Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Best city for surviving zombie apocalypse

Best city for surviving zombie apocalypse

Old Mar 21st 2023, 9:44 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Best city for surviving zombie apocalypse

Obviously something to consider when choosing where to live. And carry on living.

And the winner is...
Old Mar 22nd 2023, 10:27 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best city for surviving zombie apocalypse

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Obviously something to consider when choosing where to live. And carry on living.

And the winner is...
Deadmonton makes perfect sense.
Old Mar 27th 2023, 6:33 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat143 scrubbedexpat143 scrubbedexpat143 scrubbedexpat143 scrubbedexpat143 scrubbedexpat143 scrubbedexpat143 scrubbedexpat143 scrubbedexpat143 scrubbedexpat143 scrubbedexpat143

How's about Bacchus Marsh in Victoria (Australia, not British Columbia).

Fifty kilometers from Melbourne, 25 trains every day. Absolutely nothing ever happens here. My friends have lived there since 2012 and tell me it's like being a resident in the Melbourne General Cemetery, excepting that the MCG is busier on weekends.

More seriously now. Our media tell us (if we can believe anything they say) Australia will be one of the safest places to live in when the apocalypse eventually destroys the world as we know it. Which may not be entirely a bad thing, but that's getting away from the base topic, so let's not say any more...

I'm not a resident, and the one and only problem I can see with "the Mars" as the locals like to call it, and yes, it's a different planet, in fact likely an alternate universe, is there is an oversupply of zombies already there.

Onward. This one (following) I couldn't resist -

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Deadmonton makes perfect sense.
I had quite expected Deadmundston, New Brunswick to have carried off the first prize...

Last edited by scrubbedexpat143; Mar 27th 2023 at 6:35 am.
Old Mar 27th 2023, 7:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JDWoowoo50
How's about Bacchus Marsh in Victoria (Australia, not British Columbia).

Fifty kilometers from Melbourne, 25 trains every day. Absolutely nothing ever happens here. My friends have lived there since 2012 and tell me it's like being a resident in the Melbourne General Cemetery, excepting that the MCG is busier on weekends.

More seriously now. Our media tell us (if we can believe anything they say) Australia will be one of the safest places to live in when the apocalypse eventually destroys the world as we know it. Which may not be entirely a bad thing, but that's getting away from the base topic, so let's not say any more...

I'm not a resident, and the one and only problem I can see with "the Mars" as the locals like to call it, and yes, it's a different planet, in fact likely an alternate universe, is there is an oversupply of zombies already there.

Onward. This one (following) I couldn't resist -

I had quite expected Deadmundston, New Brunswick to have carried off the first prize...
I don't know about that and if you look it up, there have also been stabbings in Bacchus Marsh in recent years, a police officer struck by driver who wanted to avoid a roadside breath test, the usual arson, gas explosions in 2018, shooting with two people charged with murder in 2016 etc. That would still be more than nothing for me.
Old Apr 19th 2023, 1:54 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat143 scrubbedexpat143 scrubbedexpat143 scrubbedexpat143 scrubbedexpat143 scrubbedexpat143 scrubbedexpat143 scrubbedexpat143 scrubbedexpat143 scrubbedexpat143 scrubbedexpat143

Originally Posted by Moses2013
I don't know about that and if you look it up, there have also been stabbings in Bacchus Marsh in recent years, a police officer struck by driver who wanted to avoid a roadside breath test, the usual arson, gas explosions in 2018, shooting with two people charged with murder in 2016 etc. That would still be more than nothing for me.
All normal everyday stuff in Australia. Nothing new, nothing to see here.

If you go by the local weekly newspaper known as The Weekly Cat Litter Tray Liner), the most exiting thing to happen there in recent times was the annual pick your own strawberry weekend festival. But hey, this is Australia, folks!
Old Apr 19th 2023, 2:49 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JDWoowoo50
All normal everyday stuff in Australia. Nothing new, nothing to see here.

If you go by the local weekly newspaper known as The Weekly Cat Litter Tray Liner), the most exiting thing to happen there in recent times was the annual pick your own strawberry weekend festival. But hey, this is Australia, folks!
After 20 years in the land of the Stepford Wives, I think there are many places in Australia that would be perfect starting points for a Zombie Apocalypse. The only problem would be telling the difference between the zombies and the locals.............

Old Apr 19th 2023, 3:23 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
After 20 years in the land of the Stepford Wives, I think there are many places in Australia that would be perfect starting points for a Zombie Apocalypse. The only problem would be telling the difference between the zombies and the locals.............

Old Apr 19th 2023, 7:14 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse

I'm sure you know plenty of the places I'm thinking of
Old Apr 20th 2023, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

ribblerider is an unknown quantity at this point

CN tower..... But are there even stairs to get up and down?

Of course it would be zombie hell down below and supplies up there may not last that long.... Still a great view and fun with a sniper rifle picking the zombies off...