Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

BEST MONTH 4 CHEAP FLIGHTS TO ENGLAND

BEST MONTH 4 CHEAP FLIGHTS TO ENGLAND

Old Dec 16th 2008, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

ENGLANDIA will become famous soon enough
Default BEST MONTH 4 CHEAP FLIGHTS TO ENGLAND

Hello friends, i want to go back home to england to visit family/friends in 2009.
I have my own sm business + can go anytime in the year .
What months of the year r flites normally @ lowedt fares + which websites links have the best deals . What sort of price am i likely to pay during the low fare periods.
Would be very grateful for any info please.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 12:12 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BEST MONTH 4 CHEAP FLIGHTS TO ENGLAND

Canadian Affair in May always struck me as a bargain.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 12:32 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ENGLANDIA
Hello friends, i want to go back home to england to visit family/friends in 2009.
What months of the year r flites normally @ lowedt fares + which websites links have the best deals . What sort of price am i likely to pay during the low fare periods.
Not a lot of help, but you have just missed a BA & AC sale. A lot depends on if you go charter or scheduled. Low season is usually the lowest cost of scheduled, then shoulder and then high. Broadly divided in times of year, although the popular times, such as Christmas & summer are the most expensive. Seats are sol in classes (pax don't see this though), so the lowest priced goes on sale first, as they sell out, the next class goes on sale at a higher price and so on. The closer you get to departure, the more you will likley pay.

With sales popping up all the time right now best to check the airline web sites regularly. Charters are cheaper, but you get what you pay for. If you are not bothered about going direct, a number of airlines can take you through hubs in the US and other parts of Europe. This usually involves changing aircraft and up to double the travel time though.

The cheapest fare is not always the most pleasurable traveling experience.

Last edited by Aviator; Dec 17th 2008 at 12:41 am.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 1:04 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

I found I preferred Air Transat as long as I made sure to get their own flights not Thomas Cook aircraft.

Try their deals page Air Transat Flight Deals
Old Dec 17th 2008, 3:01 am
Banned

startwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond repute

BA currently has a Friends & Family fare offer which is really cheap. You have to book my Dec 31st, complete travel by May 25th. I booked for May, got the actual fare for $25 each way, plus all the taxes and surcharges, upgraded to World Traveller Plus, and paid just over $800 for return from Vancouver. Great deal, which not too many know about, and only available on BA.com.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 3:10 am
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by startwin
BA currently has a Friends & Family fare offer which is really cheap. You have to book my Dec 31st, complete travel by May 25th. I booked for May, got the actual fare for $25 each way, plus all the taxes and surcharges, upgraded to World Traveller Plus, and paid just over $800 for return from Vancouver. Great deal, which not too many know about, and only available on BA.com.
Any chance of a link to the page at all? Can't seem to find any reference to this friends and family fare on ba.com

Cheers
Flossie
Old Dec 17th 2008, 4:00 am
Banned

startwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully this link works. I got it via email from BA because I fly with them regularly.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...o_Code=FAMDISC
Old Dec 17th 2008, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by startwin
I take it that $800 is for 1 adult return . So summer + xmas is a high fare period but during which months is it a low fare.
Any other websites i can start looking out for cheap deals
Old Dec 17th 2008, 10:30 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

According the email that popped up in my inbox this morning, AC has a sale on for tickets right through to the end of 2009.

It's not a "real" sale, of course. I bought an Ottawa-London ticket for February just three days ago, so I'm able to do some comparison shopping. The seat price is identical. All AC has done is cut the fuel surcharge.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 10:59 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Canadian Affair is advertising $99 and $129 one ways for the first few months of 2009.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

does it work out cheaper if i fly to toronto + get flights from there as there seems to be more flights to uk .
Old Dec 17th 2008, 3:55 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

does it work out cheaper if i fly to toronto + get flights from there as there seems to be more flights to uk .
Where from?
Old Dec 17th 2008, 3:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

You want us to say that all Thursdays in April are 40% cheaper or sth... it doesn't work like that. Where are you going from, and to? If you're not going to be using charters, sign up for Kayak.com 's fare alert and trend service - you can see the fluctuations yourself.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry , i want to depart from vancouver + i want to take my 9 yr old son with me .He wants to visit the CN tower in Toronto so we would like to travel via toronto .
Old Dec 18th 2008, 1:52 am
BE Enthusiast

bandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I'm travelling back to the UK in May for a wedding - also from Vancouver to London (either Gatwick or Heathrow).

Haven't looked into flights yet as haven't finalised what dates I want to fly.

Keep me posted on your search (however I want to go direct!)

Bx