Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

This is becoming so real - mixture of emotions

This is becoming so real - mixture of emotions

Old Sep 4th 2012, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

cllb2 is just really nicecllb2 is just really nicecllb2 is just really nicecllb2 is just really nicecllb2 is just really nicecllb2 is just really nicecllb2 is just really nicecllb2 is just really nicecllb2 is just really nicecllb2 is just really nice
Default Re: This is becoming so real - mixture of emotions

Customs? Fun times .
Old Sep 4th 2012, 11:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Heres another acronym to cause more stress CBSA
Dont get me started!
Old Sep 5th 2012, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boy d
its called eustress and its really your response to a situation. One could be optimistic looking forward to a challenge, filled with hope etc or one could be filled with trepidation and anxiety. Rather like taking a test and wondering if you have prep'd enough. The stress is designed to focus your attention.

Its normal. It causes you to consider all possible outcomes. Not to mention that moving abroad, leaving behind one's comfort zone and all that is safe and famliar is stressful.

Life is a crap shoot and fortune favours the brave but luck also comes into it...can i find a decent job, will i like where I live, will i make new friends? What if........

You have to commit then make the best of it with a positive attitude. If it doesn't work out, you can always go back, a bit lighter in the pocket but richer for the experience of it. besides, vancouver is a pretty nice slice of the world, regardless of what some on here would have you believe.

good luck...any practical help i can give about vancouver just fire away or pm me
Great post!