Reload this Page >

Best areas - Calgary

Best areas - Calgary

Old Apr 30th 2012, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

lynsey3333 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best areas - Calgary

Hi

I posted a qu a few weeks back re moving to calgary with a baby, and at the time we were still a little undecided.

Weve now accepted the offer and so hope to move out july august time. My husband will be working at Quarry park boulevard, so what areas should we be looking at? Our priority really is our little girl and being in family orientated areas...... So distance from work is not the number one, it's more about choosing the right area for us as a family.

Can anyone help.

Lynsey
Old Apr 30th 2012, 6:32 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best areas

This is in the SE, right? Everything around there is fairly new and much of a muchness, if you go to the other side of the river, i.e. Bow Bottom Tr, it's older and more established and considered more upmarket.

If you want new and available and not tremendously expensive, think Cranston, Copperfield, New Brighton, McKenzie Towne, Prestwick that area.

However areas like Shawnessy are a bit more established, same sort of houses but there are more shops.

I'd stay north of 22X, there's nothing really wrong with the new houses south of 22X, but it's sort of considered a out-in-the-sticks-why-would-you-want-to-live-there location. I'm sure in a few years people won't think that though.

Anyway they're all family sort of areas, the people who live in the new SE stuff are mainly young families from surrounding provinces.

Check where the schools are...
Old Apr 30th 2012, 6:33 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

If he's working in Quarry Park Boulevard - and I can guess who he's working for - I would say anywhere in the SW. Lots of people seem to like some of the areas in the far SE, but to be honest, the whole of the city is much of a muchness. The further you go away from downtown, in any direction, the more identical it all becomes.

EDIT: Wow - two posts at the same time, and we both used the phrase "much of a muchness". Tells you all you need to know.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 6:53 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

i live in New Brighton..its new with lots of families and parks and schools etc..lots of shops as they have just built/still building a shopping complex on 130/52nd..and Mackenzie towne is on the door step with its english style high street etc...but as mentioned other areas are available with similar facilities with probably the same feel and same kinds of families.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 8:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best areas - Calgary

It's all much of a muchness
Old Apr 30th 2012, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the replies, most of them were helpful.......

Search continues....... Any body else offer any advice it wd be much appreciated.

Lynsey
Old Apr 30th 2012, 9:26 pm
Just Joined

glosh is an unknown quantity at this point

We have just returned from Calgary,we were checking out area's to live and we really liked Lake Sundance,check it out,mind you my 4 kids are alot older than your child
Old Apr 30th 2012, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

merylbaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by glosh
We have just returned from Calgary,we were checking out area's to live and we really liked Lake Sundance,check it out,mind you my 4 kids are alot older than your child
Likewise. we have been back a just over a week and we liked Sundance too
Old Apr 30th 2012, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by merylbaz
Likewise. we have been back a just over a week and we liked Sundance too
Thats funny we are just back a week also,what age are your kids?
Old May 1st 2012, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

Thats funny we are just back a week also,what age are your kids?
I have 2 girls ages nearly 12 and 13yrs. We hope to move out towards the end of October, wanted to go out August so the girls could start the new term, but a couple of things are holding us up.
How about you?

Last edited by merylbaz; May 1st 2012 at 10:35 am. Reason: adding something
Old May 1st 2012, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

I have 2 girls ages nearly 12 and 13yrs. We hope to move out towards the end of October, wanted to go out August so the girls could start the new term, but a couple of things are holding us up.
How about you?
Mine are age 15 down to 8 so I have 2 for elementary,1 junior high and 1 for high school,think we will go with the catholic schools only because we are but the public schools in sundance were excellent also.

We are in the process of the LMO but hope to move this summer
for school in September
Old May 1st 2012, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

Mine are age 15 down to 8 so I have 2 for elementary,1 junior high and 1 for high school,think we will go with the catholic schools only because we are but the public schools in sundance were excellent also.

We are in the process of the LMO but hope to move this summer
for school in September
Good Luck with the move, we might end up neighbours. We will probibly be using the public school system, though I am catholic.
Old May 1st 2012, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

Good Luck with the move, we might end up neighbours. We will probibly be using the public school system, though I am catholic.
Good luck guys.
Old May 2nd 2012, 6:42 am
Just Joined

We think we like the look of mckenzie lake area, looks very family friendly and close to work, he might even be able to get the bus which we never even thought about?!?

Exciting times, I look at my little 8 month old and just hope we are doing the right thing.

Thanks for the help
Old May 2nd 2012, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lynsey3333
We think we like the look of mckenzie lake area, looks very family friendly and close to work, he might even be able to get the bus which we never even thought about?!?

Exciting times, I look at my little 8 month old and just hope we are doing the right thing.

Thanks for the help
We looked at Mckenzie Lake too, and that was a possible as far as we were concerned too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.