Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Best place in Canada to move to?

Best place in Canada to move to?

Old Mar 4th 2013, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

AbbieClements will become famous soon enoughAbbieClements will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Best place in Canada to move to?

Originally Posted by bats
I think you are setting yourself up for disappointment. Too high expectations of what a new life can do for you. Your mental baggage will go wherever you do.
That I may be but I am not on here for people to tell me what might be or might not be good. I am only interested in seeing what people think about different areas of Canada to help make a decision on where to visit.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

AbbieClements will become famous soon enoughAbbieClements will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Alan2005
I think you should temper your romanticism with a modicum of realism.
Good input
Old Mar 4th 2013, 6:00 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Ignore the sarcasm AC.
Its difficult when you are at the start of this.. you are putting feelers out to know where to even start.
Take what you need from the Forum, theres lots of good advice on here.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 6:05 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flossie and Jim
As some others have suggested, do the ice visa first -
Typo of the century so far.

Old Mar 4th 2013, 6:07 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AbbieClements
That I may be but I am not on here for people to tell me what might be or might not be good. I am only interested in seeing what people think about different areas of Canada to help make a decision on where to visit.
Good for you. Not as if anyone is trying to help you. Don't come to Ontario as there are no mountains.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 6:07 pm
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Typo of the century so far.

Sorry, couldn't be arsed to do caps.

Last edited by Flossie and Jim; Mar 4th 2013 at 6:59 pm. Reason: or spell the letters the right way round...doh!
Old Mar 4th 2013, 6:12 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
Good for you. Not as if anyone is trying to help you. Don't come to Ontario as there are no mountains.
I spent all weekend at "mighty mount batawa".

I think my best time was 17sec from top to bottom

Took longer than that to get the racing bib off again at the bottom
Attached Thumbnails Best place in Canada to move to?-dsc00827.jpg  

Last edited by iaink; Mar 4th 2013 at 6:14 pm.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 6:13 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flossie and Jim
Sorry, couldn't be arsed to do caps.
"Ice caps" or "IEC" caps
Old Mar 4th 2013, 6:33 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

What, Halifax and gorgeous?
Indeed. Don't get me wrong I have visited Halifax on a lot of occasions and enjoyed it but would never in any drug fuelled stupa describe it as gorgeous.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 6:56 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

But is Halifax "THE" best place to live in Canada?
Old Mar 4th 2013, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Might be the best in someone's eyes. That's why I want opinions!
Old Mar 4th 2013, 7:02 pm

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Might be the best in someone's eyes. That's why I want opinions!
Interesting just to see where is "The Best place" in the eyes of BE
Old Mar 4th 2013, 7:02 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

For the people that chose to live and work there I expect it is. Just like I live in the best part of Canada for me.

Of course when I came here, this area had recently been chosen by the "Ontario Social Development Council" as the best place to live in Ontario, and Ontario was the best province in Canada, and Canada was perenially ranked #1 in the UN Human Development Index, so never mind being "the best place in Canada", it was quite literally (and probably inaccurately) "the best place in the world"

Whether Quintes subsequent fall from grace can be entirely attributed to my arrival here has yet to be proven...
Old Mar 4th 2013, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by iaink
For the people that chose to live and work there I expect it is. Just like I live in the best part of Canada for me.

Of course when I came here this area had recently been chosen by the "Ontario Social Development Council" as the best place to live in Ontario, and Ontario was the best province in Canada, and Canada was perenially ranked #1 in the UN Human Development Index, so never mind being "the best place in Canada", it was quite literally (and probably inaccurately) "the best place in the world"

Err no!!!! I live in the best part, and so does my wife!!!!
Old Mar 4th 2013, 7:05 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Err no!!!! I live in the best part, and so does my wife!!!!
You cant prove that, but Ive seen the certificates for Quinte

Its all bollox of course, these rankings usually are.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.