Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Best Catholic Schools in SW Calgary

Best Catholic Schools in SW Calgary

Old Nov 8th 2011, 2:34 am
Forum Regular

JasonnJane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best Catholic Schools in SW Calgary

Hi, We are moving up to Calgary at the end of this month and was wondering if anyone can give me advise on catholic schools around the Bridlewood, Evergreen, Silverado, Somerset, Shawnessy areas. The school for the area we are moving to is Father James Welihan, although I am sure we should have more than one choice?? This school is also Kindergarden to G9, rather than the usual K - 6, do you think this is a good or bad thing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 3:39 am
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best Catholic Schools in SW Calgary

Why not let your kids decide if they want religion in their lives once they're old enough to do so themselves? In the meantime, provide good values to live by, not religious dogma. HTH
Old Nov 8th 2011, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

Adriane is on a distinguished road

Check this website for rankings of both public and catholic schools:

Http://alberta.compareschoolrankings...ationName.aspx
Old Nov 8th 2011, 10:29 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by R I C H
Why not let your kids decide if they want religion in their lives once they're old enough to do so themselves? In the meantime, provide good values to live by, not religious dogma. HTH
What if the children die before seeing the light? They'd be damned. Better to lead them now to the staff and their rods.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 12:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JasonnJane
Hi, We are moving up to Calgary at the end of this month and was wondering if anyone can give me advise on catholic schools around the Bridlewood, Evergreen, Silverado, Somerset, Shawnessy areas. The school for the area we are moving to is Father James Welihan, although I am sure we should have more than one choice?? This school is also Kindergarden to G9, rather than the usual K - 6, do you think this is a good or bad thing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Why do you believe there should be more than one choice? Your children will to to the school for that catchment area. You can apply to other schools but they only have to accept you if they have room and wish to.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 1:31 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Better to lead them now to the staff and their rods.
School fishing trips? Cool The whole Catholic upbringing is better than I imagined.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

in the woods will become famous soon enough

School fishing trips? Cool The whole Catholic upbringing is better than I imagined.
different type of rod altho rod rhymes with sod
Old Nov 8th 2011, 5:44 pm
Pea Brain

Originally Posted by in the woods
different type of rod altho rod rhymes with sod
It's insight like this that keeps me on this site.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

justkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud of

She didn't ask you how to raise her children. You people are unbelievable sometimes. I hope you all go to hell
Old Nov 8th 2011, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

justkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JasonnJane
My son is at a K-9 school in grade 9 at the moment. He has been there since kindergarten and has made and kept many good friends through the 10 years. Most of them will now be going to the local high school for the next three years.

You can go to any school that you wish that has room and will accept you but keep in mind that you would be responsible for transportation if required.

I think it is a good idea for the kids to go to the school that most of the neighbours go to. It makes it easier in the long run for the kids to get together and play outside or at each others houses and for walking to and from school together. It's also handy for after school care if required or if you just need someone to pick up your child in an emergency.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 8:22 pm
Pea Brain

Originally Posted by bgroe
She didn't ask you how to raise her children.
Is my opinion any less valid to express?

You people are unbelievable sometimes.
Do you mean atheists? Are you assuming that's what I am? What's so bad about freedom of choice regarding religion?

I hope you all go to hell
See you there cupcake.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 8:26 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

She didn't ask you how to raise her children. You people are unbelievable sometimes. I hope you all go to hell
wow - if I believed in a hell i'm sure i'd be offended on Rich's behalf.

But seeing as I don't your point is somewhat moot.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 8:53 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Do you mean atheists? Are you assuming that's what I am? What's so bad about freedom of choice regarding religion?
You're wrong. Brainwashing children is the only way to stop them making immoral choices as adults.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 10:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Has everyone lost their famous British sense of humour today? Or are you all too Canadian now?

Is my opinion any less valid to express?

She did not ask whether to send her child to Catholic school or to another school, so no opinion required.

No, not atheists, BE posters!

See you there cupcake.
You may call me cookie
Old Nov 8th 2011, 10:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
wow - if I believed in a hell i'm sure i'd be offended on Rich's behalf.

But seeing as I don't your point is somewhat moot.
Where is your sense of humour today? There was a smiley face at the end of the sentence

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.