada

The best place to live in Canada

Old May 13th 2010, 7:04 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The best place to live in Canada

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
I like John Denver too. It's okay.

Though this probably means we're the same person using multiple IDs.
All three of us.
Old May 13th 2010, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

canadablade is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
I was sufficiently intrigued by that word to look it up.

"Missiology is the area of practical theology that investigates the mandate, message, and work of the Christian missionary. Missiology is a multi-disciplinary and cross-cultural reflection on all aspects of the propagation of the Christian faith, embracing theology, anthropology, history, geography, theories and methods of communication, comparative religion, Christian apologetics, methodology, and interdenominational relations.

Because missiology considers both the positive and the negative consequences, as well as the strategies of the spread of Christianity, missiology also touches on the environmental impact of evangelization and charitable work, including practical facets of international politics and economic development.

One goal of missiology is to distinguish between practices that are essential to Christianity which must be practiced by Christians in all cultures, and other strictly cultural expressions of Christianity that can vary between societies while still expressing the Christian faith."

You learn something new every day.
Try misological next, my spelling is poor
Old May 13th 2010, 7:17 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by canadablade
What is perpertrating?
Old May 13th 2010, 7:26 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

There are plenty of posters with no hatred of arguing here, trust me

Slagging off posters is not the same thing as reasoned argument by the way... ALL TOGETHER NOW....

Originally Posted by rule #1
Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult or personal attack.

Last edited by iaink; May 13th 2010 at 7:28 pm.
Old May 13th 2010, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

canadablade is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by iaink
There are plenty of posters with no fear of arguing here, trust me

Slagging off posters is not the same thing as reasoned argument by the way
You got the point then.
Old May 13th 2010, 7:31 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

"Misology - the fear or distrust of reason or logic."

That was a new word for me too, thanks. I initially thought it was to do with the study of bean curd soups.
Old May 13th 2010, 7:33 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

You got the point then.
Hopefully so did you....
Old May 13th 2010, 7:56 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
"Misology - the fear or distrust of reason or logic."

That was a new word for me too, thanks. I initially thought it was to do with the study of bean curd soups.
So sort of like religion but more honest ?

So a Misologist is like a BE member ?
Old May 14th 2010, 2:12 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133

Always makes me laugh when people badmouth Winnipeg - its a great city!! More often than not its people who live in southern On, Alberta or Vancouver area, Im sure people in the 'peg are really upset in there 4 bed 2 bath detatched homes that cost the same as a condo in the above mentioned. (which probably do actually have heating)

By the way Moncton is dire so dont come here
Old May 14th 2010, 2:19 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alex2201
Hi, I have only been here in Moncton for two weeks so cant give you anything in depth but my first impressions are good.

It does not seem to have any slums here
There seems to be most things that you could want here in the way of shops, restaurants and general entertainment.

The people seem easy to get on with and have been helpfull so far, made a couple of mates in the pub, got invited to to the hockey last night.

The only real negetive so far is the beer is really expensive!!!

By the way Moncton is dire so dont come here
What went wrong between posts?
Old May 14th 2010, 5:43 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133

Nothing - Moncton is really dreadful - honestly - the people here are terrible - there is lots of crappy areas of town and they are going to use it for biological weapons testing starting next week so no one else needs to rush to move here
Old May 14th 2010, 8:01 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Ah...you're trying to keep others from spoiling the place then.
Old May 14th 2010, 9:05 pm
Nova Scotia

MrBeaver has a brilliant futureMrBeaver has a brilliant futureMrBeaver has a brilliant futureMrBeaver has a brilliant futureMrBeaver has a brilliant futureMrBeaver has a brilliant futureMrBeaver has a brilliant futureMrBeaver has a brilliant future

Biological weapons testing ! O.O wtf?
Old May 14th 2010, 9:07 pm
Account Closed

yep! dont want anymore of them foreign types round here!!

Dont suppose you know if any of the pubs are showing the cup final?
Old May 14th 2010, 10:20 pm
Oscar nominated

Dont suppose you know if any of the pubs are showing the cup final?
When I asked that question, people suggested the Irish pubs. Nobody suggested the sports bars.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.