Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Which is the best part of Canaada to immigrate with 3 kids ?

Which is the best part of Canaada to immigrate with 3 kids ?

Old Oct 13th 2004, 10:47 pm
Glaswegian

Default Re: Which is the best part of Canaada to immigrate with 3 kids ?

Originally Posted by Higgy
oh and by the way Glas...Yes it does always rain here one of the main reasons i want out of the place. My skins starting to leak!
Brings back memories of going to Butlins in Ayr as a kid ... the Glaswegian tourists would turn up with rainwear and umbrellas ... the English tourists had that "what the ..." look when they arrived and took one look at us

I wonder if talk about -35C temperatures and snow in June will bring back good childhood memories for my kids when they're older

Old Oct 14th 2004, 12:34 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Higgy
oh and by the way Glas...Yes it does always rain here one of the main reasons i want out of the place. My skins starting to leak!
Thought you were talking about Coastal BC for a minute...different sort of "skin" though
Old Oct 14th 2004, 1:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by iaink
Thought you were talking about Coastal BC for a minute...different sort of "skin" though
Sure sounds like the weather Victoria's been having for the past 2 weeks with lots of fog.....finally the past 2 days - mornings cloudy and cold; but by afternoon sunny and 18c - very nice....still picking raspberies and strawberries albeit not as tasty as the first crop.........we're pruned for life........
Old Oct 14th 2004, 2:26 am
Glaswegian

Originally Posted by willmore
Sure sounds like the weather Victoria's been having for the past 2 weeks with lots of fog.....finally the past 2 days - mornings cloudy and cold; but by afternoon sunny and 18c - very nice....still picking raspberies and strawberries albeit not as tasty as the first crop.........we're pruned for life........
Sunny and 22C here today ...

Old Oct 14th 2004, 4:03 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

I guess you are all used to the rain there, and are keeping your skins dry (nothing like adding to the BC drug culture cliche for no good reason)

Weather here similar to yours today, still enjoying a bit of an indian summer, had a fantastic eery mist rising 10 feet above the river this morning, quite the sight. Looked really cool from the top of the ridge looking down on it too. Nice in the afternoon, more like 15 here though, change is coming .

On the bright side the trees here are finaly putting on a bit of a show, will take pics soon I promise! Had friends come back from Ottawa on Hwy7 north of here yesterday who said the colours along there were fantastic.

Havent had fresh Strawberries here since July/ August

Originally Posted by willmore
Old Oct 14th 2004, 1:44 pm
Glaswegian

It's starting to cool down here today ... the first rain in ages ... we're promised a HIGH of -10C with snow for early next week ... looks like it's cooling down nicely for Halloween!

We're promised snow flurries ... for anyone in the UK that means a few inches.

Old Oct 14th 2004, 4:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

.[/QUOTE]

-10c with snow!!.......that will sure put the boys in the hockey spirit for the season if they're not already..........the enthusiasm kids have is sometimes overwhelming isn't it. My little guy 4 plays puck-up hockey twice a week with other kids and dads - he absolutely loves it....and wants to go every day at 6am......

I take rain any day....although it was really foggy early this morning - looks like another realy beautiful day for us - 15c....
Old Oct 15th 2004, 2:01 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

Pissing down here today, Willmore would feel right at home so not good conditions for pretty pics. Anyway, I posted a couple of second rate ones I took at the weekend in the gallery, plus one of lunch on the go!

http://britishexpats.com/photopost/s...0&ppuser=16059

Iain

Last edited by iaink; Oct 16th 2004 at 6:34 pm.
Old Oct 16th 2004, 6:33 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Added a couple more pics taken today. They dont really do the scene justice.
Old Oct 16th 2004, 10:31 pm
Glaswegian

Just starting to see a few flakes of snow ... should drop down to -8C tonight ... we're meant to get 2cm to 4cm overnight ... that only counts as 'flurries'.

It's meant to snow right through to Thursday ... by which time we should be getting 'light snow" ... time to dig out the snow boots and shovels

I've got 7:30am hockey tomorrow (I'm not complaining ... at least it isn't 6:30am) ... I'll try to get some "pristine snow" piccies in the morning.

Old Oct 17th 2004, 1:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

QUOTE]

That is SO romantic......the first snowfall of the year - I can just picture you and Mrs G going for a walk around the block with the snow lightly falling and crunching as you walk......sounds like it's just out of a romantic novel....(just teasing)

Don't forget the pictures if you have time - would love to see them.

Snow still has to be better than the cold weather we're having....sun for about 2 hours today and then cloudy and cold - really damp.

My husband can certainly sympathize with you except he has no choice - 6:30am 3x a week - sure glad he's the man of the house and volunteered for this.......heheheh
Old Oct 17th 2004, 1:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by iaink
Added a couple more pics taken today. They dont really do the scene justice.
Iain your pictures are beautiful. My parents just came back from your area - and told me that they thought this was the best year yet for leaf colour.

Tried to karma you but couldn't.

Keep the pictures coming - really miss that!!
Old Oct 18th 2004, 2:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Why the fnck is this thread still alive?

I know. This threads gives us the candidates for a poll about going off-topic.
Old Oct 18th 2004, 2:58 pm
Glaswegian

Originally Posted by Toontje

That's fighting talk ...

Old Oct 18th 2004, 3:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Toontje

That's a good idea......but I think we've already done the off-topic.

But since McGrouch is bored and has SO much time on his hands......he's the perfect candidate to suggest, set-up, monitor, and analyse the poll results.

OR he could always help with me with my litle presentation on tidal pools that I have to do for a group of 4 year olds in my little guy's class, or maybe he would come and actually do the presentation hehehe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.