Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

BC MSP/revenue services of BC - banes fo my life!!

BC MSP/revenue services of BC - banes fo my life!!

Old Oct 26th 2015, 7:33 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BC MSP/revenue services of BC - banes fo my life!!

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Hire more Govt workers now
Maybe they just need to work more efficiently.
Old Oct 26th 2015, 8:03 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
Thats the truth. We have the joys of having to visit a govt office monthly and they seem to spend more time chatting then working.

My ex wife worked for the feds and she will readily admit it was a cushy job with far less work for more money compared to her private sector admin jobs.
Old Oct 26th 2015, 9:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
But that would cost money lol. Maybe supplying their workers with up to date and efficient software would also help. I will be so glad when we move away from Windows 98 at work. Actually they just upgraded us to Windows 7.Don't even get me started from changing over from FOSS to GCMS or how US residents will be required to use chip debit cards when making transactions. Its now hunting season and its amazing how money cannot figure out how to use a POS machine when we collect their $25 for their CAFC form.
Old Oct 26th 2015, 10:04 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Chip and PIN has kind of been a stupid roll out in the US. Some banks using chip and pin, others doing chip and signature and not all merchants going over to terminals that accept chip cards.

Its new tech down there. I was in retail the first Christmas chip and pin was used in mass here, and it confused people as well.

The signs in the BC office we have to visit have said please excuse the slowness as they are upgrading systems to serve you bette for going on at least 3 years now. Almost seems laughible at this point.

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
But that would cost money lol. Maybe supplying their workers with up to date and efficient software would also help. I will be so glad when we move away from Windows 98 at work. Actually they just upgraded us to Windows 7.Don't even get me started from changing over from FOSS to GCMS or how US residents will be required to use chip debit cards when making transactions. Its now hunting season and its amazing how money cannot figure out how to use a POS machine when we collect their $25 for their CAFC form.
Old Oct 26th 2015, 11:19 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
My ex wife worked for the feds and she will readily admit it was a cushy job with far less work for more money compared to her private sector admin jobs.
There are government departments like that in the UK. Ministry of Defence or whatever it's called now is a great example. Others, like my old dept has it's cushy areas but they're few and far between. Everyone else works like slaves and are treated like them.

The few times I've been in to 'Service New Brunswick' to sort out special prescription coverage for the $7000 a time treatments my wife was getting - the facility shares with the Social Assistance area - I was struck by how peaceful it all was. A far cry from my old job.
Old Oct 30th 2015, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

tee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Incompetent..... Thats the word I use alot when talking about MSP.
It took them 5 month to change me from Twp to PR on there system and left me in health care limbo for 2 month which was very upsetting at the time as was really unwell with what turned out to be pneumonia.
Old Oct 30th 2015, 8:45 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tee1
It took them 5 month to change me from Twp to PR on there system and left me in health care limbo for 2 month .
Looking forward to that one when and if it comes around
Old Oct 30th 2015, 10:05 pm
Account Closed

Not MSP related but still Revenue Services of BC as they also deal with student loans. Mine was paid off back in March, and as of yesterday they have still not removed the restriction on my account, apparently it all has to be done manually by another department. They did send a request to have it removed though, but said it may take a few weeks.
Old Nov 5th 2015, 9:07 pm
Just Joined

Zooper has a reputation beyond reputeZooper has a reputation beyond reputeZooper has a reputation beyond reputeZooper has a reputation beyond reputeZooper has a reputation beyond reputeZooper has a reputation beyond reputeZooper has a reputation beyond reputeZooper has a reputation beyond reputeZooper has a reputation beyond reputeZooper has a reputation beyond reputeZooper has a reputation beyond repute

The frustrations with MSP mostly started when the BC government outsourced administration to a US firm.
Old Nov 5th 2015, 9:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zooper
The frustrations with MSP mostly started when the BC government outsourced administration to a US firm.
Well you get what you pay for then Is the phone help line located in India by any chance?
Old Nov 6th 2015, 3:56 am
Account Closed

They should just dump the premiums, and raise taxes the same amount per year for the income levels, could eliminate a bunch of problems.