Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Best/cheapest parking near YVR

Best/cheapest parking near YVR

Old Jun 5th 2017, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Best/cheapest parking near YVR

Hello just wondering what the best parking option is near YVR (other than actual airport parking) if going on hols for just over 2 weeks.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Old Jun 5th 2017, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best/cheapest parking near YVR

There is the Airport's own main parking, plus JetSet Parking and Park 'N' Fly. There are no other parking-only options that I know of. JetSet is the airport. Park'N'Fly is a separate company (I think its that way round ).

JetSet has a BCAA discount (quite a good percentage) or there's Ebates cashback.

The other option is 'hotel and park' - do you need an overnight stay? Holiday Inn, Travelodge and Sheraton do it. There might be others.

Last edited by withabix; Jun 5th 2017 at 3:23 pm.
Old Jun 5th 2017, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the names Withabix. No we live in North Vancouver just debating whether a taxi at least back home after the trip might be the cheaper option although there are 5 of us (we could go to YVR on transit).
Old Jun 5th 2017, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

The Skytrain will cost you an extra $5 each on your way back from the airport (you probably know that anyway).

Still beats parking costs, as your return fares would come to $80 (or less) for all five of you, plus whatever you need to get to/from Lonsdale Quay.

Luggage is the only hassle. Canada Line trains have lots more space than the other lines. Waterfront station transfer is a bit of a pain as you have to go up to ground level, on to the main concourse and back down again.

My vote would be Seabus/Skytrain.

Last edited by withabix; Jun 5th 2017 at 3:58 pm.
Old Jun 5th 2017, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks ... it's the luggage and feeling tired factor on the way back. We would get the Canada Line then a bus (we don't need to do the seabus).

Thanks again. My husband would agree with you. The 16 year old not so much!
Old Jun 5th 2017, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

A taxi is about $60-70 in my experience. We usually take transit one way and cab the other way. 4 days parking is about $80 so that's usually the length when we decide to taxi/transit.
Old Jun 5th 2017, 7:05 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I would do transit if the flight times match up during operating hours.

Not sure how it all works with the new compass cards, but in the past you could buy a ticket at the pharmasave located in the domestic terminal on the lower level below baggage claim to avoid the $5 add fare from YVR as only the machines at the station charged the add fare, might still be able to do that.

Some hotels also offer park and fly, stay 1 night before your trip and get x amount of parking included, sometimes it works out a bit cheaper, but really depends on what the hotel rates are at the time and if there are any good deals.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Jun 5th 2017 at 7:10 pm.
Old Jun 5th 2017, 8:28 pm
Chips & Gravy

jennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I would do transit if the flight times match up during operating hours.

Not sure how it all works with the new compass cards, but in the past you could buy a ticket at the pharmasave located in the domestic terminal on the lower level below baggage claim to avoid the $5 add fare from YVR as only the machines at the station charged the add fare, might still be able to do that.

Some hotels also offer park and fly, stay 1 night before your trip and get x amount of parking included, sometimes it works out a bit cheaper, but really depends on what the hotel rates are at the time and if there are any good deals.
7Eleven stopped doing the tickets, you have to pay on the platform now. Only way to beat the fare without having a compass card is to be an airport employee and you have to show a valid RAIC at the Currency Exchange.

OP, do you have a membership with the EVO car share? (Free to BCAA members). They have a drop off at one of the airport parking lots, all you have to do then is get the shuttle. I think car2go still goes to the hotel but since most of their fleet is a smartcar then it's pretty useless.
Old Jun 5th 2017, 9:09 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

That sucks. I have a monthly pass so haven't bought a single fare in a long time so wasn't sure if it was still possible.

Originally Posted by jennellapea
7Eleven stopped doing the tickets, you have to pay on the platform now. Only way to beat the fare without having a compass card is to be an airport employee and you have to show a valid RAIC at the Currency Exchange.

OP, do you have a membership with the EVO car share? (Free to BCAA members). They have a drop off at one of the airport parking lots, all you have to do then is get the shuttle. I think car2go still goes to the hotel but since most of their fleet is a smartcar then it's pretty useless.
Old Jun 5th 2017, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

doesn't help snowy but if you are going to the airport and coming back the same day (say to meet someone arriving) you can buy a one way 2 zone ticket at any station not on sea island (it has to be a paper ticker not value on a compass card) to use on the way back and avoid the $5 add on fare. Also works if you are going to outlet malls by sky train.
Old Jun 5th 2017, 11:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

No not an Evo member 😞 I didn't know how to avoid the add on unless you have a monthly pass so that's good to know ☺
Old Jun 5th 2017, 11:03 pm
Chips & Gravy

jennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
That sucks. I have a monthly pass so haven't bought a single fare in a long time so wasn't sure if it was still possible.
Tell me about it. There was a big stink (at the company I work for at least) when the fare gates closed as many Sea Island employees didn't need a monthly pass but were being charged the add on as they could no longer buy a book of tickets. They came up with a solution but you still get charged the cash fare and not the stored credit fare. Kinda sucks for transit users. I just drive now, can't be bothered with the hassle.

Last edited by jennellapea; Jun 5th 2017 at 11:07 pm.
Old Jun 6th 2017, 1:02 am
Account Closed

I don't blame ya. When I was working mid-day, I would take transit mostly so I didn't have to drive and fuss with traffic, but now with 4:30am start the only viable option is driving. Technically I can take 2 night buses to get there, but that would require leaving home at 2:50am, and arriving around 3:40am, and as I don't have a clear RAIC yet, I would have to sit for nearly an hour in the terminal, not worth the fuss that early in the day.

If only we could have 24 hour train service, or at least have it start earlier then it does, lots of people and passengers needing to be at YVR well before the train even starts.

Originally Posted by jennellapea
Tell me about it. There was a big stink (at the company I work for at least) when the fare gates closed as many Sea Island employees didn't need a monthly pass but were being charged the add on as they could no longer buy a book of tickets. They came up with a solution but you still get charged the cash fare and not the stored credit fare. Kinda sucks for transit users. I just drive now, can't be bothered with the hassle.
Old Jun 6th 2017, 2:10 am
BE Forum Addict

jennellapea: please can you explain to me about EVO? We have BCAA so if I got the EVO membership what would I then be able to do? Do you mean rent an EVO car and drop it off at the parking lot then take the shuttle? Thanks!
Old Jun 6th 2017, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

There are now set flat rate fares for taxis to and from YVR to Vancouver and Richmond.........

you can go to the following site and get an estimate of the cost .......

https://www.taxifarefinder.com/main....couver&lang=en

what time of day do you arrive back at YVR?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.