Reload this Page >

Best Indian in Winnipeg

Wikiposts

Best Indian in Winnipeg

Old Mar 6th 2009, 3:24 am
Get me to Canada fast!!

khuppe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best Indian in Winnipeg

Hi there was wondering if anyone would know the best indian in Winnipeg as we are looking to go to one over the weekend... any advice or any other decent restaurants please let me know
Old Mar 6th 2009, 3:35 am
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Best Indian in Winnipeg

Originally Posted by khuppe
Hi there was wondering if anyone would know the best indian in Winnipeg as we are looking to go to one over the weekend... any advice or any other decent restaurants please let me know
The only one I've heard of is called "East India Company". It started in Winnipeg years ago and I've been to the one in Ottawa about 10 times...it is a cut above your standard indian restaurant with the awful wallpaper etc.

http://www.eastindiaco.com/about.htm
Old Mar 6th 2009, 3:42 am
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clynnog
The only one I've heard of is called "East India Company". It started in Winnipeg years ago and I've been to the one in Ottawa about 10 times...it is a cut above your standard indian restaurant with the awful wallpaper etc.

http://www.eastindiaco.com/about.htm
Clay oven or the one on ellice (cant remember the name)
Old Mar 6th 2009, 3:42 am
BE Enthusiast

snowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud of

I have heard good and bad reports of charisma (on sherbrook).
Old Mar 6th 2009, 3:49 am
Jedi

andrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond repute

The Ivory restuarant by the Forks is a clear winner for me.

A trip to East India co. is usually followed by a trip to Shoppers for some Pepto.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 3:59 am
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowshoveller
I have heard good and bad reports of charisma (on sherbrook).
I never liked charisma...

I have not tried Ivory because my wife didn't enjoy it when she went.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

tobapaul is an unknown quantity at this point

we haven't yet found an indian restaurant in Winnipeg with food as tasty as an "english indian restaurant"
Maybe the restaurants here are more authentic? Our local has chefs direct from india - I remember a documentary in the UK where they said nearly all Indian restaurants in England are actually Pakistani run.

We may be making a trip to Brandon as we have found out that there is an Indian restaurant there run by guys from Dagenham
Old Mar 6th 2009, 4:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrewrb143
The Ivory restuarant by the Forks is a clear winner for me.

A trip to East India co. is usually followed by a trip to Shoppers for some Pepto.
The Ivory the neighbors went there for the office christmas party, they all got food poisening... Ive been 1 time and got the shits,,,
Is trial and error here in the peg
Old Mar 6th 2009, 4:16 am
Get me to Canada fast!!

khuppe is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL....well this isnt sounding good for my Indian craving!
Old Mar 6th 2009, 4:27 am
BE Enthusiast

snowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by khuppe
LOL....well this isnt sounding good for my Indian craving!
Absence makes the heart grow fonder -

incidentally, I have been cured of my occasional curry habit during my recent trip to the UK, where I was served the worlds worst balti - I actually had to spit it out it was so disgusting in best gordon ramsey style - and I left the restaurant! I may never enter another curry house!

Last edited by snowshoveller; Mar 6th 2009 at 4:28 am. Reason: syntax error
Old Mar 6th 2009, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

ADAMC is an unknown quantity at this point

You just don't get the variety here as you do in England, most Indian's I've been too only have a handful of options. I ended up buying an Indian cookbook in McNally Robinson and conjuring up my own eastern delights. India Spice House on Pembina has a great selection of spices etc.

If it's decent spicy food you're after, there's a Caribbean place in the Forks, excellent Rotis and Jerk. There's also a Sri Lankan place there that also has a full size restaurant in the Exchange (179 Bannatyne).

There's also the Tandoori Hut on Corydon, it's fairly new and I haven't been there yet so maybe worth a trip.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 4:54 am
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

Clay Oven is our favorite Indian, our favorite overall is of course my wifes restaurant The Brit Cafe at 2615 Portage

Clay Oven Restaurant
240-1600, Kenaston Common
Winnipeg, MB
R3P 0Y4
Phone: 204-888-2529
We are Closed Sundays

Our Second Location Address:
Clay Oven Restaurant
1825, Inkster Blvd.
Winnipeg, MB
R2X 1R3
Phone: 204-942-2529
We are closed Mondays
Old Mar 6th 2009, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MB-Realtor
Clay Oven is our favorite Indian, our favorite overall is of course my wifes restaurant The Brit Cafe at 2615 Portage

Clay Oven Restaurant
240-1600, Kenaston Common
Winnipeg, MB
R3P 0Y4
Phone: 204-888-2529
We are Closed Sundays

Our Second Location Address:
Clay Oven Restaurant
1825, Inkster Blvd.
Winnipeg, MB
R2X 1R3
Phone: 204-942-2529
We are closed Mondays
Oooh thats was a cheap plug mate
Old Mar 6th 2009, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

ADAMC is an unknown quantity at this point

All this talk of food is making me hungry... I'm off to find something spicy for lunch!
Old Mar 6th 2009, 5:19 am

dboy is an unknown quantity at this point

As my old man used to say, A good curry burns twice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.