Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

BC MSP/revenue services of BC - banes fo my life!!

BC MSP/revenue services of BC - banes fo my life!!

Old Oct 26th 2015, 1:06 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default BC MSP/revenue services of BC - banes fo my life!!

To cut a long story short, my work has been paying my MSP premiums since August. However, due to someone in HR messing up, the paper work to transfer me onto the group plan did not go through till the end of September.

Since then, I recieve invoices every month from revenue services despite me informing them that my company is paying. I've been told the paperwork can take up to 6 weeks to go through so I believe it is at 5 weeks right now.

I've just returned from holiday to two voicemails from revenue BC and a letter telling me my account is overdue and it is going to collections.

I'm getting angry about this and I don't know what to do. Should I get my HR/payroll to sort it out or shall I just call them. (I hate calling them as I'm on hold for 20 minutes and then they have to put me through to enrolment and im on hold for another 15-20 minutes).

I honestly cannot believe something as simple as this can take 6 weeks!!!
Old Oct 26th 2015, 1:13 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BC MSP/revenue services of BC - banes fo my life!!

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
I honestly cannot believe something as simple as this can take 6 weeks!!!
I can.
Old Oct 26th 2015, 1:19 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I can.

I'm sorry but I'm not impressed with them at all. Maybe they need to employ more people who actually know what they are doing. It would help if it was all under one section rather then split between MSP and revenue services.
Old Oct 26th 2015, 1:35 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Except for the most straightforward things (new ID, New Medicare Card, Netfiling taxes) I've not had good experiences with any government department, provincial or federal.

You might have seen a post I made a few weeks ago about the CPP death payment that supposedly takes 6 to 12 weeks. (why?)

I applied initially to NB because according to their website I should only apply via Quebec (where my late wife contributed) if she died while resident there.

Several weeks beyond the 12 week point and attempting to find out what was happening I discovered something that contradicted the earlier part and that I should apply via Quebec.
(it proved impossible to resolve by phone)

I figured if it really should be via Quebec, then NB gov would discover this and send it on.

But I emailed Quebec to ask and their reply said I should do it via NB.

I decided it was best to re-apply via Quebec and they could sort it out between them.

19 weeks it took.

I got paid by Quebec and NB hasn't even written to say it was passed on.
Old Oct 26th 2015, 2:06 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

I've just returned from holiday to two voicemails from revenue BC and a letter telling me my account is overdue and it is going to collections.

I'm getting angry about this and I don't know what to do. Should I get my HR/payroll to sort it out or shall I just call them. (I hate calling them as I'm on hold for 20 minutes and then they have to put me through to enrolment and im on hold for another 15-20 minutes).
Write to them to notify them of what is going on. Send by fax or courier so you have proof of delivery. Ideally with proof of payment by your employer.

Check with the company to make sure they are paying it.

If it goes to collections, tell them the amount is paid. If that does not stop them, tell them it is in dispute, and only to contact you in writing. Under the Business and Consumer Protection Act, they have to comply. By then it should be sorted.
Old Oct 26th 2015, 3:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
Write to them to notify them of what is going on. Send by fax or courier so you have proof of delivery.....

If it goes to collections, tell them the amount is paid.
Do you have proof through you pay slips that you could provide? Even tho it's not a true deduction off your pay, it should still show up an an employer-paid cost.
Old Oct 26th 2015, 4:20 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Revenue services of BC are poop heads. I went through dealing with them for 2 years over premiums I did not owe. They are useless department.

Unles they have changed they wont report to credit file for MSP premiums but they will take refunds from CRA eventually.

They operate on the basis they are collecting for the govt of BC and they make no mistakes. Much the same way most BC govt agencies operate.
Old Oct 26th 2015, 10:56 am
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by ann m
Do you have proof through you pay slips that you could provide? Even tho it's not a true deduction off your pay, it should still show up an an employer-paid cost.
Yes I do but I need to get this sorted by the time tax time comes around though as I don't want it deducted off my tax rebates (if I am entitled to one).

I will speak to them today and see if copies of my payslips will help.
Old Oct 26th 2015, 1:52 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I do but I need to get this sorted by the time tax time comes around though as I don't want it deducted off my tax rebates (if I am entitled to one).

I will speak to them today and see if copies of my payslips will help.
Remember to follow up any verbal discussion with a fax to record what was discussed and agreed... Aviator's suggestions are sound.
Old Oct 26th 2015, 2:19 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by Pizzawheel
Remember to follow up any verbal discussion with a fax to record what was discussed and agreed... Aviator's suggestions are sound.
Agreed but I would prefer to do it via email if I can
Old Oct 26th 2015, 2:44 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed but I would prefer to do it via email if I can
You might have to wait a couple of decades for Canadian public bodies to get up to speed with that....
Old Oct 26th 2015, 3:23 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

It is bugger all to do with MSP/Revenue Services. Your employer has screwed up. Get then to sort it out.
Old Oct 26th 2015, 3:34 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by JonboyE
It is bugger all to do with MSP/Revenue Services. Your employer has screwed up. Get then to sort it out.
Initially they did but they sent the documents off at the end of September so I disagree, it is not them this time.

Also I have just called revenue services and they have informed me the adjustment came through from MSP on 23 October so fingers crossed that was the last invoice and it will be sorted
Old Oct 26th 2015, 5:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Hire more Govt workers now thats not a phrase you hear everyday
That begs the question would a privately run company run it any better or is the work sub contracted out to a private company and this is the problem

Both private sector and public sector organizations do outstanding work but some are pretty crap at the services they deliver including in parts my Agency.
Old Oct 26th 2015, 7:27 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Hire more Govt workers now thats not a phrase you hear everyday
I reckon I heard it most days in DSS/DWP when benefit claims were taking 6 weeks before they were even looked at and waiting times in the office were often 3 or 4 hours.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.